Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 100,000 + 1 things you never new about neo

Be water, my friend.

X-Death is really John Barone incognito.

Amakusa's Fashion Consultant

Average JoeX-Death is really John Barone incognito.
    WRONG! guess again.
    When I figure out how to properly participate on the boards, I may be granted the ability to post again.

Be water, my friend.

X-death:
    Average JoeX-Death is really John Barone incognito.
    WRONG! guess again.
    Your sneaky attempts at covering your tracks may fool everyone else, but not me.

The truth is out there.

You will never guess my real name. oh_no
    When I figure out how to properly participate on the boards, I may be granted the ability to post again.

Be water, my friend.

X-death:
    You will never guess my real name. oh_no
    Corky Thatcher?

You want to know my real name?

Leona's Therapist<

The front loading Neo CD system is as big as an Xbox.

The explosions from the bombs the enemy planes drop in Nam '75 are the same explosions found in P.O.W.

The music in Level 4-2 in Eightman is ripped from Metallica's "Enter Sandman"

The music in the ending of P.O.W is ripped from Metallica's "Metal Militia" (I know its not AES but its still SNK)

Any of you ever notice that in Last Resort, Level 3, if you attack the hovering cream pie after the submarine by launching your ball at it, the sound it makes when it opens and closes sounds like a woman sexually moaning.

<small>[ March 18, 2003, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Electroman ]</small>

icon27.gif

The Russian writing on the wall at the end of level 5 translates to "Welcome Friends"

<small>[ March 28, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Electroman ]</small>

The Neo CD system was meant to replace the HCS as the main way to play Neo Geo at home in 1994/1995. SNK also announced that there would no longer be any ports to other systems, as an incentive to sell the Neo CD.

Unfortunately, the Neo CD didnt do as well as SNK expected it to (HC buying public outcry??), and Home carts were stil produced.

This is probably why no port of KOF 94 exists. By the time, they changed their gameplan, 95 was out and there was no need to produce a 94 port.
    Giving these peoples their airs since 2086.

live topic live!

Angry

If you put a product called

Professional Strength
    Goof Off
    The Ultimate Remover!

onto your MVS carts it will melt the plastic and you will throw a fit, and then start to cry.

This I discovered during a FIT of Rage playing AOF2, do NOT try at home...

Did you know thaqt you can tajke the cartridge out of the Neo Geo While it is on, and then put in another game while it is one, and it will just play that game? It does for me, just reloads it and doesn't fuck up.

R.I.P.,
    Dear Friend

Both pin 4 and pin 9 work for the D button. You can use any of them.
    <a href="http://www.sunflower.com/~clintrulesyou/hosted/obit.htm" target="_blank">Gone too soon.....gonna miss you Keith.</a>

1. Card Format
    2. Display Data Name
    3. Copy A Data
    4. Delete A Data
    5. File User's Name (essentially a name tag)
    6. End
    <a href="http://www.hardmvs.com" target="_blank">www.hardmvs.com</a>

Host for Orochi

This is more about SNK but here goes. It's from an old thread of mine.

SNK in the U.S. had its ups and downs, one of the most memorable downs being when the U.S. Neo Geo home cart Samurai Shodown was censored and the blood was altered. The media made a fairly big deal out of the situation. Chad tells the story from his perspective:

"Yes, the Samurai Shodown debacle…that was the most painful time in my career at SNK. I had worked through all of the bad times and taken all of my lumps because I believed in SNK. Finally, SNK had a product worthy of its price tag and I, personally, had loved this game from the very start. Like many things, I had not known that they had decided to "censor" the home version. In fact, I could not even dream that this could happen. When I received the Samurai Shodown and found out it had been censored, it was like a knife had been rammed into my back. My whole world went into a downward spiral because I loved games and we had finally had something great.

