What do you think is the WORST handheld ever released?

What do you think is the WORST handheld game system?

• GameBoy/GameBoy Color

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • GameBoy Advance

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • GameGear

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • GP32 (GamePark)

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Tiger game.com

Votes: 218 45.8%
  • Atari Lynx (I/II)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • NGP/NGPC

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • NGage

Votes: 161 33.8%
  • Sega Nomad

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Turbo Express

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Virtual Boy

Votes: 49 10.3%
  • Wonderswan

Votes: 6 1.3%

• Total voters

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
My first console was a Game Gear when I was 13 years old, and I didn't have the money nor a TV for a regular console. I loved it to death. I sold it some years later when I already had a Megadrive.

I bought a NGPC for very cheap in 1999, and liked it quite a lot.

My first Gamebody was the GBA, and even though I liked it I think the screen sucked big time, it was almost impossible to see anything unless you had a damned focus aimed to it.

I bought a Nomad last year because I am a Sega fan, but I've never used it as a portable (actually I only use it to show at my friends when they come, here it is very rare).

My first ebay purchase was a game.com :tickled: in 2000, I saw there was going to be a Metal Gear Solid for it :lol: . And yes, it sucked big time (I voted for it :loco: ), the scroll was terrible. I sold it for what it costed me to a collector of all sort of videogame things.

The SP is just lovely, my favourite handheld hands down. Small, foldable, stylish, with rechargeable cell, lots of good games, with nice graphics, and the old GB/GBC titles... And I like how the screen is lit. Too bad I bought the GBA and now it collects dust... Why didn't them release the SP for the first time? Well, this way they sold me the same console twice...

About the n-Gage, if I see it for dirt cheap (not the friggin' 300€ it costs now) I might get it.

pistolguy

n00b
I had to give it to the game.com. I wanted one so bad, played a friends game and laughed to death. I have always liked portable gaming, bought a lynx within a week of its launch, and a game boy within a month of its launch. Also had a gba since sold and just got my ngpc and so far is my fav system of them all.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
I voted N-Gage. OK, Game.com sucked but at least it was affordable and they tried to get some games for it. N-Gage is just a blunder, no excuse for that tiny screen and stupid battery/cart placement.

I own many portables, and I just seem to gravitate to NGPC's games more. Sure my GBA SP has a great design and the lighted screen is sweet, but NGPC has the best controls ever and fighting games rock on it. Plus, something about SNK games always do it for me. Nintendo's style is kinda annoying to me, I just prefer the feel and ambience of SNk games more.

I would KILL to see a new Neo portable, with backward compatability to NGPC games. Just give it a lighted screen, and somewhat better graphics and sound (NGPC has really poor sound IMO), and get the same talented folks to who made all the awesome NGPC games to make new ones. Dreamin...

D

Devils Child

NGage has its design flaws, but it isn't so bad. For a gaming machine its decent, as a phone I dunno about that one. I voted that Tiger P.o.S... NGage is definately cooler than that. But alas... I had such high hopes for the NGage, and frankly it severely disappointed me. I actually bought one. Yeah laugh it up. I never talk on it though, score one for me.

biocat

Kula's Candy
Voted game.com

There's a few scattered votes for actual really good portables. I think some people have mistaken this as a poll for the BEST portable. Oh well.

I also feel strange about having the Virtual Boy there. I wouldn't really call it portable.
I mean, could you imagine someone whipping that thing out to play for a bit while there in some long or something?

phyrexiadamned

Mr. Big's Thug
ive delt with handhelds verry seldom in my life as a matter of fact i only have 2 my neo pocket and my gameboy advanced
i am on of the people that voted for the nomad and my reasons are well founded
1. the battery life sucked
and
2. i always wanted one but never found it
yes i know them arnt good reasons but thats my thaught process for ya

Curt

apostate
Although Game.com is shit

I really hate the NGage its such a lame piece of garbage... I hate it

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
Tough call between the N-Gage and Game.com but in the end I gotta go with N-Gage.

Oh, and who voted for NGPC as the worst handheld ever?:spock:

I voted for the Game.com. I think the guys at Tiger were on crack when they released it.

I think the guy that voted for NGPC was either confused, thinking it was best handheld ever or wanted to see everyone get pissed (WHO VOTED FOR NGPC OMG!)

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Phoenix Down said:

Oh, and who voted for NGPC as the worst handheld ever?:spock:

Whoever it is, he's my hero. I was wondering how it would take.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I'm sorry, at least the game.com had touch screen solitaire. That's more than than the N-Gage has to offer.

I mean, yeah, it was a crap system, but the solitaire was cool for the time and if you had one of the smaller "pocket" versions, it wasn't bad. Some even had an indiglo type backlight...or something like that, anyway.

And for those who bashed Game Gear, bite me. For the time it was great system. Having multiple battery packs was a good thing since the battery life did suck ass, but some of the Sonic games on there were the best.

Lynx was pretty sweet too, if you had the right games.

all in all, N-Gage can kiss my ass.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The best period is NGPC it has some of the best titles ever, the coolest joystick, battery last a long time, and is just pure prestige.

SNK is allways been the kind of thing you're proud to be part of as a fan.

Capcom is cool, but that's just it "Keep it mainstream it will Sale!"
SNK has broken barriers of originality, maybe not at the 1991 fighting clones, but once that was past history some of the best games were made.

I am a fighting fanatic, and I have a complaint, why in hell will the gba make fighting games that utilizes 4 buttons, it sucks horribly.

I know it will be awsome to play with 4 buttons, but shoulder buttons were not meant for fighting games, you know this man!

And the NGPC is just plain charismatic, with lots of personality, and the cool factor that is an SNK product.

I love SNK allways will no matter what NGCD and NG64 will not take me down I still love SNK, just think COOLER CHARACTERS, BETTER PLOT, AND A GREAT UNIVERSE THAT TIES IN TOGETHER!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh! by the way I voted N-Gage for been a completely otrageous expensive sack of crap!

Tiger.com was tentative, but at least it wasn't as expesive, and it had midgets in its commercials, still sucks though, but there's not enough room for 2 so N-Gage takes the Helm.

snesaes

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I remember when I actually wanted a Game.com before I got my computer because of the supposed internet hook-up that it had, when I didn't have a computer. I voted for N-Gage, but that's only because of the hour-long desire I once had for the Game.com

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I sincerely can't believe the NGPC got a vote on this pole.

Or the vote was pretty much sarcastic, or the person who did this surely have mental problems.

jocappy

Another Striker
I would separate the NGPC and the NGP.

I voted for the NGage. I am still wondering why the 4 people that own one purchased them ;)

Tecil

n00b
My first instinct was to vote for the game.com but after I thought about it I really do think the N-Gage is the worst.

The game.com has a couple of decent games on it. While the graphics are ass (I'd take one over a tiger LCD game anyday though) it still doesn't have the design flaw of a N-Gage.

The N-Gage is a good system in theory, but very poory executed. The #1 flaw is the whole taking the battery out to put a new game in. That is just really bad designing on Nokia's part.

Electronics Botique here in town stopped carrying the N-Gages right after Christmas as they had only sold about 15 of the systems total. They don't even carry the games for them anymore there.