Which series do you prefer?

• SNK vs CAPCOM

Votes: 106 58.2%
  • CAPCOM vs SNK

Votes: 76 41.8%

• Total voters

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
Ok, so here it is, let the fight commence!

CvS may include any of the series, im talking in general, which do you like to play more?

Also, if you could, id like to hear what led you to finally make your final choice- thanks for your vote!:)

Last edited:

Freakit

Host for Orochi
gee i wonder who's going to win.. considering this is a Neo Geo fanboy forum. :rolleyes:

:loco:

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
Freakit said:
gee i wonder who's going to win.. considering this is a Neo Geo fanboy forum. :rolleyes:

:loco:

i think capcom will win to be honest...its an exciting poll...seriously..it can be settled lol..

p.s. why are you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at me? :angry: :angry:

S

Shuyin

Personally, I'm a huge NEO fan, and I love everything that SNK has been afilliated with period. SVC is really fun to play, but I have more fun on CvS2 because of the 3 on 3 matches. When SVC Chaos first came out I was all over it and plugged scores of quarters into that machine, but I always went home later in the day to play CvS2. Friends of mine who don't know a slick of difference between Capcom and/or SNK thought that I was crazy going to play SVC at the arcades when I had a game that they thought was much better looking (eye candy) and fun. I love SVC Chaos to death, but I think overall replayability and features will have me siding with CvS2 (blasphemy).:shame:

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
gameplay goes to cvs2, everything else (music, bgs, story, etc.) goes to svc.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Not really a fair question, because the SVC series only has one installment so far...

I enjoy playing SVC more so that's what I voted for... technically, however, CVS1&2 seem to be the better games.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
You guys wouldn't know a stinking pile of shit if it was thrown on you...

K_Dash

Zero's Tailor
Well, if we are going to talk about any of these crossover series, then I would have to say that SvC: Match of the Millinium is at the top. No other fighting game can touch it.

For gameplay, I would say CvS2 with SvC:Chaos in second. For overall presentation, I would say Chaos and then CvS2 in second.

My vote goes to the SvC series.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
CvS2 in every department. I just recently had a nice surround sound system installed on my home setup, and the music in CvS2 in seriously kicking my ass. There's some serious thumps going on in that game that I wasn't aware of. I always thought the music sucked, but after hearing it through my system I fucking love it. Especially the orange stage (looks like a Japanese festival).. wow, serious thumps.

Gameplay - It just fucking owns SvC. Anybody who says otherwise is just a stupid fanboy or a person with horrible tastes (or both).

Stages - SvC has some pretty drab stages, with maybe 4 total that are cool. CvS2 has some fucking sweet stages, and maybe one or two bad ones. Shin Gouki/God Rugal's stage just owns any other stage from any other fighter for free.

Now all that isn't to say that SvC sucks - I have a lot of fun with it, but it pales in comparison to CvS2.

buster_broon

The Rock,
most of the guys who have posted basically mentioned that cvs reigns supreme

but the poll states that svc is better - thus far - what a load of poo

svc is a pretty poor game by anyones standards - whereas the cvs series are very good fighters

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
buster_broon said:
svc is a pretty poor game by anyones standards - whereas the cvs serious are very good fighters

You've gotta remember what site you're on. Most of the people here don't play their fighters, and if they do, it's an even slimmer chance that it's seriously. Most of the votes are going because that nice homecart looks good on the shelf, whereas you have a ps2 case on the shelf that looks nowhere near as good.

Start talking gameplay and notice the same 5 people show up out of a site with at least 100-200 active members.

buster_broon

The Rock,
SonGohan said:
You've gotta remember what site you're on. Most of the people here don't play their fighters, and if they do, it's an even slimmer chance that it's seriously. Most of the votes are going because that nice homecart looks good on the shelf, whereas you have a ps2 case on the shelf that looks nowhere near as good.

