Lame/Gay KOF Characters

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i think someone in here loves japan guys

but anyway

benimaru, with that leopard print shirt is a fucking homo, plain and simple. sure hes a great character, but geyyy

choi is annoying.

i thought ash was a chick

shens gay, cmon pink jacket, no shirt, tight pants. thats a gay right there.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
not sonic said:
shens gay, cmon pink jacket, no shirt, tight pants. thats a gay right there.

Ever seen him in the actual game?

Hinako, Bao (He looks like a smurf), Choi, Xaingfei, what a waste of time- GO HOME LITTLE KIDS ITS PAST YOUR BEDTIME !!!!

umm choi is 36.

and why do you hate athena?

she's one of my favorite characters

MaidenMasher

Overtop Pathfinder
The sports team sucks , well at least Lucky and Brian Battler , BB sucks badly like the sport he practice...

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
first of all, i would like to say that, i do like them "ghey-ish" chars like Beni & Ash, they are cool imo :)
and i like Ash cuz he looks like a Visual Kei star, and he plays well too
and Benimaru is the classic KOF ghey, hehe :) (but i think its was Amakusa who was the original gender-bender SNK char). . .
i hate people who bases their decisions thru looks. . . some people jsut dont understand modern japanese fashion. . (ok, maybe late 90's)

now, i think the ghey one is Iori, cuz, he like follows kyo around. . . scary. lol

and for the lamest char, i think it would be Bao, cuz i just dont buy young cute boys. . . and prolly Maxima,. . . he's slow, big, and a bit uninspired. .

well, that's just me...

Last edited:

Gorlock

n00b
Jesus Christ Beni IS NOT GAY. In most of his intros towards girls, he is hitting on them.

He is vain, and possilby metrosexual.

Ash might be too.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Beni does flirt w/ girls before matches, so I'll give you that. Despite that, I really wish SNK would have taken the time to get more fans involved w/ voting and feedback to give characters from other series and those only used once or twice in the KOF series a shot at the 3-on-3 or 4-on-4. I'd imagine that folks would want to see any of the following the most................
Lucky
Bob
Duck
Eiji
Lee

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Bao I hate him with a passion
Ash is a flamer just like every other french man
The damn Orochi team
Maxima

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
in early KOFs, Benimaru looked sooooo gay that I feel ashmed to use him. but by KOF2000, he started to seem more "manly" (he smokes cigarittes!!!). in 2003, I think he looks little gayer than in his 2000 outfit, mainly for not covering the shoulders. regardless, he's a very dangerous character when it comes to gameplay.

Shen is not guy. just look at the way he throws these punches.

Choi acts like gays propably because he's trying to be funny as opposite to being scary (Freddy - sp?). still may be gay.

whenevr I see Doulon, I remember Mushiki. seriously :D.

Now for the "real" lame characters:

Malin: ++++extremely annoying design and personality. I can't stand it.

Hinako: she's becoming even more lame each year.

Bao: I hope he never returns, no matter how they may change his appearance.

Shnigo: he was good as a hidden, comical character in 98, but they should have really thrown him away by now. I hope he doesn't get any bigger roles in future (I mean, we Have both Kyo and Kusanagi)

and in a side note, I prefer the original FF Terry over the MotW one. too bad we won't see him again with the red leather jacket and hat.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
G-Product said:
The damn Orochi team

if by that, you mean Yashiro Chris and Shermie, then yes their design is pretty lame, but they have cool gameplay.

I like Maxima though.

and Geontiz is the only lame KOF boss (maybe Krizalid as well, but just for the stupid hair cut and uncovered shoulders).

Reality Check

World Hero
nothingxs said:
I've yet to understand what's up with the blatant homophobia and the hating on Ash.

Ash, Duolon and Shen Woo are, by far, some of the most interesting and original characters SNK has thrown at us in a while. I'm hoping to see more from them in due time. :9

Shen Woo original? He looks like a rip off of Tekken 4's Steve Fox

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
i'd like to add that i also think Goro himeself is a bit, not lame entierly, but.. lacking. . .
i wished the dev's could have improved his personality, he looks so plain. . but i guess the way he plays makes up for it. . . and i think 2k3 Goro has improved personality-wise

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
MaidenMasher said:
The sports team sucks , well at least Lucky and Brian Battler , BB sucks badly like the sport he practice...

seconded

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The only characters I dont like are Bao,Tzock,Seth,Ramon and Hikkano(sp?) I have no problem with any gay or boarderline gay looking characters. I actually always liked the way that some characters were a little out there. Its better that 40+ generic looking martial arts stereotypes.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Reality Check said:
Shen Woo original? He looks like a rip off of Tekken 4's Steve Fox

More like the Bloody Roar 3 look for Shen Long.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Personally, I don't think that any of the characters in KOF are actually "gay", but there are a few who have a bad design: (IMO)

1. Bao
2. Maxima
3. Clark

I have to comment on Clark. Now I don't hate the character, in fact I use him in most of my teams, but I think he looks kinda weird. Like if the T-800 Terminator and Havok from X-Men had a baby, it would be Clark. Especially the throw where he gets behind the other guy, pauses, and then drops them. Looks kind of "gay" to me.

firebomber

Astra Superstar
Why all the Maxima hate people? He's 100% badass. You simply cannot mess with those sideburns.

TerryBogard

Zero's Secretary
Lamest KOF characters eh?

-Bao
-Chang
-Choi
-Hinako
-Chin
-Seth
-Heavy D!
-Lucky
-Brian

It would do SNK good to kill off all these characters.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Man, I must be fuckin' stupid, since a lot of you pick characters that I love. K9999? Seth? Sports team? I love them. Okay, I HATE Brian Battler. Ugh, what a crappy character. But, and call me crazy on this one, I love Lucky and Heavy D! They're badass and very unique.

The ones I think suck are Choi and Chang. Jesus, what poor character design. I mean, wow. Hinako is also pathetic, along with Foxy.

K9999 is, in my opinion, one of the things I was most looking forward to when 2k1 came out. The first charater I played as when I got my cart was him, because he WAS Tetsuo. Let's face it: he was supposed to be Tetsuo, and you were playing as him from Akira when playing that game. We all knew it, and I loved it. The night before the game was to be UPS'd to my home I watched Akira just because of that. LOL.

Anyhow, there's a lot of crap chracters out there, and some are just too cool and/or unique to be thought of as "crap."

Spike

TerryBogard

Zero's Secretary
Some of you people are completely wrong when it comes to which characters look "gay".

You people must realize that the Japanese have a different stereotype for gays than we do.
In America, we view silly, effeminate men as gay.....but in Japan it is quite the opposite....the Japanese stereotype for gay men is a big, hairy, musclehead (think Zangief).

So, really, it's just a difference of culture.
Not that I support the gay movement, I most certainly don't, but please, lay off Benimaru. He's 100% hetero.

Ruko Hanaji

New Challenger
Okay, my two cents. I'll use small words for the homophobes.

Characters I find boring/unfun/etc to play:
K'
Maxima
Andy
Chizuru
Daimon

Characters I use that few others seem to like:
Lucky
Choi
Hinako
Bao

Characters I find gay/lesbian/bi who I don't mind or rather enjoy using:
Mature
Vice
Shermie
Foxy
Athena (Come on, look at the costume she's got "the president of her fanclub" wearing...)
Yashiro
Benimaru

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
whaaat?

i'm surprised more people don't appreciate the absurdity that is THE BATTLER.

LOL, i should put him in my av or sig or something, he needs some props around here.

BRIAN TORNADO!!!