Lame/Gay KOF Characters

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Tsukae: I want to play that game ! damien's throw looks awesome :)

i don t like Igniz, Vanessa, Choi, Ramon, Foxy and Lin... but i like hinako, she s so cute with her sumou poses :)

edit: yeah i forgot, gayest is benimaru to me... especialy in kof2k3 groaaaa~~~r Ž¨‚ðŠš‚ñ‚Å‚Ë￾`

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
BarfHappy said:
Tsukae: I want to play that game ! damien's throw looks awesome

It's an awesome game... incredible sprites, loose combo engine (think Matrimelee), and lots of funky taunts and special moves.

Too bad there's only five BG's and no funny soundtrack.

nothingxs

King's Dry Cleaner
I've yet to understand what's up with the blatant homophobia and the hating on Ash.

Ash, Duolon and Shen Woo are, by far, some of the most interesting and original characters SNK has thrown at us in a while. I'm hoping to see more from them in due time. :9

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
tsukaesugi said:
No way.

At least there was a tiny hint of character design going on...

a Japanese high school kid, a drunken kung-fu master, and a pop star.

No problem. I can get into that.

Look at Foxy.

What the hell is that supposed to be?!

Foxy's dope, so I don't kno what you're talkin about.

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
C'mon now...Bao isn't THAT bad. He's one of those characters, like choi, that can beat your ass before you know it.

Also, I don't know why nobody likes Athena or Maxima. They are two of my fave characters! Both have awesome,powerful moves and never seem cheap.

But, for real, I can't think of a single character I can call 'gay' or 'lame.' I think all the characters in KOF are awesome. Hell, its the originality that SNK puts into the character designs that made me a fan to begin with!

That's just my 2 cents...
:D

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
nothingxs said:
I've yet to understand what's up with the blatant homophobia and the hating on Ash.

Ash, Duolon and Shen Woo are, by far, some of the most interesting and original characters SNK has thrown at us in a while. I'm hoping to see more from them in due time. :9

Yea Im a Big hater of them Characters now, But maybe once I play with them I will learn to tolerate them more - ....The series is finally taking change (thank god) and Im open and all for new ideas, The outer look (DESIGN) of Ash and his buddies was just too much of a jump for me - (except for Shen Woo he looks like A street thug from "FinalFight" or "Streets of Rage") I also I feel SNK/Playmore are taking steps away from the series leaving the original Idea of Uniting ESTABLISHED Quality Fighters from their other games for a brawl, theyve done so with MOTW- but its clearly not enough for some reason-

KING OF FIGHTERS with the inclusion of the "Different" Lamest/gay characters the ones that SNK/PLAYMORE puts in every year to PISS us off on purpose, the word "FIGHTER" - once thought by me to have something to do with practicing "martial arts combat of some sort " now seems like it can mean ANY FUCKERY - Santa's Elves , SideshowBOB, Pixies ,wizards ,goblins/HOBBITS or even Frickin MICKEY MOUSE throwing Disney-shaped projectiles. somthing to Deal with over the years I guess......
I think a few were expecting better from them in terms of selection.......maybe Next year?? lol lol.................oh well.:rolleyes: my Signature below Quoting Kyo95' says it all......

gato.gif

94_win_03.gif

Last edited:

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
So you basically accept only stupid muscular guys

cos they are TEH MEN

oh well..

why don't you just play mortal kombat:D?

P.S. ASH OWNS EVERY OTHER KOF CHAR(besides K' ;) )

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ilovejapangirls said:

Nah man, you dont have to be a stupid muscular guy to be a good fighter- King is a good example of that - she clearly has Martial art capabilities to stand up to any of the male opponents-
Hey if there is any sign of where the series is Goin - NEO GEO LAND just closed down in Japan- even in arcades in heavy populated "Chinatown" King of Fighters" Dosent attract the crowds like it has before- maybe it would be better for Ash and his boys and the rest of the Kof gang to be animated on new hardware- and bring some of the old snk faithful back..........
Ever since 1992 SF2Blanka/dhalsim, there was and always will be different types of them kinda characters to satisfy the small percentage of people who enjoy using characters like them- Variety- A fightin game full of muscleguys would be borin:D right?

kingoffightersfinal5.jpg

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Ilovejapangirls said:

cos they are TEH MEN

oh well..

why don't you just play mortal kombat:D?

P.S. ASH OWNS EVERY OTHER KOF CHAR(besides K' ;) )

and you are probably one of those bishounen playing hentai watching "kawaii-cute" character user players, eh?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Ilovejapangirls said:
anyway atrophyed we were talking about look and personality

and in 98 i prefer my team of Daimon-Clark-Iori;)

Ok then !

