Yet another NeoGeo Development page

Hello,

I opened today my website about NeoGeo and GBA development. You can visit the page at http://www.pa-pa-panic.net

The page is far away from finished and the webdesign is made in the last two days :)

Currently there are some informations about my two major NeoGeo projects called Neo-Geo SPEX (documentation) and devkitNG a SDK which contains a lot of programming tools like C compiler, advanced debugging capabilities and even a C library.

Just check the topics on the project page to get some more detailed informations about them. There you can find some screenshots and a Neo-Geo SPEX teaser.

I also uploaded an old tutorial I wrote some time ago.

Furthermore I am working on a port of Metal Slug for the GBA. But I have no space to upload a teaser movie I made some time ago. Keep in mind that it can really take a lot of time till it is finished.

Enjoy!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Nice, keep up the good work. It appears we are finally seeing the age of Neo Homebrew. With Jeff and your site, I bet we can expect some very nice stuff in the future...

-Nick

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Great news... This is a very good start to tne new year.

Jeff

I really hope that finally some movement in the NeoGeo Developer scene will occur.

By the way a mailing list and/or forum about NeoGeo development would be nice.

Could someone organize it?

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I have unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth. If you would like to discuss its use, please IM me on AIM. My name is ModifiedGothBoy. I would discuss it here, but the PM system is too slow for a conversation.

-Kris

Thanks Kris for your offer, but actually I don't want to get involved with setting up a forum or mailing list. I just wanted to use such a platform :)

I think the opening of a special development forum should be openly discussed, otherwise it is more likely that there is more than one forum popping up with few people than one forum with many interested developers.

Jeff, are you already planning something like that?

I am comming from the GBA developer scene and there you have a big forum like http://forum.gbadev.org/ and a mailing list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gbadev/ NeoGeo development counterparts would be really nice :)

-Alex

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Well, personally I am unfamiliar with development, but I am studying to be a computer science major in school, and I am hoping to get into development (preferably designing). I think it would be really awesome if we could get N-G.com forum members together to make a large scale project.

I have always wanted to see my ideas come to life with music and a story, or something like that. What do you all think?

If nobody is interested in something like that, are there any other links you could give me for resources?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Yes, I'm planning on adding forums. I'm going to look at a package today to see if it works at my hosting service.

Jeff

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I've added the forums section:

http://forums.neobitz.com

I've got more work to do on it but at least people can start creating user accounts.

Moderators and suggestions are more than welcome to make it a successful neo dev forum.

Jeff

I have put a small Metal Slug GBA movie online. I hope the download work because I never set up bittorrent until now :)

Btw, the movie is made a long time ago (more than a half year)

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
Re: hello alex a question about...

No, the links I posted are just the tools which I have modified to create NeoGeo code and to debug the programs. It will take a bit before I will offer the complete devkitNG for download. Furthermore I am working on a Linux box, so currently I haven't tried to compile the stuff on Windows. As far as I know there is something from cygnous which emulates Unix calls on windows. But I have never tested it.

Last edited: