Can I turn VGA to RCA???

Bolt Dizel

n00b
I'm trying to run a MVS on a standard Television.Now, I know how to convert video from the Jamma into VGA (splicing,and soldering into a VGA plug),but how can I convert that signal into Video for a standard Rca input for my standard res Television?N e one?Thanks!

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
You would need something that converts 15 KHZ RGB to something the TV can use. A JROK would be something to use.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Bolt Dizel said:
I'm trying to run a MVS on a standard Television.Now, I know how to convert video from the Jamma into VGA (splicing,and soldering into a VGA plug),but how can I convert that signal into Video for a standard Rca input for my standard res Television?N e one?Thanks!

I think you didn't understand this right... You can't connect a regular arcade board to a VGA just "splicing,and soldering into a VGA plug", you need some device like the XRGB that converts the 15 khz RGB video to VGA.

If what you want is RCA (I would suggest s-video instead) you need a RGB to NTSC convertor like the JROK.

Bolt Dizel

n00b
well gentlemen,I'm looking up the info on all this conversion right now.Although I was previousely suggested S-Video,but I have no input at all.My monitor is a Standard res rca input (TV).But what I dont understand is what needs to be converted just to get video.I've got a wring diagram for a VGA plug and what goes where.RGB Sync and ground(from the pcb) is all I need,correct?Then whats the problem in just converting VGA into RCA Video with just an adapter.
Does anyone have a setup like mine?I dont own a cabinet but im planning on building a small (portable)portable version of one,and just want to connect it to a regular Television.What do you guys recommend for a budget of 50 bucks(its whats in my pocket now)?Thanks.

BTW that JROK page does not load...checking connection.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
The problem is that the low-res RGB output from a JAMMA board like MVS is 15 khz, while regular VGA monitors only accept 30 khz (or something like that). That's why you need an upscan convertor.

Bolt Dizel

n00b
Hey Amano,
I don't think you understand.I'm not trying to turn jamma to VGA,but simply trying to get a way to get jamma video on an rca(or composite video)television.Understand?I understand i need to convert Mhz but an Upscan converter allows me to play on vga,thats what I read.Although where i work,you can simply run jamma video into a vga monitor or any standard res monitor used in videogame machines,but they run for about 200-400 us dollars.
I mean ,am I better off bying a nice sized Television with S-video?will it have ok picture quality?what is the best type of video to get good picture quality on a monitor?
I do appreciate youre help,but i need more Q's answered,still researching.Thanks.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
there is no simple way of conversion. you need a circuit that converts R, G, B and synch into composite video. that can't be done by just hooking up synch + GND, since arcade boards simply don't output composite video.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Bolt Dizel said:
Ok,that i can understand.But,HOW do I get video to work then?

You buy a JROK and use it to convert the RGB over to composite.

Bolt Dizel

n00b
Gentlemen,Thank you all.I've solved my problem with JROKs part.I should of just listened to 300Wins in the first place.Now I can move onto the next step in my mini arcade jig.btw SNK is F'in sweet.