Start talking gameplay and notice the same 5 people show up out of a site with at least 100-200 active members.

again true

the cart does look nice but i again stress if this game was released on the ps2 exactly as it is on the neo (i know its better on ps2) and they stuck a price tag for £200 on it - would i buy it, would i feck

totally let down by the game to be honest especially all the hype that surrounded it - ROTD is a much better fighter

lets just hope Slug 5 is decent or after kof 2003 i reckon i will be sacking my neo games buying for the ports they produce for the next gen systems

:eek: buster commits a travesty again teh NG :eek:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
You do nothing but speak the truth buster. Granted that can get some serious flames around here (especially because it's true), but it needs to be said.

CvS2 pwnz for free.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
CvS2 in every department. I just recently had a nice surround sound system installed on my home setup, and the music in CvS2 in seriously kicking my ass. There's some serious thumps going on in that game that I wasn't aware of. I always thought the music sucked, but after hearing it through my system I fucking love it. Especially the orange stage (looks like a Japanese festival).. wow, serious thumps.

Gameplay - It just fucking owns SvC. Anybody who says otherwise is just a stupid fanboy or a person with horrible tastes (or both).

Stages - SvC has some pretty drab stages, with maybe 4 total that are cool. CvS2 has some fucking sweet stages, and maybe one or two bad ones. Shin Gouki/God Rugal's stage just owns any other stage from any other fighter for free.

Now all that isn't to say that SvC sucks - I have a lot of fun with it, but it pales in comparison to CvS2.

Well... I picked SvC.

Why? Because I simply can't get into the CvS series.

I've tried over and over and over and over again to get into it, but the same thing happens every time during my sessions -- I stop. Think to myself and say "Why can't I get into this? And why do I keep trying to?"

I'll willingly admit that CvS is the better series, I'm not a rabid Neo Fanboy who can't see that CvS (especially CvS2) has a lot more to offer, and is the better of two in terms of quality, but at the end of the day, whether it's the better game or not doesn't matter; simply because I don't enjoy it.

Now SvC? Yeah, that I got into.

Whether it's hooking up with random people on Kaillera or popping my homecart into my Neo; now that I can play all day long.

Do I consider SvC a better game/series than CvS? Yeah, I do.

But for no other reason besides the personal enjoyment I get from it and not from CvS, despite my constant attempts to make my mind think otherwise.

JHendrix

Average Joe said:
Well... I picked SvC.

Why? Because I simply can't get into the CvS series.

I've tried over and over and over and over again to get into it, but the same thing happens every time during my sessions -- I stop. Think to myself and say "Why can't I get into this? And why do I keep trying to?"

I'll willingly admit that CvS is the better series, I'm not a rabid Neo Fanboy who can't see that CvS (especially CvS2) has a lot more to offer, and is the better of two in terms of quality, but at the end of the day, whether it's the better game or not doesn't matter; simply because I don't enjoy it.

Now SvC? Yeah, that I got into.

Whether it's hooking up with random people on Kaillera or popping my homecart into my Neo; now that I can play all day long.

Do I consider SvC a better game/series than CvS? Yeah, I do.

But for no other reason besides the personal enjoyment I get from it and not from CvS, despite my constant attempts to make my mind think otherwise.

Enjoyment of CvS2 corresponds directly to your level of competition. If you say had an XBox and CvS2 on Live you'd probably enjoy it more since you could play against me and the other insanely good people here.

After playing the game again recently (after spending a lot of time with SvC), it became so much more apparant to me why CvS2 is so much better.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'll echo the above statement. This game truly shines in high level 2p mode. When I first played CvS2 I thought it was cool for a week then I dropped it. Then I got XBL, and found an arcade with badass players and it hit me like a ton of bricks how awesome this game is.

JHendrix - Just wait, your time will come soon on XBL.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
JHendrix said:
Enjoyment of CvS2 corresponds directly to your level of competition. If you say had an XBox and CvS2 on Live you'd probably enjoy it more since you could play against me and the other insanely good people here.

After playing the game again recently (after spending a lot of time with SvC), it became so much more apparant to me why CvS2 is so much better.

I don't doubt that for a second.

