japanese translation

icez

Crossed Swords Squire
flipshot.gif

what does it mean ? (something like battle flipshot puzzle game i think ^^)

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
"akushion pazuru geimu"
jap spelling

action puzzle game

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Gotta love katakana..more often than not it spells out something in English ...like "Action Puzzle Game". Now if only they could fix the "Victoly" in Samurai Showdown....*roll*

kaos

yeah
actually katakana is used ONLY for foreigner words
especially english (and especially in their american meaning)

japanese wouldn't be so difficult if they had just alphabets(hiragana, katakana)
too bad they have chinese carachters also
this makes things fucked up
cause you gotta learn AT LEAST 2000 carachters to be able to read magazine/newspapers:(

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Yeah but thats where Furigana comes in. W/o it 1/2 the japanese wouldn't be able to read 1/3 of the Kanji out there.

kaos

Sundance said:
Yeah but thats where Furigana comes in. W/o it 1/2 the japanese wouldn't be able to read 1/3 of the Kanji out there.

hmmm
furigana is just used for kid's books and few magazines
or 90% of the times for videogame (I mean instructions, box, NOT the ingame menus)

but NEVER for newspapers, documents or other

thing is lotta times jaopanese too dont know some particular carachters, they just get the meaning from the context
whatta mess:loco:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
japanese kids have to master the 1995 (don t remember the exact number) kanjis after the 6 years of elementary school. you ll find furiganas depending on the target readers.

thing is lotta times jaopanese too dont know some particular carachters, they just get the meaning from the context

more often, when they don t know a word (conpound of kanjis) they can guess with the kanjis inside (but there are cases where some kanjis are just here for phonetics)... anyway i don t know any japanese who doesn t own a kanjis dictionary... really

kaos

yo Barf
how you doin' my friend?

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
yop~ fine except that my broken tooth is still not repaired and that this thread makes me want to go back to japan ^^;

how about you ?

Sundance

Sho's Rival
Thank God for Nelsons...I used mine almost to the point of wearing it out. Was a good exuse to get the new edition :drool_2: And to think that it was originally compiled by a Gaijin. Crazier things have happened. I miss Japan everyday..and i only spent 3 months there in 89'. It's def gotten a little too expensive since the economy crumbled though..and i thought it was expensive in 89'. Ugh :eek_2:

kaos

BarfHappy said:
yop~ fine except that my broken tooth is still not repaired and that this thread makes me want to go back to japan ^^;

how about you ?

fine..

spent a week-end insulting your compatriots
...heh..waste of time:D

btw
what happened to your tooth?
had a fight or something?

I hope you sent that muthafacka to the hospital

and keep up your good work
I just appreciate what you're doin'

lemme know of any news about it;)