Hyper Neo Geo 64 System Board/Revision 1 Manual/info

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
In the photo with the two sitting on each other, the bottom one is a Rev 2. The top one is Rev 1.

The Rev 1 is the one with the volume control knob showing. Sound comes by connecting the speakers directly to the mobo through the connector on the right front of the mobo (the second connector to the right of the volume knob).

The Rev 2 board has no know, and sound is sent through the Jamma harness to the speakers.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
I don't see an jamma/mvs switch on either though...
Also,
how do I know if they are a fighting or driving board etc... I got them without games so I never knew..:(

Pas

Camel Slug
FOMOCO&CO said:
I don't see an jamma/mvs switch on either though...
Also,
how do I know if they are a fighting or driving board etc... I got them without games so I never knew..:(

They are little dip style switches around the middle of the PCB on the bottom side of the board. As for being able to tell which version of the board it is you just have to plug in a game and see if it gives you an error about being the wrong type of board or not as far as I understand it. Most of the HNG64 boards are fighting boards though...so if thats what you want you have a VERY good chance of having one ;)

Check my thread here to see what I am talking about with the switches.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
No, the picture of the mobo is of the opposite side. You need to see the other side of the board to know what rev it is. Ask him to turn it around and take a photo of the side that has the jamma connector.

Hey guys, just got a rev 2 board with 4 fighting games to put into my generic Jamma cab. Just confirming: all I have to do to get it running is to plug the jamma connector (which is now the only thing plugged into the MVS unit inside) and plug it into the HNG64, and voila?

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Hey guys, just got a rev 2 board with 4 fighting games to put into my generic Jamma cab. Just confirming: all I have to do to get it running is to plug the jamma connector (which is now the only thing plugged into the MVS unit inside) and plug it into the HNG64, and voila?

You also have to set the two switches on the bottom of the i/o board to JAMMA and Mono, respectively.

ptrix4u2c

Mega Shock!!
Just got in my Rev 2 HNG board with a few games yesterday. I'm really impressed with the system itself (and it's weight!). I wonder what type of games we would have seen on this had it been more successful? Maybe 2D games would be similar to what we saw on Atomiswave such as KOFXI and NGBC. It's fun and a little sad to think about.

I felt like most of the games have that little...3D PSX era slowness to them in regards to input time and move execution. SS64:WR seemed to be the slowest of the games I got. I'm going to have to spend a bit more time with it before I say much more. FF:WA is about what I expected of FF in 3D. It moves a fairly quick pace and I enjoyed playing it for a while with my friend. The real surprise here was Buriki One. What a strange little fighter with an interesting control setup. It's my favorite game for the system by far. Over all I'm pretty happy with the system, but it's hard to not get a little sad about how everything turned out with SNK in general.

Out of curiosity what other 3D fighters were released in the era of the HNG64? If VF3 was released in 1996...then I guess everything about the HNG64 would have looked pretty dated around 1998. Also, if I have SS64:WR, is there any reason to track down the original game?

rklok

n00b
I have a Super NEO 29 Type 2 cabinet with a Hyper 64 Board inside.
Why do I get a blanc screen when I try to connect a MVS board??
Anyone?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Anyone?

Hey it's Mr RKlok, yaaaaayyy.
You can try to ask it in tech support too. If you cannot post your own topics yet, lmk. Maybe I can pull a string here and there:-J

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Anyone?

The 5v lines are wired differently from the psu when a rev 1 board is in there. For connecting other boards, you're supposed to remove the extra power connector from the rev 1 I/O header and disconnect the other end from the psu, then use the Y adapter to join its output with the 5v lines on the header next to it (the one that should already be connected to the other branch of the Y adapter). At that point the power will be wired like the super neo type 1 cabs. You still need to switch the audio connectors in the speaker section in order to get audio off the harness, though it will be mono.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Johannsson

n00b
Thank You whoever made it a Sticky..You Rock..:buttrock:

Added pics..

samsho64.jpg

vfcb.jpg
it's cool!

hi this might sound silly but I always thought the driving board can only be used with driving games and the fight board can only be used with fighting games.
is this right?

HELP stuck at blue screen, Xtreme Rally Revision 1 board. Have the extra 5+v connected, i find no 5v running through black jamma connecter to mobo. I dind a 12v and another that reads 1.99v.

Had to replace fuses on PCB board with new ones, old ones broke off during some point. Before that all.i wpuld get is white screen. Only owned this for almost a week. Replaced power supply already.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

dave010567

n00b
HELP stuck at blue screen, Xtreme Rally Revision 1 board. Have the extra 5+v connected, i find no 5v running through black jamma connecter to mobo. I dind a 12v and another that reads 1.99v.

Had to replace fuses on PCB board with new ones, old ones broke off during some point. Before that all.i wpuld get is white screen. Only owned this for almost a week. Replaced power supply already.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Xtreme Rally will only work with a driving mother board. If you are trying to use it with a rev1 mother board it wont work. Can you post a pic?