To my German friends - help me to translate!

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
==> This is no way a Neo related post. I need some infos and this is the only place I know I will get 'em. If the mods feel they need to delete it, well... just do it ;)

First off: I'm gonna buy a couple of turntables from a German shop (www.djservice.com). Will I have any trouble with the voltage (don't think so, anyway here in Italy we have 220v) or with some other issue?

Second problem: once I press the "order" button I need to choose between vorauskasse and nachnahme... Then it describes differences between them (I guess) and says:

Bei Vorauskasse erfolgt der Versand nach Zahlungseingang
innerhalb Deutschland und einem Bestellwert über EUR 50,- versenden wir portofrei. Bei Bestellungen unter EUR 50,- berechnen wir eine Versand/Handling Pauschale von EUR 4,-

Nachnahme - Zahlung bei Anlieferung durch GLS (nur Deutschalnd und Östereich) Bei Nachnahme liefern wir sofort per GLS -Express- aus.Bitte halten Sie in den nächsten Tagen Bargeld bereit

Last thing: what Lieferadresse (nur wenn abweichend von Rechnungsadresse): means?

Thanks A LOT to those who will help me :)

Hi,

You are not going to have any voltage problems so don't worry about that :)

You may need to change the plug or buy a cheap plug convertor - but I think Italy has the same plugs as Germany.

You are going to have to use the 'vorauskasse' option as the other option 'Nachnahme' only applies to Germany and Austria so you are out of luck :(

With 'vorauskasse' they will send the good after they receive payment and will charge an extra 4 Euro handling charge.

The Lieferadresse is your delivery address but it says you only need to enter this if it is different from your billing address.

Hope this helps - I am Irish but I am living on and off in Germany for work, so my translation should be OK.

Cheers,
TheIrishMan

Mokum

Real Time User Mokum,
Thanks a lot bro :buttrock: but don't think your job is over ;)

I processed the order and I got a confused email (:oh_no: ).

About shipping it says the following:

3. Versand durch GLS

Wir liefern mit GLS (german parcel). Lieferung per Nachnahme nur innerhalb Deutschlands und .sterich.
GLS liefert bis zu 4 mal an. Wenn Sie nicht angetroffen werden hinterlSsst der GLS Mitarbeiter eine Notiz.

Then I need to know if the 16% MwSt. German Tax is something applying to foreign customers too (do you by any chance know that?)

This is just information - nothing to really worry about.... :)

Anyway this mail is saying that they ship with German Parcel and they will attempt to deliver 4 times before giving up on you if no one is there to collect the package.

In case you have to leave the house on the day of arrival and the guy does arrive to deliver then he will leave a note telling you he has come but you were not there.

The 16% MwSt (VAT) is applicable to you as you live in Italy which is part of the EU. You have to pay this I'm afraid :(

HTH,

TheIrishMan

Fedor

New Challenger
TheIrishMan said:
Hope this helps - I am Irish but I am living on and off in Germany for work, so my translation should be OK.

Do you work in an Irish pub ?