If it's just because of the look, I'd say Benimaru/Choi/Bao/Ramon

Those are incredibly disgusting. Benimaru could have been cool to me but, he has a terrible standing pose... Too much feminist for a male chara !:cool:

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
You re wrong Spinmaster

i play Daimon and i play Clark A LOT(i like these type of chara too)

but i like feminine guys

because they are fucking cool^^

they can kick ass AND look good

i just hate the boring guys like heavy D! or brian battler

like wow

you re big,you re a boxer,you re ugly as hell

ooook

i mean,what's cool in that?

NUMBAH ONE!

oooooh yeah

i m still trying to figure out why they excluded boss team from 98,or Eiji

for those three stupid guys

man,talk about wasting space

For Gunstar:i agree with you on the king thing though.good point^^

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Ilovejapangirls said:
i m still trying to figure out why they excluded boss team from 98,or Eiji

for those three stupid guys

man,talk about wasting space

Hmm... Maybe because Rugal's the the boss.

Krauser/Geese on a Rugal's world ? Don't think so !

Some say that Rugal is a misc of Krauser and Geese ( Repukkens... )

DoNuT kInG

Quiz Detective
fuck you peoples earlier in the thread dissing Benimaru

I trash so many people bigtime when using Benimaru especially those people that say look someone chose the gay guy

He aint gay, he's just watched a little too much
queer eye for the straight guy

Lots of people wear tight pants. only his tops and his time over poses seem metrosexual (NOT GAY!)

We all know he loves girls.

People that seem gay/pointless/lame in KOF are
*Foxy
*Bao
*Chris
*Hinako
*Xangfei

ShikiMikoto

Mature's Make-up Artist
Atrophyed said:
Brian Battler rocks.

You can pull off some really nice combos from him.
Lucky Glaubber is also a deadly chara in KOF98.

I can't tell the same as above for Heavy D! , he's just a damn ugly Boxing comboer.

Wow, we're opposites there...I think Brian and Lucky are the WORST characters in '98, as well as usels and cheesy. Brian is terrible! How the hell can you say he rocks...his combos suck too...

Heavy D! isn't too bad, but he's still on that crappy team.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
ShikiMikoto said:
Wow, we're opposites there...I think Brian and Lucky are the WORST characters in '98, as well as usels and cheesy. Brian is terrible! How the hell can you say he rocks...his combos suck too...

Heavy D! isn't too bad, but he's still on that crappy team.

I play fairly well against the cpu with Brian Battler. His 5~7 Rush combo's are satisfiyng enough to take up a lot of damage from any opponent. I like charas taht you can string very well their SDM over a simple combo.

@Ilovejapangirls :

Hey man! look at your earlier posts!! You said they wasted space with the sports team... and there was no Boss team.

Boss team : Geese / Krauser / Mr. "pimp" Big. This was the Boss team. Thus, they are ALWAYS the last team you fight before you face Kagura or Goenitz.

How 'bout we call Kagura like the "appetitizer" ( like Saisyu in 95 ) and Goenitz "Final Boss" ? :)

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Team USA is may look all whack but they're one of the most damaging teams. :lol:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Bishonen charas are always best. GO ASH.

I don't see any King of Fighters character as REALLY "lame", but I hate typical big-muscular charas... I agree pretty much with Ilovejapangirls in most things.

GunstarHeroblack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yes the characters of KOF like or hate them- lately its been the latter, Its all about having the correct variety /balance, and we are all entitled to our own opinions.

Strong muscle guys/ bishonen, pixies etc......All fighters of one type would be boring. A good Variety is nice...... Unfortunately the Sports team not much people liked them at all, (unlike myself I liked using them from time to time) Heavy D would be the Only one Id keep as a Valued fighter- as a Boxer hes Quality.Him and (Boxer) Vanesssa- she was cute too.....I wish they were both back....

Looking at a Character design perspective-

LUCKY - Lame design......he had damaging combos in 98, but carrying out attacks with a basketball is terrible....never really got into using him- and his Galford voice annoyed me.- a tall individual like him should have been in another form of fighting.....(kickboxing.....Joe Higashi needed a "rival" muay thai kick boxer, like the sense of Adon/Sagat SFAlpha).

BRIAN- also quite powerful in 98, just using Power attacks from football? = LAME design.....If hes a Musclehead Linebacker Tackling from football He should have been much more of a Grappler or something (Olympic wrestler??)...... that sholderpad has gotta go...

CHIN- I liked that guy- people didnt care about him either but man- Drunken Kung fu. I only used him as a joke, when I got tired with the other characters- but like Bao and Choi, hes one of them characters that one uses to piss other people off.

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
lame:

xiangief
hinako
chin

Daimon rules, a good alaternative for ralf, clark

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I personally think Ramon is a lame/gay character mainly because of the way he runs and that gay stance of his. Powerful character, just gay looking.