Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 476 to 489 of 489

Thread: 100,000 + 1 things you never new about neo

  1. #476
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    MissFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Your mum's basement in London

    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWunderful View Post
    I just sat here and read this entire thread straight, so much great info.
    I have also gone through the whole thread, some wonderful random info. Certainly feel a little more schooled.

    The only little fact that springs to mind is SNK changed the name of KOF 98 to KOF: Dream Match 99 when it was ported to Dreamcast. Have no idea why they did this as they also ported KOF 99 to Dreamcast.

  2. #477
    Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    FilthyRear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

    Posts
    6,663
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaith View Post
    I have also gone through the whole thread, some wonderful random info. Certainly feel a little more schooled.

    The only little fact that springs to mind is SNK changed the name of KOF 98 to KOF: Dream Match 99 when it was ported to Dreamcast. Have no idea why they did this as they also ported KOF 99 to Dreamcast.
    It was released as "King of Fighters: Evolution"

  3. #478
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    MissFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Your mum's basement in London

    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    It was released as "King of Fighters: Evolution"
    yes that was the title for 99, but they changed 98 to dream match 99 for some reason.

    kof comparison.jpg

  4. #479
    Host for Orochi
    suicidekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    1,279
    Probably because it was released in 1999 and noone wanted to play a game from last year? Just a wild guess, but oh well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

  5. #480
    Rasputin's Rose Gardener
    BlackaneseNiNjA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    サウスタウン

    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    Probably because it was released in 1999 and noone wanted to play a game from last year? Just a wild guess, but oh well.
    Agreed. Yet, oddly enough, KOF: Maximum Impact 2 was renamed to "King of Fighters 2006" when it was released in the states. It's interesting that they dropped the year in one instance, yet added it in another. Perhaps it's simply publisher preference/taste at the time of release in addition to how they think the market will react to the yearly aspect of the title.
    Last edited by BlackaneseNiNjA; 05-03-2017 at 03:21 PM.

    超えるべき奴がいる。

    北斗神拳は無敵だ。

  6. #481
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    MissFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Your mum's basement in London

    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    Probably because it was released in 1999 and noone wanted to play a game from last year? Just a wild guess, but oh well.
    That makes sense I guess, just one of those marketing ploys.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Agreed. Yet, oddly enough, KOF: Maximum Impact 2 was renamed to "King of Fighters 2006" when it was released in the states. It's interesting that they dropped the year in one instance, yet added it in another. Perhaps it's simply publisher preference/taste at the time of release in addition to how they think the market will react to the yearly aspect of the title.
    I bet they do blind name tests and marketing research before releasing games. Like they do with TV/Films and test audiences. You can imagine it, some dweeb with a clipboard asking spotty teens about their logo and name choices.

  7. #482
    Stakes Winner
    MrWunderful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    San Francisco, California

    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaith View Post
    That makes sense I guess, just one of those marketing ploys.



    I bet they do blind name tests and marketing research before releasing games. Like they do with TV/Films and test audiences. You can imagine it, some dweeb with a clipboard asking spotty teens about their logo and name choices.

    I personally have done them at EA

  8. #483
    . HempSmoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    California

    Posts
    10
    Why is samurai showdown so difficult to play...and does anyone get laid here

  9. #484
    Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    5,565
    Quote Originally Posted by HempSmoker View Post
    Why is samurai showdown so difficult to play...and does anyone get laid here
    Yeah, we typically pass your mom around to whoever is in a slump.
    >

  10. #485
    . HempSmoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    California

    Posts
    10
    My mother is an Alien from outer space, and there's nothing new about Neo Geo. Bif

  11. #486
    Dogg-Father
    Neodogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH

    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by HempSmoker View Post
    My mother is an Alien from outer space, and there's nothing new about Neo Geo. Bif
    It'll be funny when a mod changes your name to PoleSmoker to capture your true essence.
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

  12. #487
    Member Snakealpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    37
    I dont know if its already known, but here we go:

    Japanese PSx KOF 98 had 2 different covers: the "classic edition" with Kyo (open eyes) and the "extremely limited edition" with Kyo (closed eyes).

  13. #488
    New Challenger
    selfReg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NORCAL

    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakealpha View Post
    I dont know if its already known, but here we go:

    Japanese PSx KOF 98 had 2 different covers: the "classic edition" with Kyo (open eyes) and the "extremely limited edition" with Kyo (closed eyes).
    holy goddamn I need that.

  14. #489
    .
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    North Carolina

    Posts
    1
    Someone talked about the Greek of Neo Geo earlier in this post and that it was actually Greek not latin. So I dusted off my highschool Greek and turns out it would be Neos Ge which means New Earth or Neos means- New/Fresh/Young and Ge means earth and it's often changed/used as Geo in English. Pronouncing it in Greek it would sound like Nay-aus(think pronouncing Aus like in Aussie) -Jay(like the letter J but softer Ja sound that's almost a Y), which is kinda cool. The Greek letters are neos- vu, epsilon, omega, sigma and Ge - Gamma Eta.
    Last edited by shadowtek; 11-06-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •