News: Neo Homebrew Site Launch

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well, its a slow start, but I'm opening the doors to my site.

I have more work to do, plus I need to make the actual files available, which will happen ASAP, but I need to get the ball rolling...

Go take a look if you want:

http://www.neobitz.com

Jeff

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Whats with the big gray box on the right?

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Interesting. Nice work jeff.
God, I hope playmore doesnt see it;)
with thier new found paranoia and obsession with handing out lawsuits I feel is if I am going to have to pay a fee everytime i say neo geo or anything related to it.

whiterice

New Challenger
Very nice website. You need to hurry up and get that Poker game out in AES format so I can play:)

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
It's always amazing how Neo geo fans will foam at the mouth if it's about pirating code or artwork from their games, but as soon as it's not directly related to the Neo, it's ok with them. For your information: those icons you use on your site are copyrighted and not released for general free use. :oh_no:

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
MeanBeanMachine said:
It's always amazing how Neo geo fans will foam at the mouth if it's about pirating code or artwork from their games, but as soon as it's not directly related to the Neo, it's ok with them. For your information: those icons you use on your site are copyrighted and not released for general free use. :oh_no:

:rolleyes:

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
VanillaThunder said:

Well, to that eloquent remark I can just reply: if it doesn't matter I'm sure it won't be a big deal to use your own art instead of stealing that of others. :shame:

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
MeanBeanMachine said:

Where are these icons from then? answers.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
I can't wait to play Pac Man on the MVS!!!

http://www.neobitz.com/Pages/Games/NeoPac.aspx

I know you have your hands very busy with all those current Homebrew Games.......and this may get a little off topic but I have had this thought in my head ever since I saw that Neo Pac game last year:

How possible is it to create a Neo Geo Multi-Cart that plays games like Pac Man, Space Invaders, Galaga.....(classics).......on the Neo MVS System?

Shawn Kelly has made quite a few of them for the Atari 5200 with an onscreen menu:

http://home.xnet.com/~skelly/52multi.htm

I would love to see some games like those come to the Neo Geo System. I know I can just get one of those and play them on Atari but I'd like to see a different Neo Version of those Classics....like that Neo Pac game.

Well good luck with your work, any idea when something may be available for us to play at home?

Regards,
Robert

http://www.atarihq.com/5200/5200faq/02_08.html

Haha, that is really funny. I am was planning to release a website about NeoGeo developing, too. But because my site is not completly finished I delayed it all the time.

I ported the GCC to create object files for the NeoGeo. I made a MAME addition to let you source level debug your programs with GDB/DDD. Currently I am working on a programming documentation and a converter for FIX and Sprite data. The converter currently supports just 16 color data.

It was really a pain to figure out in what format the Sprite data is :)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Very nice Jeff.
Good luck to you and your new AWESOME web-site. :)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Why are you getting so bent over a couple icons? These icons were posted on the public site www.xicons.com, and possibly many other web sites and collections... It's not like I am packaging them and reselling them.

I'm not an artist, but everything on that page beside the icons are 100% mine. If someone wants to make a couple icons for me, then great. If not, oh well. I'll create some of my own when I get a chance.

I went to the site you referenced and didn't find squat. At least when you look at this link, the house icon doesn't appear to be of this Mr. Bull's.

http://www.xicons.com/category/18/index.html

Jeff

MeanBeanMachine said:
BeOS, IP holder Palm Inc. and Yellowtab. Artist is William Bull of memeticai.com

edit: .org, not .com

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The more help the better. Drop me a line and we can combine efforts.

Jeff

Pa-Pa-Panic!! said:
Haha, that is really funny. I am was planning to release a website about NeoGeo developing, too. But because my site is not completly finished I delayed it all the time.

I ported the GCC to create object files for the NeoGeo. I made a MAME addition to let you source level debug your programs with GDB/DDD. Currently I am working on a programming documentation and a converter for FIX and Sprite data. The converter currently supports just 16 color data.

It was really a pain to figure out in what format the Sprite data is :)

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
I hope you don't mention anything should I choose to talk about Neo Geo roms when they have been posted on some site and many others. :oh_no:

K hunter

Kula's Candy
JMKurtz said:
Well, its a slow start, but I'm opening the doors to my site.

I have more work to do, plus I need to make the actual files available, which will happen ASAP, but I need to get the ball rolling...

Go take a look if you want:

http://www.neobitz.com

Jeff

nice stuff. :buttrock: :