Hyper Neo Geo 64 System Board/Revision 1 Manual/info

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Hyper Neo Geo 64 System Board/Revision 1 manual Important info..

The Manual Itself will be in the Second Post etc..
(I will Add Info as I put it together/locate it.)

WARNING Big Pictures..

IF THE MANUAL PICTURES ARE NOT SHOWING PM/EMAIL ME I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU.

040216170025.jpg

Revision 1 Board..

Neox061.jpg

Neox062.jpg

Hyper 64 FF WILD AMBITION
af_1_b.JPG

Yes,the pic is from Ebay..But, I won that Ebay auction..(I wil take additional Pics)

Buriki One Cart.. loose..
Neo_066.jpg

Buriki One Cart On Board..
Neo_064.jpg

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1102221#post1102221post1102221

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
IF THE MANUAL PICTURES ARE NOT SHOWING PM/EMAIL ME I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU.The Hosting Company goes down from time to time.

Front.jpg

Page_1.jpg

Page_1_Backside.jpg

Page_2.jpg

Page_2_backside.jpg

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
IF THE MANUAL PICTURES ARE NOT SHOWING PM/EMAIL ME I WILL EMAIL THEM TO YOU.The Hosting Company goes down from time to time.

Next Few Pages as best as My Scanner can get them..

Page_3.jpg

Page_3_Backside.jpg

Page_4.jpg

Page_4_Backside.jpg

Page_5.jpg

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Thank You whoever made it a Sticky..You Rock..:buttrock:

Added pics..

samsho64.jpg

vfcb.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Is the edge connector on the Hyper MoBo 56 pin?

Mike

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Michael Yagami said:
So I can unhook my 6-Slot MoBo and hook up a Hyper MoBo and it'll work fine, right?

Mike

No..

A Hyper 64 Revision "2" will work if you unhook your 6-Slot MoBo and plug it into the harness right out of the box etc..
The Manual info above is for a Hyper 64 Revision 1 MoBo ..

The Hyper 64 Revision 1 will plug right into your harness..BUT you need to hook up the additional wires to +5V(RED)on your Power Supply..to keep the board from burning out..
And the Ground(black) additional wires...to a ground..

For sound you'll need to run the additional wires (included) to your speakers in the cab..

The Hyper 64 Revision 1 will turn on if plugged into the harness in your MVS cab but the additional wires to +5V and ground are need to prevent the board from burning out.
And the other wires are needed for sound.

Two Hyper 64 Revision 1 boards that I have are missing the volume knob and Molex connecting plate/wires..
Upon plugging them into the Tekken 3 and the Candy cab provided a regular level of Mono (one speaker)sound when I plugged turned them on (with game)..and worked fine..
I just couldn't adjust the volume..Plus if I left either of them running/set-up without the additional wires to +5V(RED/and ground they would eventually burn out the game board and game.(Don't Do This)
I don't know why I got sound..I figure the volume switch when plugged to the board reroutes the circuitry to the additional wires for the sound..
I was going to experiment with this..to see if I unhooked the volume switch plug would I get sound..
But I still haven't hooked any of Hyper 64 Revision 1 boards I have to any of my cabs..

I'm going to wire a set-up in to the Candy using "Two" additional wire sets out of the Hyper 64 Revision 1 board sets I have..
This way I can just plug or unplug the set-up when I want to use it or take it out..and it'll be real neatly done.
Charles if I made a mistake please..help me out..:)

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
chris1 said:
No.. A Hyper 64 Revision "2" will work if you unhook your 6-Slot MoBo and plug it into the harness right out of the box etc..

Thanks for the info.

Mike

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Michael Yagami said:
Thanks for the info.

Mike

The Revision 2 boards (I think)Have a switch on the bottom that needs to be switched for Jamma or MVS..

I don't own one yet..
Someone please verify..

chris1 said:
No..

A Hyper 64 Revision "2" will work if you unhook your 6-Slot MoBo and plug it into the harness right out of the box etc..
The Manual info above is for a Hyper 64 Revision 1 MoBo ..

The Hyper 64 Revision 1 will plug right into your harness..BUT you need to hook up the additional wires to +5V(RED)on your Power Supply..to keep the board from burning out..
And the Ground(black) additional wires...to a ground..

For sound you'll need to run the additional wires (included) to your speakers in the cab..

The Hyper 64 Revision 1 will turn on if plugged into the harness in your MVS cab but the additional wires to +5V and ground are need to prevent the board from burning out.
And the other wires are needed for sound.

Two Hyper 64 Revision 1 boards that I have are missing the volume knob and Molex connecting plate/wires..
Upon plugging them into the Tekken 3 and the Candy cab provided a regular level of Mono (one speaker)sound when I plugged turned them on (with game)..and worked fine..
I just couldn't adjust the volume..Plus if I left either of them running/set-up without the additional wires to +5V(RED/and ground they would eventually burn out the game board and game.(Don't Do This)
I don't know why I got sound..I figure the volume switch when plugged to the board reroutes the circuitry to the additional wires for the sound..
I was going to experiment with this..to see if I unhooked the volume switch plug would I get sound..
But I still haven't hooked any of Hyper 64 Revision 1 boards I have to any of my cabs..

I'm going to wire a set-up in to the Candy using "Two" additional wire sets out of the Hyper 64 Revision 1 board sets I have..
This way I can just plug or unplug the set-up when I want to use it or take it out..and it'll be real neatly done.
Charles if I made a mistake please..help me out..:)

Chris,

You are correct in everything except on one topic. The sound.

First, the Hyper 64 needs -5V to get the sound to work.

