Korean Game Title

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Would like some help in translating the Korean title screen on this Semicom 96 funny fighting game.

semicom1.JPG

semicom2.JPG

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
I believe it says SD Fighters. The second character is hard to distinguish between an A sound and an I sound.
SD = super deformed, I think?

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I did a quick Google search, and this is what I came up with:

SDÆÄÀÌÅÍÁî ´ëÀü°ÝÅõ°ÔÀÓ-1996/11

I entered that into Babel Fish and got:

The (Super Deformed) green onion sprouts, electrification grapple game

Found a web-page for SEMiCOM too:

http://www.semicom.com/semicom/eng/Main.htm

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
tsukaesugi said:
I did a quick Google search, and this is what I came up with:

SDÆÄÀÌÅÍÁ￾E´￾E￾EÝÅõ°ÔÀÓ-1996/11

Hmm... for some reason the Korean characters aren't being displayed... Oh well, you can find a listing for the game, in Korean, here:

http://www.semicom.com/semicom/Prd.htm

It's on the left side of the page, around the middle. It's the listing for 1996/11.

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
Ah, yes. That's much clearer.
It says:
SD Fighters, Competition Grappling Game.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
they are tsukae, don t worry just switch your encoding to kankokugo(ŠØ￾‘Œê). the jidousentaku won t detect it in a japanese system that s all :) have to force it

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
LOL - the title is technically (in new South Korean government romanization), "SD Paiteojeu" (or SD P'ait'ôjû in McCune-Reischauer (with circumflex in place of breve))- this is a straight-forward transliteration of "Fighters."

So when you Babelfish it, it searches for specific morphemes that make sense in Korean, such as "pa" = wave, then it searches for "teo," "jeu," etc, rather than recognizing it as a transliteration.

gmw

Mai's Apprentice
CarlDMC said:
'Pa' = green onion sprouts, hehehe

Edit - for some reason I can't get my Korean to show up. I usually write in Korean using Mac OSX, but oh well, I romanized it.

If you try entering paiteojeu in Babelfish, you get all kinds of funny stuff. My favorite is "Wave Plan" - recognizes pa like mulkyeol, and teo as plan, like in "teoida" - more evidence that machine translation's got a bit of a way to go.

@tsuka - pa is Korean for Japanese "negi," hence the wacky translation.

Last edited:

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
looooooooooooool
￾™￾š”K￾š￾™

babelfish has already proven its power in the past ... especialy in asian languages :)