100,000 + 1 things you never new about neo

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
If you are using one of the 9V Japanese Home Systems in the USA, the Atari Jaguar AC Adaptor makes a perfect substitution.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
in the dc version of last blade 2, it has an art gallery, and in it there are pics with The Last Soldier logo on em.

a famicom adaptor works great with jap neos in the us, so does a us genesis ac.

genesis 1 av cables work on a neogeo too. (they also work on a c64 for a b/w picture)

mog

Bead Banger
sonic1687:
in the dc version of last blade 2, it has an art gallery, and in it there are pics with The Last Soldier logo on em.

a famicom adaptor works great with jap neos in the us, so does a us genesis ac.

genesis 1 av cables work on a neogeo too. (they also work on a c64 for a b/w picture)
The Master System also uses the same AV jack.

buster_broon

The Rock,
did you know that 1 member here actually owns a Blue Neogeo aes system

so i guess that makes his system the rarest in all the known Galaxies

rock on buttrock buttrock buttrock

Samurai Shodown 3 title appears as Fighters Swords (or similar) on Korean language setting. Graphic looks completely different.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The average Japanese person has no idea what a 'Neo Geo' is.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime:
Viewpoint can be played with 2 simultaneous players with the help of debug bios.
Thats a great one, keep em coming guys, I might get off my fat ass and make a compendium of crap facts.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
ForeverSublime:
Viewpoint can be played with 2 simultaneous players with the help of debug bios.
Or a simple soft dip setting in the MVS version :)

-Nick

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Clear Paper:
Samurai Shodown 3 title appears as Fighters Swords (or similar) on Korean language setting. Graphic looks completely different.
Also a great fact! wow

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
In Breakers Revenge, at the character select screen, move both 1P and 2P joystick (for 1P it's anticlockwise, 2P it's clockwise) to unlock Bai-Hu.

The apostrophe in Ninja Master's refers to the kanji in the title which (roughly) translates translates to: "The Book of Ninja Skills Belonging to the Emporer"

In Blazing Star, you get different amounts of points for killing certain chains of enemies with different ships and their break shots.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
viewpoint has been the first fuckin' expensive neo home cart (at least in germany). it's been 600dm (about $300) compared to the 375dm to 400dm of the previous releases. there were special bulk offers (one home cart system plus one game of your choise), but you were never allowed to choose viewpoint. wink
must have been in '92 or '93, i only had my game boy and saved for a snes.

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
tsukaesugi:
I thought they should know most game companies and how to play most games too. but when I went on the cels section of yahoo japan I was offended to find that there was a rockman cel up and the owner didn't even know what series it was from. I mean come on you live in japan!

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
zorro:
tsukaesugi:
I thought they should know most game companies and how to play most games too. but when I went on the cels section of yahoo japan I was offended to find that there was a rockman cel up and the owner didn't even know what series it was from. I mean come on you live in japan!
That's a little stereotypical, don't you think?
Naturally assuming that the people from the country that produces the games should know everything about them.

I hope you don't feel this way towards people of other cultures as well... oh_no

And no, I'm not exactly PC either.

<small>[ February 03, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Cnidarian ]</small>

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Correct spelling for Neo-Geo actually is like 'ne-ow jee-ow' ('ne' si prononced as in never, and NOT as in 'new').

zorro

Galford's Poppy Trainer
you realise I was joking right? wink . I realised a few things ever since growing up and one is they are not all game lovers. not everyone loves games, and most of the people who love neo-geo can't afford it.<- That's another fact right there. My friend wanted to get into the pocket system cause all his broke ass plays is burnt dc games, but now I don't even think he'll be able to do that.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shito:
Correct spelling for Neo-Geo actually is like 'ne-ow jee-ow' ('ne' si prononced as in never, and NOT as in 'new').
nay-oh, jay-oh wink

but in the neocd special sthena says ni-oh ji-oh just like we all do.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
zorro:
you realise I was joking right? wink . I realised a few things ever since growing up and one is they are not all game lovers. not everyone loves games, and most of the people who love neo-geo can't afford it.<- That's another fact right there. My friend wanted to get into the pocket system cause all his broke ass plays is burnt dc games, but now I don't even think he'll be able to do that.
Oh, ok, "ha! ha! ha! so funny!" tickled

Sorry, its just a bit difficult for me to detect sarcasm from text unless its fairly obvious! :rolleyes:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
in the art of fighting 2 commercial I have it says neh-o geo at the start!

bump

This is by far one of the best threads to ever grace these fine boards.

Let me think hmmmmm a rather stupid tid bit, I beleive the Neo Geo is the only cartridge based system that if it starts glitching i.e. sound goes weird, graphics start looking odd in mid gameplay, you can slightly nudge the cartridge and fix the problem. Every other cartridge system will just crap out and freze.

Criterionradiohead wink

+++SLUG FLYER+++

Mickey's Coach
Did you know that in the street fighter series, players names are different in japan than in the states? Eg Balrog is bison or something like that, cant remember exactly...wheres the neo link?

Well, when, IF, SNK Vs Capcom comes out, will the names change based on type of aes system used? LOL thats an original thought! eek! :D wink

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Radiohead I'm glad you like the thread, I always try to think of good thread ideas (if I'm not spamming).

I might do a site with categories and stuff, hardware,software,misc.

I still cant think of any facts myself, but please keep them coming buttrock