Second, The stereo harness that is included with the Hyper 64 only connects your Hyper 64 directly to the cabinet's speakers. Therefore, you get stereo sound. If you have a cab with one speaker, you do not need the stereo harness. So mono will come out fine from the JAMMA portion of the board.

Third, if you have a dedicated MVS cabinet, you will need to wire the -5V to pins 5 and E from your JAMMA harness to get sound. But if you have a standard JAMMA cabinet, you will not need to worry about this step because -5V is part of the JAMMA standard. But you will have to wire the fourth button for both player 1 and player 2 into your JAMMA harness.

Chris, that explains why you got mono sound from your Tekken 3 cab.

Charles

chris1 said:
The Revision 2 boards (I think)Have a switch on the bottom that needs to be switched for Jamma or MVS..

I don't own one yet..
Someone please verify..

Yes, the rev. 2 of the Hyper 64 board does have a MVS-JAMMA switch on the bottom.:)

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
Chris,

You are correct in everything except on one topic. The sound.

First, the Hyper 64 needs -5V to get the sound to work.

Second, The stereo harness that is included with the Hyper 64 only connects your Hyper 64 directly to the cabinet's speakers. Therefore, you get stereo sound. If you have a cab with one speaker, you do not need the stereo harness. So mono will come out fine from the JAMMA portion of the board.

Third, if you have a dedicated MVS cabinet, you will need to wire the -5V to pins 5 and E from your JAMMA harness to get sound. But if you have a standard JAMMA cabinet, you will not need to worry about this step because -5V is part of the JAMMA standard. But you will have to wire the fourth button for both player 1 and player 2 into your JAMMA harness.

Chris, that explains why you got mono sound from your Tekken 3 cab.

Charles

Thank You so much..Charles.

Now this is the kind of info I need in this thread..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Pictures belong to member Nallchan that I want to thank for..
Thank you my friend..

sam64cap2.jpg

.................................................................................................................................
info by Charles Franklin Fernandez

Originally Posted by Charles Franklin Fernandez
I love my Hyper 64 so much that I own 4 Hyper Neo Geo 64 boards, one for each fighting game.

As with other arcade systems and boards, the Hyper 64 is OK in quality as long as you do not do something stupid.

There are two revisions of the board. Rev 1 is the first revision that came out, and it is the one that requires extra harnesses for the speakers and the power supply. Rev 2 is a latter version of the board that fixes all the mistakes done on rev 1 and is more JAMMA type, in other words it is plug-and-play. You can tell that you have a rev 2 board when you find a MVS-JAMMA switch under it. BTW, turn the switch to MVS and you can plug it in a dedicated MVS cab with zero modifications.

Also keep in mind that there are four versions of the hyper 64 board:
- Figthing (the one discussed above).
- Shooting.
- Driving.
- And there is a Korean version of the Hyper 64 that only plays the Samurai Showdown games.

These boards are technically different from each other, so you can not put a driving cart into a fighting board. They won't work.

What version would I recommend, well it depends. If you want a cheap board and are not afraid dealing with extra wiring harnesses, rev 1 is for you. On the other hand if you are not confortable working with extra harnesses and just want to plug and play, then get the rev 2. Just keep in mind that rev 2 boards were exclusive for the Japanese market, so not too many of them were produced. And they tend to be a bit more expensive.

Games are not hard to find at all, now complete kits on the other hand... You can still find games at www.videoconnect.com (check if they still have Buriki One as a complete kit), www.vektorlogik.com, and of course eBay. I did not have any trouble at all finding the games that I wanted. I got a Buriki One kit, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition with marquee and manual, and Samurai Showdown 64 with marquee and manual from Video Connection (www.videoconnect.com). And I found a Warriors Rage kit on ebay, I belive that the seller was mountaincoinop.

What is hard to find, at least for me, are the "Hyper Neo Geo 64" gold side arts, side arts for each fighter game, button labels, cpos, and move stickers for Fatal Fury Wild Ambition and Samurai Showdown 64. So if anyone has any of those for sale...

Must have games for the Hyper 64 (fighting):
- Buriki One.
- Warriors Rage.
- Samurai Showdown 64.

Unfortunately, Fatal Fury Wild Ambition has a lot to be desired. I guess that it was SNK's wild ambition to redo the original Fatal Fury in 64-bit.

Charles

Added pic..
vfcb.jpg

Last edited:

Nallchan

Quiz Detective
:multi_co: Hey those are NICE pictures :multi_co: ... . wait a min.. i recognize those ... ( looks at the link ) ... YEP! LMAO .. those are my pictures ! LOL :shame:

its not a prob... just poking fun ..i dont mind.. but id prefer to be asked in the future or at least given credit.. esp being hosted on my server hehe :cool:

chris1 said:

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Nallchan said:
:multi_co: Hey those are NICE pictures :multi_co: ... . wait a min.. i recognize those ... ( looks at the link ) ... YEP! LMAO .. those are my pictures ! LOL :shame:

its not a prob... just poking fun ..i dont mind.. but id prefer to be asked in the future or at least given credit.. esp being hosted on my server hehe :cool:

Sorry man..
I'll fix it and give you crdeit for the pics..I forgot all about them.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Nallchan said:
as i said.. not a prob.. its all good.. :glee:
thanks...

Thanks man. :)

I made a big pic that I'm going to change above and give you credit for..
That way they won't be on your hosting site..it's only right..
I should of asked your permission..I had forgot all about them after I posted them.

sam64cap2.jpg

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Beast Busters ...Wiring Diagram..

(I have most of the manual(trashed)but no picture of the motherboard in this manual..

Beast_BustDia.jpg

Found this pic in an Ebay auction..

I'm only using it here to show what it looks like..(It'll probably go down)

DCP01201.JPG

Last edited: