Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 100,000 + 1 things you never new about neo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post 100,000 + 1 things you never knew about neo

Hi, yes I'm bored, add something you think someone might not know about the neogeo.

ok my go:

.. I cant think of any spock

your turn..
    Last edited by kernow; 02-25-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Bead Banger

You used to be able to purchase new Neo Geo carts at Babbages aka Gamestop

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Add to that list Macy's, The Wiz as well as Electronics Boutique (that's where I got my first Gold system at).

The flyers/magazines registered owners got from SNK USA had a more complete list on the back page.
    You never forget your first Neo...

Troller of Old Men
    When the electronics superstore "Incredible Universe" was going out of business they sold Neo Geo AES systems for 50$ brand new.

Currently Playing:
    Xak III - The Eternal Recurrence NEC PC Engine CD Rom English Version

NEST Puppet

I can't believe this thread is still going strong. Neo Turfmasters is still one of my favorite MVS titles. Can't afford the AES version. That said, if you select the long hitter Mandel, there are several short cuts to albatrosses and even hole in ones. One such adventure is the Island shot on the Austrailian course. By hitting a full hard shot at the (lowest point) highest trajectory, the ball will bounce off the island and roll across the green nearest the pin. Your next shot will be for Albatross.. Oh yeah, practice makes perfect. If done just right the graphics get really strange. This is kinda like an Easter Egg Neo style.

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan if it makes you happy. mmsadda's Avatar

In Pulstar, anyone ever notice how the default high scores are the chassis codes of Japanese cars?
    -R32 (Nissan Skyline R32)
    -Z32 (Nissan 300ZX Z32)
    -FD3 (Mazda RX7 FD3S)
    -JZA (Supra MkIII/IV JZA70/JZA80)
    -NSX (Honda/Acura NSX)
    -Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Coryoon View Post
    This guy [MmSadda] should have "real doll seller" written under his name
    ^do it.

Fighting Artist

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going strong. Neo Turfmasters is still one of my favorite MVS titles. Can't afford the AES version. That said, if you select the long hitter Mandel, there are several short cuts to albatrosses and even hole in ones. One such adventure is the Island shot on the Austrailian course. By hitting a full hard shot at the (lowest point) highest trajectory, the ball will bounce off the island and roll across the green nearest the pin. Your next shot will be for Albatross.. Oh yeah, practice makes perfect. If done just right the graphics get really strange. This is kinda like an Easter Egg Neo style.
    I've done the island bounce with others somewhat by accident. If hit about 100% and aim for the middle of the green (to the right of the hole) you can sometimes get a good bounce with the next skip being on the green. Cool stuff. Havne't really noticed a graphics change, although maybe I'm not doing it the same.

Hmm... On Turf Masters... is 458 yards the maximum drive (can it be that long)? I was playing around with the jukebox with it and got way up high and hit one that had this weird ding noise and they guy saying 458 yards followed by some celebratory sounding music..?
    Last edited by xiao_haozi; 03-29-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but that's a great one. I remember being able to purchase AES carts at Lionel Kiddie City, Toys R Us, and The Wiz, but never at Babbages. It doesn't surprise me though, since at one time Software Etc. actually sold Japanese Saturn games.

Slow Posting User Action

The team that did street fighter 1 for capcom migrated over to SNK after their work for capcom in 87 and created fatal fury 1 and art of fighting for them.

Piston Takashi and Finish Hiroshi(the producers) left SNK in 2000 to form Dimps,
    the co producers of Street Fighter IV. So after all this time they got to return to the
    fighting game series that they had started.

Its said that the team that did samurai shodown 1 consisted of ex SFII staffers. Furthermore many employees swapped
    between Capcom and SNK constantly.

Also i read that Last Blade 1 had been in development earlier than than samurai shodown. But Samurai Shodown had been given priority by SNK, probably cause they thought it had much more potential.

Video Systems, the makers of Sonic Wings series found a new home in psikyo(now X-Nauts) after videosystems closed its doors.

Every AES and the single Slot MVS boards have red power led's under the black plastic housing.

AES units below 90k(serial number) have a much better RGB picture by default.
    Last edited by ni-ten; 09-03-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Nice

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by ni-ten View Post
    The team that did street fighter 1 for capcom migrated over to SNK after their work for capcom in 87 and created fatal fury 1 and art of fighting for them.

Piston Takashi and Finish Hiroshi(the producers) left SNK in 2000 to form Dimps,
    the co producers of Street Fighter IV. So after all this time they got to return to the

Its said that the team that did samurai shodown 1 consisted of ex SFII staffers. Furthermore many employees swapped

Also i read that Last Blade 1 had been in development earlier than than samurai shodown. But Samurai Shodown had been given priority by SNK, probably cause they thought it had much more potential.

Video Systems, the makers of Sonic Wings series found a new home in psikyo(now X-Nauts) after videosystems closed its doors.

Every AES and the single Slot MVS boards have red power led's under the black plastic housing.

That's some very nice informations. thanks !

Actually older NGH units have wrong values for the video circuitry in disregard of the values recommended by sony at the video encoder datasheet, this results in a darker picture, snk fixed the mistake at the later units and so they have a much brighter picture.

