Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hyper Neo Geo 64 System Board/Revision 1 Manual/info

I liek DragonWarrior

In the photo with the two sitting on each other, the bottom one is a Rev 2. The top one is Rev 1.

The Rev 1 is the one with the volume control knob showing. Sound comes by connecting the speakers directly to the mobo through the connector on the right front of the mobo (the second connector to the right of the volume knob).

The Rev 2 board has no know, and sound is sent through the Jamma harness to the speakers.
    My current Wanted List

"There is a difference, and this is a difference, we might say, between prejudice and postjudice. Prejudice is making a judgment before you have looked at the facts. Postjudice is making a judgment afterwards. Prejudice is terrible, in the sense that you commit injustices and you make serious mistakes. Postjudice is not terrible. You can't be perfect of course; you may make mistakes also. But it is permissible to make a judgment after you have examined the evidence. In some circles it is even encouraged."
    - Carl Sagan, The Burden of Skepticism, Skeptical Enquirer, Vol. 12, pg. 46

Quote Originally Posted by TonK
    Well I thought the pic in your sig was Cocaine until I realized it was the tops of cabs

Frenzy Football Player

I don't see an jamma/mvs switch on either though...
    Also,
    how do I know if they are a fighting or driving board etc... I got them without games so I never knew..

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by FOMOCO&CO
    I don't see an jamma/mvs switch on either though...
    Also,
    how do I know if they are a fighting or driving board etc... I got them without games so I never knew..
    They are little dip style switches around the middle of the PCB on the bottom side of the board. As for being able to tell which version of the board it is you just have to plug in a game and see if it gives you an error about being the wrong type of board or not as far as I understand it. Most of the HNG64 boards are fighting boards though...so if thats what you want you have a VERY good chance of having one

Check my thread here to see what I am talking about with the switches.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/hyper-neo-geo-...ayphotohosting

It's a Rev 1 or 2? Is it possible to know based on those pics only?
    Quote Originally Posted by The last message from Our Beloved Prophet NeoGumby (ABRIDGED VERSION)
    my time is short but i can hold the boob dredd off for some time

enough to say remember djdd is a fool and an idiot who is everything this website is not

it will never be the sort to fall to idiots like him

people like you the believers and our B_U know the ability the strength there is out there a right way a good way to run things

i stand for the good i stand for the classic the good times here make it here how you can

Big Bang Pro Wrestler

No, the picture of the mobo is of the opposite side. You need to see the other side of the board to know what rev it is. Ask him to turn it around and take a photo of the side that has the jamma connector.
    Had happy dealings with: JMKurtz, billd420 (before you know, lol), racecar, neo alec, asianxcore, CheapNeoGeo, Xian Xi, Dracula AD 1972, SNKJorge, BoyProdigy, bamarquez226, Ralf501, NeoCverA, DegenerateSkate, loegan43, DevilRedeemed, eastbayarb, werejag, BIG BEAR, NEgO MANIAC & channelmaniac

Hardened Shock Trooper

Wow! That looks pretty Intense

Hey guys, just got a rev 2 board with 4 fighting games to put into my generic Jamma cab. Just confirming: all I have to do to get it running is to plug the jamma connector (which is now the only thing plugged into the MVS unit inside) and plug it into the HNG64, and voila?

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by streetwaves View Post
    Hey guys, just got a rev 2 board with 4 fighting games to put into my generic Jamma cab. Just confirming: all I have to do to get it running is to plug the jamma connector (which is now the only thing plugged into the MVS unit inside) and plug it into the HNG64, and voila?
    You also have to set the two switches on the bottom of the i/o board to JAMMA and Mono, respectively.

Super Sidekicks 2

Just got in my Rev 2 HNG board with a few games yesterday. I'm really impressed with the system itself (and it's weight!). I wonder what type of games we would have seen on this had it been more successful? Maybe 2D games would be similar to what we saw on Atomiswave such as KOFXI and NGBC. It's fun and a little sad to think about.

I felt like most of the games have that little...3D PSX era slowness to them in regards to input time and move execution. SS64:WR seemed to be the slowest of the games I got. I'm going to have to spend a bit more time with it before I say much more. FF:WA is about what I expected of FF in 3D. It moves a fairly quick pace and I enjoyed playing it for a while with my friend. The real surprise here was Buriki One. What a strange little fighter with an interesting control setup. It's my favorite game for the system by far. Over all I'm pretty happy with the system, but it's hard to not get a little sad about how everything turned out with SNK in general.

Out of curiosity what other 3D fighters were released in the era of the HNG64? If VF3 was released in 1996...then I guess everything about the HNG64 would have looked pretty dated around 1998. Also, if I have SS64:WR, is there any reason to track down the original game?

Timid Neo Newbie

I have a Super NEO 29 Type 2 cabinet with a Hyper 64 Board inside.
    Why do I get a blanc screen when I try to connect a MVS board??
    Anyone?

lord of the coffee shop. fatson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rklok View Post
    Anyone?
    Hey it's Mr RKlok, yaaaaayyy.
    You can try to ask it in tech support too. If you cannot post your own topics yet, lmk. Maybe I can pull a string here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Bobak View Post
    Could somebody in Belgium walk over to the fence and yell at Ratson to come back here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by rklok View Post
    Anyone?
    The 5v lines are wired differently from the psu when a rev 1 board is in there. For connecting other boards, you're supposed to remove the extra power connector from the rev 1 I/O header and disconnect the other end from the psu, then use the Y adapter to join its output with the 5v lines on the header next to it (the one that should already be connected to the other branch of the Y adapter). At that point the power will be wired like the super neo type 1 cabs. You still need to switch the audio connectors in the speaker section in order to get audio off the harness, though it will be mono.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by chris1 View Post
    Thank You whoever made it a Sticky..You Rock..

Added pics..

it's cool!

Thread Information