A question....maybe EVEN 3 QUESTIONS!!!

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
First off this is my first* post on any message board online..EVER...but it was the intrigue of the hyper 64 that coerced me into becoming a member...but enough of that... I frankly don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to this arcade@home scene and I was wanting to know....

1. if got the entire hyper setup, would the peripherals (ie. super-gun, controllers etc.), remain plug and play for something like a Naomi 1/2 or st-v board or am I looking at screwing around with modifications....

2. does N E 1 have any screenshots/videos of kuroko in action in ss64...if you have seen him, what does he look like? the purple one from ss1 and 2, or the grey one from 3? what
weapon(s) does he use? and so on,

3. Generally speaking, how durable is the hyper 64 setup? will it burnout after 3 years like some NES cartridge? and suicide batteries....please tell me they don't have that sort of shit in em....that alone makes a solid case for emulation which in its own way opens the gates to hell and unleashes an army of leaches on an already suffering video game company.....blah, blah, blah...

Thanks in advance,
Xristo

*special note: the first post technically was in the neo4sale board by accident....what a Fukkup i is

slerch666

updyke,
Spoonman said:
First off this is my first* post on any message board online..EVER...but it was the intrigue of the hyper 64 that coerced me into becoming a member...but enough of that... I frankly don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to this arcade@home scene and I was wanting to know....

1. if got the entire hyper setup, would the peripherals (ie. super-gun, controllers etc.), remain plug and play for something like a Naomi 1/2 or st-v board or am I looking at screwing around with modifications....

2. does N E 1 have any screenshots/videos of kuroko in action in ss64...if you have seen him, what does he look like? the purple one from ss1 and 2, or the grey one from 3? what
weapon(s) does he use? and so on,

3. Generally speaking, how durable is the hyper 64 setup? will it burnout after 3 years like some NES cartridge? and suicide batteries....please tell me they don't have that sort of shit in em....that alone makes a solid case for emulation which in its own way opens the gates to hell and unleashes an army of leaches on an already suffering video game company.....blah, blah, blah...

Thanks in advance,
Xristo

*special note: the first post technically was in the neo4sale board by accident....what a Fukkup i is
1) A Super Gun would be able to play any low/medium resolution JAMMA compatible arcade boards. As long as it's JAMMA compatible you should be fine. Not sure about the specs on the Naomi.

2) Kuroku? I've never played him and I haven't seen any videos of him in action, but he is playable with a code I believe.

3) As with your NES carts, you ALWAYS have the possibility of it fucking up on you. It's the nature of electronics! With that said, these are electronics built for arcades and heavy use. They are pretty god damn durable.

Hope this helps at least a little.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
check my site for some existing clips of warriors rage in action on my supergun. i'll try to capture kuroko in action on sam64 and put it up on the site, might even get around to it tonight... see sig for link.

welcome aboard!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
SS64 Kuroko is basically just another version of Bust Hanzo, with a different character model. Still neat, though... unfortunately, he doesn't have his own voice samples. He recycles Hanzo's.

-Deuce

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
SS64 Kuroko is basically just another version of Bust Hanzo, with a different character model. Still neat, though... unfortunately, he doesn't have his own voice samples. He recycles Hanzo's.

-Deuce

Is there a code to be Kuroko on Warrior's Rage?? That would be awesome!!! :buttrock: :smirk:

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
No, Kuroko doesn't show up in Asura Zanmaden/Warrior's Rage at all.

-Deuce

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
hmmmmm....

it seems gairas link may be down if im not mistaken....

oh and another thing: when does kuroko actually come out to fight u in SS64?

btw, thnx 4 the help guys, this forum responds pretty quick.

DaemoN

Camel Slug
Just noticed messages from this Spoonman guy, and I wanted to clarify something.

He signs with videogameobsession.com on his sig, but this guy is NOT the real Spoonman.

I -host- videogameobsession.com on my server and I know the real spoonman, we've been friends for over 6 years.

Just thought I'd post this to clarify and so noone confuses this guy with the real spoon.