What do you think is the WORST handheld ever released?

What do you think is the WORST handheld game system?

• GameBoy/GameBoy Color

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • GameBoy Advance

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • GameGear

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • GP32 (GamePark)

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Tiger game.com

Votes: 218 45.8%
  • Atari Lynx (I/II)

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • NGP/NGPC

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • NGage

Votes: 161 33.8%
  • Sega Nomad

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Turbo Express

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Virtual Boy

Votes: 49 10.3%
  • Wonderswan

Votes: 6 1.3%

• Total voters

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
But Broken, didn't you know that the Game Boy was outdated hardware yet the Game and Watch rivaled it in quality? Honest, objective facts!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He's probably colorblind. Can't tell white from black. XD

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
For people asking about the Wonderswan/Color, there are actually quite a few good games that are completely playable for non-English speakers. Problem is, some are really expensive. But you could still import a WSC and a handful of great games for dirt cheap on eBay.

Golden Axe, Rock Man and Forte: Challenger from the Future, Gunpey, Gunpey EX, Space Invaders, Judgement Silversword, Guilty Gear Petit, Guilty Gear Petit 2, Pocket Fighter, Rhyme Rider Kerorican, Makai-Mura (WS exclusive Ghosts n Goblins), Digimon Frontier: Battle Spirit, Digimon Tamers: Battle Spirit, Final Lap Special, Mr Driller, Klonoa: Moonlight Museum, Rockman EXE WS, SD Gundam: Operation UC, Tetris, Ultraman, One Piece: Swan Colosseum, Kinnikuman Nisei: Dream Tag Match, Beatmania, Buffers Evolution, Crazy Climber, Digimon Adventure: Anode and Cathode Tamer Veedramon Version, Fire Pro Wrestling, Puyo Puyo, Puzzle Bobble ... Not all of those are great, but I own them all and they're all playable without Japanese knowledge (as long as you don't mind missing out on story segments in some games).

If you dig the Wonderswan Color I recommend tracking down a SwanCrystal. The screen is way, way better. Comparable in quality to the NGPC's, maybe better.
Thanks for this post - very informative and I might just dive into the Wonderswan next. Are bootlegs an issue with JPN imports?

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
It can't be game.com, it has that Batman & Robin game with the rad "uh uh uh uh" sounds. :D

Crispin Boyer at EGM used to play that over the intercom.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Thanks for this post - very informative and I might just dive into the Wonderswan next. Are bootlegs an issue with JPN imports?
I've never heard of any Wonderswan bootlegs. They only sold like 3.5 million systems and it wasn't really seen as a premium device like the Neo Geo home systems were, so there's probably not a lot of money in making Wonderswan boots. You'd think that stuff like GBA, DS, GB, etc would be a more suitable investment for bootleggers.