Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 100,000 + 1 things you never new about neo

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by tomlee80 View Post
    The Neo Geo was prominently used in UK 90s TV show "Games Master". They regularly featured challenges with celebrities including Utah Saints and Gabrielle playing games like "King Of The Monsters". This was how many UK gamers were introduced to the Neo Geo as the console had never been offcially released over here!
    Yeah I remember also seeing the neogeo on gamesmaster in my early teens with Dominic Diamond & Patrick Moore, was on Channel 4 if I recall
    I remember seeing a world heroes contest on there too

Windjammers Wonder

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    Yeah I remember also seeing the neogeo on gamesmaster in my early teens with Dominic Diamond & Patrick Moore, was on Channel 4 if I recall
    I remember seeing a world heroes contest on there too
    Yeah I remember gamesmaster very well going up, I think it used to air on Tuesday's at 6:30pm if my memory serves me correctly.

Also the World Heroes contest comprised of Ulrika Jonsson and her nephew going head to head.

Cham Cham's Banana

I can remember the actual episode of games master where they featured the Neo Geo in the new tech section and here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXcNKRFC0FQ

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by YANDMAN View Post
    I can remember the actual episode of games master where they featured the Neo Geo in the new tech section and here it is:

Thanks for sharing that, I remember watching that in my teens brought back some memories, I specifically remember magician lord, as I played it in the arcade and so badly wanted a neo geo and the game at home. My parents at the time had the dosh to buy me the console, but the price of the games was just too much for them to stomach so I never got one

Cham Cham's Banana

yes for me too this was the first time i ever saw neo geo games running and these brief images of Magician lord were imprinted on my brain, I can remember being in a local arcade in about 93' and playing Knights of the round when i looked across to see the newly installed MVS with Magician lord running on it........Great times.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

woha, TV in the 90s was awesome...

Cham Cham's Banana

INDDED IT WAS.

Damn that takes me back!! Good ol' Dominic Diamond lol!

Only hardcore collectors own neo geo

Banned

...and PC-Engine with its holy grail Ginga Fukkei Densetsu Sapphire Only 1500 copies were printed and only sold for a couple of days at a fair. But beware there are some professionally homemade copies out there before you spend some 700+ bucks on that masterpiece. Got mine for 190 with the Ardade Card, life is sometimes really good to me, haha.
    Last edited by powerflower; 01-06-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powerflower View Post
    ...and PC-Engine with its holy grail Ginga Fukkei Densetsu Sapphire Only 1500 copies were printed and only sold for a couple of days at a fair. But beware there are some professionally homemade copies out there before you spend some 700+ bucks on that masterpiece. Got mine for 190 with the Ardade Card, life is sometimes really good to me, haha.
    And this has what to do with the Neo-Geo?

Crazed MVS Addict
    The lobby at SNK Torrance had a receptionist, a mini MVS with Blue Journey, and some framed posters on the wall. I forget the receptionist name, but she was Chad Okata girlfriend at the time. To the left was a staircase to the office upstairs and to the right was some cubicles and chads office at the end then the warehouse. Chad had a desk, bookcase, and a 29 or 27 inch Sony PVM with a Neogeo console hooked up, we never played it. Beyond his office was the warehouse, most of the space was MVS machines. There was a small caged area that had all the SNK merchandise. Tony , George, and the roller coaster guy were to the right of the MVS machines working on repairing consoles, carts, etc. I remember going there at the time when Viewpoint was sold out and George had a stack of them just sitting there. I thought I was the only one into the Neogeo whenever I was there. Chad handed me a plastic bag full of Memory cars one day maybe 30.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by buster_broon View Post
    did you know that 1 member here actually owns a Blue Neogeo aes system

so i guess that makes his system the rarest in all the known Galaxies

rock on buttrock buttrock buttrock
    For real? Any pics??!

Dodgeball Yakuza

I was checking to see if this mentioned in the forums through search, but couldn't find anything, so I'll mention it here. We all know SNKP is making money on Pachislot games, and it's no surprise that we have an Art of Fighting / Ryuko no Ken one here.

_1_~1.JPG

arima1406.jpg

ph18.jpg

sl0407.gif

Crazed MVS Addict
    Back in the early 90's you could have your controllers modified by one of the SNK techs. They made the sticks corner better for throwing fireballs and put a small toggle switch for auto fire on the A button.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

On any of the CD systems you can hold' UP+LEFT+B' at power on to access a test mode. Be careful as there is option to clear memory card in there.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

There was a 3rd party MP3 player planned for NGP. They stopped dev of it when NGP didnt do well in the US. They made a MP3 player for the GameBoy color though.

SNK also had an official music player planned as well.

Source
    http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/a...0516/e3_16.htm

H = Hot
    M = Macho
    G = Gay

The Neo Geo home system was originally intended to have a cartridge lock to prevent people from taking cartridges out with the power still on. This was never actually implemented in released consoles though, all that remains is some clues inside the console and on every cartridge. See this thread for pics.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...cartridge-lock

Cham Cham's Banana

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMachineGun View Post
    The Neo Geo home system was originally intended to have a cartridge lock to prevent people from taking cartridges out with the power still on. This was never actually implemented in released consoles though, all that remains is some clues inside the console and on every cartridge. See this thread for pics.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...cartridge-lock
    Perhaps its for the better, i'm concerned enough about insertion marks, a cartridge-lock would leave its marks or worse also in some way

Dodgeball Yakuza

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTurfMasta View Post
    There was a 3rd party MP3 player planned for NGP. They stopped dev of it when NGP didnt do well in the US. They made a MP3 player for the GameBoy color though.

Lol. This thing is cray cray. But I'd be way into it if I could mix my mp3s into the game audio.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Danm, the info is soooo deep on this thread.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

Not really Neo Geo related, but I came across this in an old SSC mag I had.

Its some SNK vending machine that engraves (your pic?) on keychains and other shit. I have never seen any pics of this in use before.

http://i.imgur.com/m11Evdm.jpg

Over Top Auto Mechanic

What's the platformer game at 0:40 seconds?

[figured it out: Blue's Journey]
    Last edited by aoiddr; 08-21-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Chang's Combo Meal #4

Quote Originally Posted by Naika View Post
    All of that bad-ass art, for a fucking Pachislot machine...

crying fucking shame.

War Room Troll

Quote Originally Posted by ni-ten View Post
    The team that did street fighter 1 for capcom migrated over to SNK after their work for capcom in 87 and created fatal fury 1 and art of fighting for them.

Piston Takashi and Finish Hiroshi(the producers) left SNK in 2000 to form Dimps,
    the co producers of Street Fighter IV. So after all this time they got to return to the
    fighting game series that they had started.

Its said that the team that did samurai shodown 1 consisted of ex SFII staffers. Furthermore many employees swapped
    between Capcom and SNK constantly.

Also i read that Last Blade 1 had been in development earlier than than samurai shodown. But Samurai Shodown had been given priority by SNK, probably cause they thought it had much more potential.

Video Systems, the makers of Sonic Wings series found a new home in psikyo(now X-Nauts) after videosystems closed its doors.

Every AES and the single Slot MVS boards have red power led's under the black plastic housing.

AES units below 90k(serial number) have a much better RGB picture by default.
    Interesting stuff

Thanks!

Thread Information