svc is not that bad

5thlion5thlion

Bead Banger
as of matter of fact i love it ..for now at least. i just got it an its a great 2 player game the music is sweet too. sf characters done perfectly and as some posters stated the game does have a dark feel to it which rocks of course
the gameplay in cvs is faster though thats my only complaint.bring on the sequel:buttrock:

Yes, SvC is not bad at all, I've played some real shitters before and this one is well above average. I absolutely love the way the Capcom characters were drawn, they don't look out of place at all in this game. I've had the game since the home release and I still play it a couple hours every day, and its still fun for me.

I must suck though, I still haven't been able to fight Red Arremer or Athena:oh_no: ....but I know I've beaten the first 8 guys with no round losses a couple times with Ryu and Guile...oh well, keep trying I guess.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I enjoy the game a lot. I still can't get to Athena or Red Arremer for shit. I'm starting to get good with Violent Ken and Demitri, just one question. Does Demitri have his throw where you do the 360? Tips and Trips listed it, but it isn't on any of the movelists I've seen online. I think it's a fun game, it seems like a lot of people expected a lot from this game and maybe it isn't the best, but it's fun.

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
yeah this game is fun, no denying it. Im waiting for my jamma board to come, and was getting sick of so many people being harsh on it, it is a fun game....thanks for posting positive stuff!;)

....now someone will bomb this 'svc is shit'

whatever! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

twodeepuzzler

Geese's Thug
I'm loving it as well. Very solid fighter, imo. Haven't gotten to athena or red yet, but getting close. I like the challenge though.

Only problem, lv 8 difficulty doesn't seem as difficult as most KoF lv 8 games.

Lupin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This is the 3rd time I posted this. Gotta show people that SvC is not that bad(it's not bad at all), so here it goes:

I think the game is a keeper. I know, I know it's not a perfect game, but it really is a lot of fun. It's a great 1 player experience also, and a good time killer. It's sorta like the movie Kill Bill, you can't take it too seriously, and accept it for what it is, and you'll really fall in love w/ it(and have fun).

But if you are just gonna compare it to KoF98(or compare Kill Bill to Resevior Dogs) you are gonna be let down. So to fault the game cause it's not like KoF98, is like faulting Fatal Fury cause it's not Samurai Spirits.

I haven't been playing it lately, but thats cause I've been playing SS0 so much since it's release.

It's not really that bad(or bad at all), I think it just falls short of a lot of fighters. I do have fun w/ it, it's just not as addictive as SS0, MotW, etc. I like it.

(sorry to whoever is reading this for the 3rd time)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
yes,

it's one the finest brawlers on the neo

well done playmore !

Gai Daigoji

Cheng's Errand Boy
Why is Violent Ken hard for me to beat? What is his pattern? I'm not the greatest guy at fighters, but I really do love to play them. I end up being able to go through and beat most games, but I am very far from being a great fighter. And if there are any Shiki players around here, I wouldn't mind some quick tips. Thanks much.

Violent Ken, when far away, will throw a fireball, then teleport....or just teleport up to you. So just throw fireballs, fast then slow...he'll either run into the fast one, or jump and hit your slow one. If he slips by the fireball with a teleport, at least half the time he does a dragon punch...so you can nail him with a super special on his trip back to earth. If he traps you in the corner with teleports try and gaurd cancel out of it, or if he does a DP and you block just throw him out of your face.

The key for me is to keep him on the other side of the screen because he loves to do that stupid teleport, and he runs into shit all the time. With Dhalsim, you can just do Yoga Flame over and over and he'll keep running into it. Also with the meter you can add in a Yoga Inferno every once in awhile. Violent Ken is kinda stupid, he's just super fast. Now Shin Akuma on the other hand:blow_top:

Gai Daigoji

Cheng's Errand Boy
GunstarHero said:
Violent Ken, when far away, will throw a fireball, then teleport....or just teleport up to you. So just throw fireballs, fast then slow...he'll either run into the fast one, or jump and hit your slow one. If he slips by the fireball with a teleport, at least half the time he does a dragon punch...so you can nail him with a super special on his trip back to earth. If he traps you in the corner with teleports try and gaurd cancel out of it, or if he does a DP and you block just throw him out of your face.

The key for me is to keep him on the other side of the screen because he loves to do that stupid teleport, and he runs into shit all the time. With Dhalsim, you can just do Yoga Flame over and over and he'll keep running into it. Also with the meter you can add in a Yoga Inferno every once in awhile. Violent Ken is kinda stupid, he's just super fast. Now Shin Akuma on the other hand:blow_top:
I never really tried using Dhalsim before, except when I sorta messed around with his character on SF2. I probably have to do some major brushing up on him. I definitely want to look better the next time I go to the arcade.