Problem is that X-Box Live doesn't work with current DSL connection (I've tried a thousand different things...) and I'm not about to switch providers for the chance to play just one game, considering I can do the same thing with Kaillera, for free... and with playable games I know I love.

So as it stands now... CvS2 just ain't for me.

JHendrix

Gohan: Bring it.

Joe: WTF? What problems do you have? Are you using a router at all? It's probably your best bet, set that up to handle your PPPOE stuff and set all your computing equipment to DHCP and it'll work like a charm.

BTW, thanks for that PM, I really need to get in there and reply to a bunch of them but I don't have the time ATM.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
SVC Choas, definately for me.

Why?

Badass, dark atmosphere.

Pre-fight Dialogue.

Nothing looks forced in the game.

Contrary to what a lot of you think, I loved most of the sound effects in SVC.

And finally....combos, combos, COMBOS! SVC is so packed full of combos for each character that i never get tired of playing especially in Super Cancel mode. The Dash Cancels, and Super Cancels are 2 things that make this game one of the greatest fighters SNK has put out for me.

Yeah, theres owerpowered characters, but what game doesnt have them?

The CVS series was just about, jumping, sweeping and FB's like most capcom fighters, if not all. The combo system wasn't nearly as extensive as even a medicore SNK fighter. Regardless, Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2 are among my favorites.

Like I said, I like both the series, but SVC is definately the game that I enjoy and can relate to much much more, because of the presentation, atmosphere, and arresting, deep deep gameplay.

Can't wait for part 2!

JHendrix

I think the answer to this shows more than anything what you care about more in a fighting game.

Not that one opinion is more "right" than another, but it definitely shows what you care about more.

JHendrix

Violent Ryo said:
SVC Choas, definately for me.

Why?

Badass, dark atmosphere.

Pre-fight Dialogue.

Nothing looks forced in the game.

Contrary to what a lot of you think, I loved most of the sound effects in SVC.

And finally....combos, combos, COMBOS! SVC is so packed full of combos for each character that i never get tired of playing especially in Super Cancel mode. The Dash Cancels, and Super Cancels are 2 things that make this game one of the greatest fighters SNK has put out for me.

Yeah, theres owerpowered characters, but what game doesnt have them?

The CVS series was just about, jumping, sweeping and FB's like most capcom fighters, if not all. The combo system wasn't nearly as extensive as even a medicore SNK fighter. Regardless, Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2 are among my favorites.

Like I said, I like both the series, but SVC is definately the game that I enjoy and can relate to much much more, because of the presentation, atmosphere, and arresting, deep deep gameplay.

Can't wait for part 2!

SvC Cheese: Using overly offensive broken characters.

CvS2 Cheese: Turtling/Throwing.

At least in CvS2 you can get around that kind of stuff if you play smart enough.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
CvsS2 was definitely one of Capcom's surprise achievements. Sure, it still has some balance issues and overpowered characters(you still have Blanka and Sagat), but generally has better balance than SvC Chaos has right now. Though I have yet to face anything in SvC Chaos that I haven't been able to counter with some thought or practice. Then again, I haven't faced anyone that could do the Geese cheese, either, nor Mar People cheese, or Zero. I normally see people who pick them, and I hand them their butts with normal Mr. Karate. In fact, I got better competition from the Chun Li players.

SvC does have some kickin unusual characters, heck Tessa and Shiki are enough to make me like it. Tessa looked cool in the promos, and she plays even better. And, outside of Match of the Millenium, the only game in which people can code characters with moves of autoparry worth a damn. Capcom is nice, but they have absolutely no friggin clue how to do frames of parry in moves. Still, I like all much better than CvsS1.

Chaos seems so much like an answer to CvsS1 than it is for CvsS2. Wouldn't be surprised if they planned a sequel before it was even finished. I will give Chaos some credit, it has fun factor (and IMO, the best character movelists of the 3) and they do give some respect to English speakers in regards to character storyline(as did MOTM). Glad they didn't replace all the character-based dialogues with generic quotes like CvS did.

So, I'm kind of with the majority on this one (for non-pocket).
1. CvsS2
2. SvC: Chaos
3. CvsS1

Last edited: