Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 100,000 + 1 things you never new about neo

what about Salubi Spirits MVS.. eheh

there there factorama thread.. frown

Tech Support Moderator

icon34.gif

If you are using one of the 9V Japanese Home Systems in the USA, the Atari Jaguar AC Adaptor makes a perfect substitution.

in the dc version of last blade 2, it has an art gallery, and in it there are pics with The Last Soldier logo on em.

a famicom adaptor works great with jap neos in the us, so does a us genesis ac.

genesis 1 av cables work on a neogeo too. (they also work on a c64 for a b/w picture)
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

sonic1687:
    in the dc version of last blade 2, it has an art gallery, and in it there are pics with The Last Soldier logo on em.

a famicom adaptor works great with jap neos in the us, so does a us genesis ac.

genesis 1 av cables work on a neogeo too. (they also work on a c64 for a b/w picture)
    The Master System also uses the same AV jack.

The Rock
    admiral on deck of Hms Windjammers with his scurvy deck hand Matt semmell

icon15.gif

did you know that 1 member here actually owns a Blue Neogeo aes system

so i guess that makes his system the rarest in all the known Galaxies

rock on buttrock buttrock buttrock

Samurai Shodown 3 title appears as Fighters Swords (or similar) on Korean language setting. Graphic looks completely different.
    NeoGoaT
    "Someone should crate up all this spam and ship it to Ethiopia."

Stinky-Dinkins
    "That's just not true. I always go out of my way to let people know that the size of my genitalia is less than adequate. If you keep talking dirty you might get me to a point to where it would be rigid enough to clean out your ears like a fleshly little Q-Tip."

Viewpoint can be played with 2 simultaneous players with the help of debug bios.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

Holy shit, it's a ninja!

The average Japanese person has no idea what a 'Neo Geo' is.
    東北魂応援します!

ForeverSublime:
    Viewpoint can be played with 2 simultaneous players with the help of debug bios.
    Thats a great one, keep em coming guys, I might get off my fat ass and make a compendium of crap facts.

Mayor of Southtown

ForeverSublime:
    Or a simple soft dip setting in the MVS version

-Nick

Clear Paper:
    Samurai Shodown 3 title appears as Fighters Swords (or similar) on Korean language setting. Graphic looks completely different.
    Also a great fact! wow

In Breakers Revenge, at the character select screen, move both 1P and 2P joystick (for 1P it's anticlockwise, 2P it's clockwise) to unlock Bai-Hu.

The apostrophe in Ninja Master's refers to the kanji in the title which (roughly) translates translates to: "The Book of Ninja Skills Belonging to the Emporer"

In Blazing Star, you get different amounts of points for killing certain chains of enemies with different ships and their break shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

woahhh O_O

let me try, .. uhh.. hmmm

Die Gans

viewpoint has been the first fuckin' expensive neo home cart (at least in germany). it's been 600dm (about $300) compared to the 375dm to 400dm of the previous releases. there were special bulk offers (one home cart system plus one game of your choise), but you were never allowed to choose viewpoint. wink
    must have been in '92 or '93, i only had my game boy and saved for a snes.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Amano's Drinking Buddy

tsukaesugi:
    I thought they should know most game companies and how to play most games too. but when I went on the cels section of yahoo japan I was offended to find that there was a rockman cel up and the owner didn't even know what series it was from. I mean come on you live in japan!

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

icon19.gif

zorro:
    tsukaesugi:
    I thought they should know most game companies and how to play most games too. but when I went on the cels section of yahoo japan I was offended to find that there was a rockman cel up and the owner didn't even know what series it was from. I mean come on you live in japan!
    That's a little stereotypical, don't you think?
    Naturally assuming that the people from the country that produces the games should know everything about them.

I hope you don't feel this way towards people of other cultures as well... oh_no

And no, I'm not exactly PC either.

<small>[ February 03, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Cnidarian ]</small>

King of Typists

Correct spelling for Neo-Geo actually is like 'ne-ow jee-ow' ('ne' si prononced as in never, and NOT as in 'new').
    J'y gagne, dit le renard, ŕ cause de la couleur du blé...

Mais si elle l'aimait, elle n'était libre de rien.

凄いゲームを、連れて帰ろう。
    "NEO·GEO is the most important thing of unimportant things." - Fran

Amano's Drinking Buddy

icon24.gif

you realise I was joking right? wink . I realised a few things ever since growing up and one is they are not all game lovers. not everyone loves games, and most of the people who love neo-geo can't afford it.&lt;- That's another fact right there. My friend wanted to get into the pocket system cause all his broke ass plays is burnt dc games, but now I don't even think he'll be able to do that.

Shito:
    Correct spelling for Neo-Geo actually is like 'ne-ow jee-ow' ('ne' si prononced as in never, and NOT as in 'new').
    nay-oh, jay-oh wink

but in the neocd special sthena says ni-oh ji-oh just like we all do.
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

zorro:
    you realise I was joking right? wink . I realised a few things ever since growing up and one is they are not all game lovers. not everyone loves games, and most of the people who love neo-geo can't afford it.&lt;- That's another fact right there. My friend wanted to get into the pocket system cause all his broke ass plays is burnt dc games, but now I don't even think he'll be able to do that.
    Oh, ok, "ha! ha! ha! so funny!" tickled

Sorry, its just a bit difficult for me to detect sarcasm from text unless its fairly obvious!

in the art of fighting 2 commercial I have it says neh-o geo at the start!

bump

The Fox

Thumbs up

This is by far one of the best threads to ever grace these fine boards.

Let me think hmmmmm a rather stupid tid bit, I beleive the Neo Geo is the only cartridge based system that if it starts glitching i.e. sound goes weird, graphics start looking odd in mid gameplay, you can slightly nudge the cartridge and fix the problem. Every other cartridge system will just crap out and freze.

Criterionradiohead wink

Gozu "Twisted as Hell!" -Ain't It Cool News (Couldn't have said it any better)

Stuff I want:
    Sega Saturn - "This is Cool" clear smoke gray/blue edition Complete in box. Moded preferably.

Raiden's Valet

icon19.gif

Did you know that in the street fighter series, players names are different in japan than in the states? Eg Balrog is bison or something like that, cant remember exactly...wheres the neo link?

Well, when, IF, SNK Vs Capcom comes out, will the names change based on type of aes system used? LOL thats an original thought! eek! wink
    "THE BIGGEST BATTLE IN HISTORY BEGINS IN YOUR ROOM!" -Metal Slug 3

Think about this:

If it was 'chance' that an apple fits perfectly into the palm of your hand, is it by 'chance' that it grows on a tree at a height perfect for you to pick and by 'chance' your mouth is the perfect size for a bite?

Never plead ignorance.

'ALLAH HOO AKBUR'='GOD IS GREATEST'

Radiohead I'm glad you like the thread, I always try to think of good thread ideas (if I'm not spamming).

I might do a site with categories and stuff, hardware,software,misc.

I still cant think of any facts myself, but please keep them coming buttrock

Thread Information