I remember immediately talking to the president, Marty Kitazawa, at the time about this fiasco to try to find out what happened and what they were thinking. The only thing he told me was, "Yes, the home version is censored." I had also asked him what we wanted to tell everyone the reason was that we had censored Samurai Shodown, and to that, I received no answer. I was to be a good PR guy and make something up. Many different reasons for the "censorship" came out of SNK America and none of them actually became SNK's official word on this situation. I do remember the Beast Busters excuse and that was widely used. [Beast Busters was a previous SNK game that came under fire for being too violent]

However, I later found out the truth for the censorship, and although this was never used as SNK's official word, this was the truth. SNK, like many companies, [was] facing many lawsuits at the time. They were paranoid about being sued because they could not afford it financially. SNK started putting epilepsy warnings in the cartridges because Nintendo lost a big lawsuit over a case. At this time, there was much negative publicity for violence in video games and it eventually went to congress. One of the Mortal Kombat [games] at the time was censored. SNK was worried about a lawsuit or future lawsuit and decided to play it safe, because it could not afford not to."
    Though the U.S. offices have been criticized at times for their business decisions, it is clear that some of this was unavoidable due to SNK of Japan's control and them dumping leftover product. In order to be more profitable in Japan, the company would force certain items on the U.S. office. The most well known example of this is the single speed CD systems that were sold from SNK of America even though a better, faster version of the system (the CDZ) was available in Japan. Still, outside factors were not the only negatives the U.S. offices had going for them. According to Chad, "The American divisions of SNK weren't exactly successful and from a business standpoint, it's easy to see why SNK Japan treated us like a broken arm."

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

Jay-dee-so-ni

icon18.gif

Another music related tidbit. Did anyone else notice that in Garou the chorus from Rock Howards stage is a complete ripoff from Robert Miles - Children?

Did you know that the original Genesis/MegaDrive model, came with AV Cables, that is compatible with any Neo Geo System, as well as the Master System's AV Cables?
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Formerly Punjab

Thumbs up

Damn, what an awesome, factoid-filled thread. Wish I had something better to add other than a BUMP.

Daisuke Jigen:
    Both pin 4 and pin 9 work for the D button. You can use any of them.
    This also saved some time when I was modding my Genny controllers into neo: This is a great and only set up I like (just imagine my shitty chart as being the six button on the genny arcade pad with neo representation):

CDD
    ABC

Works so well. My favourite controller to game on. Great for calling striker and doing CD attacks as all it takes is one well placed thumb placement. I love it.
    Giving these peoples their airs since 2086.

Loopz:
    Damn, what an awesome, factoid-filled thread. Wish I had something better to add other than a BUMP.
    jesus man, my thoughts exactly

Snaaaaaaake!

The apperance of Ryo Sakazaki in Fatal Fury Special marked the first ever Videogame Crossover between 2 series.
    Can you fly, bobby?

Angel's Love Slave

Most of the Neo MVS mobos are compatible with non-Neo cabs. For something like MV-2 and up, you don't have to add a select button. From what I've seen, it's wired to the 1P "A" button!

MV-4 can fit in a Capcom Mini-cute!
    Uh-oh! It's a 'generic' Neo-geo.com signature!!

NGPC (Hanshin Tigers ver.) #0686099 AES #245008 AW #[TBD]
    ---
    Prosecutedt to the full extent of the JAM.

1cc my ASS!

icon19.gif

if you play Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad in Japanese mode (if you don't own a Japanese system, changing the language to Japanese through the soft dips on an MVS will work too), it actually changes the button layout. the B button becomes jump and C button becomes special attack, just like it did on Shock Troopers 1 (except B was for rolling). Why the fuck did they change this for the rest of the world???

BBH's Waste of Bandwidth
    - now with The Super Spy!

R.I.P.,
    Dear Friend

You can rip a NEO CD game, delete the redbook audio tracks from the ISO, and replace them with your own tracks. Burn it, and you can have custom soundtracks on your NEO CDs.

Eat it, Xbox.
    <a href="http://www.sunflower.com/~clintrulesyou/hosted/obit.htm" target="_blank">Gone too soon.....gonna miss you Keith.</a>

1. Card Format
    2. Display Data Name
    3. Copy A Data
    4. Delete A Data
    5. File User's Name (essentially a name tag)
    6. End
    <a href="http://www.hardmvs.com" target="_blank">www.hardmvs.com</a>

SS2 only displays the moves you are doing (underneath your name) in jpn mode,

SS3 does the same I think

*goes to test*

Thread Information