The myth that the earlier units have better picture was caused by the latest and more common NGH revision the 3-6 which consists of half of the NGH systems ever made, it has a design problem at the video circuit that causes vertical lines when displaying RGB. It's easily fixed making it perform on par with board revision 3-5 which is the best stock unit as for RGB quality.

The original and inconclusive research done by nfg, he had no access to most of the systems revisions, made wrong assumptions and didn't knew how to fix the RGB video problem at the 3-6 unit which caused striping.
    http://nfggames.com/games/neorgb2/

MKL research on the matter, with access to all board revisions a conclusive explanation is offered, since the picture links are broken I'll post another link to the fix below.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpo...4&postcount=27

The 3-6 RGB fix link, half of the NGH owners have this board revision:
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax...=aesvideolines

edit: how to know your NGH revision number without opening the system:
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax...ow=aesrevision
    Last edited by metallizer; 11-05-2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: knowing your NGH revision number

Neo Bubble Buster

Thanks for the info, metallizer. I was avoiding the purchase a Neo Geo console due to the image quality issues I've read on nfg.

War Room Troll

Interesting stuff

Thanks!

Lazy SNK Employee

There are over 30 distinct variations of the classic Neo Geo intro jingle.
    Last edited by pmindemann; 10-09-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Pathetic Meat Sack, Doll Fucker and Collector of Junk Master Tasuke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorruptionDee View Post
    Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but that's a great one. I remember being able to purchase AES carts at Lionel Kiddie City, Toys R Us, and The Wiz, but never at Babbages. It doesn't surprise me though, since at one time Software Etc. actually sold Japanese Saturn games.

yeah, the local SOFTWARE, ETC. was where
    i got my JPN SEGA SATURN copy of THUNDER FORCE V.
    i remember also seeing several other SATURN imports,
    including a port of one of the METAL SLUGs.

did you know that the SATURN GAME SHARK cheat cartridge
    doubles as regional lockout override?
    just put it the RAM cart slot, select play game,
    and any JPN game will boot up without a hitch!

also, i remember getting my copy of the WORKING DESIGNS
    U.S. conversion of Magic Knight Rayearth at that same
    SOFTWARE ETC. for $50.00 new.
    it was the ONLY copy they had in stock, and the very last
    SATURN title to see U.S. release...
    "Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you" - Matthew 7

FUCKSTICK MODERATOR.
    Misanthrope

Chasing the Pfhor around L'howon with SPNKR in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Master Tasuke View Post
    yeah, the local SOFTWARE, ETC. was where
    i got my JPN SEGA SATURN copy of THUNDER FORCE V.
    i remember also seeing several other SATURN imports,
    including a port of one of the METAL SLUGs.

did you know that the SATURN GAME SHARK cheat cartridge
    doubles as regional lockout override?
    just put it the RAM cart slot, select play game,
    and any JPN game will boot up without a hitch!

also, i remember getting my copy of the WORKING DESIGNS
    U.S. conversion of Magic Knight Rayearth at that same
    SOFTWARE ETC. for $50.00 new.
    it was the ONLY copy they had in stock, and the very last
    SATURN title to see U.S. release...
    ..wow.. great NEO GEO stuff there...

Andy's Clothes Designer

The Neo Geo scene is home to more fucktards and scammers than anyone thought possible
    The greatest of all time: Fernado Carlos Redondo

My Play-Asia referral link.
    Great people I've dealt with that haven't left me feedback:
    SaturnFan, Proffesser, Rugal2000, SuperPang, elbarto, TheIrishMan, Duddyroar, japangamesnow, Dreamstationx, Dogtoy, Rising Tackle, D-Lite

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

Hell I use to work at EB ages ago. trade-ins were great
    Last edited by sandman686; 01-30-2010 at 05:19 PM.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Atari made extension cords for the Atari 5200 joysticks. These extension cords fit Neo-Geo AES joysticks. You just have to remove some of the plastic molding on the side that plugs into the console.

~Anselm~

lol people using this thread to get their postcount up

Neo Bubble Buster

probably mentioned or known but the MVS knows the last 8 games used in it. It keeps the information for financial reasons (arcade owners book keeping/ deciding which cart is more profitable to keep in).

If you just drop a NEO one slot into a Jamma cab with more than 3 buttons the D button doesn't work this is wired in a different way to other large button numbered boards/systems

Never knew these till i owned one and started reading the manual and playing around with it.

Quick Question my MVS has the choice of Spanish or English language so im guessing this makes it European? Ive noticed red blood in samurai showdown 3 so hopefully there wont be any censoring on other stuff.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    lol people using this thread to get their postcount up
    ...how ironic...

Just so I don't do the same thing; if you hold in A B C D on an AES controller number two, and hit the reset button, you will bring up a controller test screen. It's a binary check for every controller function. Great for a fast check of new controllers, extension cables, or to simply shut your friend up when he SWEARS you just beat him because his controller wasn't working right.

~Anselm~

Integrated

speaking of this, does anyone live in or around newport news va? when used to live there i remember a tv show every week were they had tournaments with this dude named the "controller" he was mad good at sf2 and they also showed neo shit and other consoles, i beleive it was a local shop that the show was filmed in, hmmmm

Bashful Neophyte

I am from Virginia Beach, Va. I am looking into this...get back with ya!!!

Thread Information