Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Jeff can't have their moves...

BlackReppuKen said:
The that one guy

who said that if jeff

was back,he would have a

mixture of Terry/Andys's Movelist

How is that?

Didn't tung each jeff how to fight anyhow?

And andy was two young,Mai's people trained him during FF2 right?

unless your talking about if jeff didn't die?:help:

I agree, there would be no way that Jeff could have both Terry and Andy's moves, they were trained in completely different styles.
But it would still be cool to play as the father of the Bogard Boys! :D

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

buttasuperb said:
LOLOLOLOL indeed.

SS5 is the absolute best game in 4 years. This is fact.

OMFG NO STORY MODE WAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

With games like SS5 being released, I would hope they continue to release games of that quality, and improve on it.

SvC = my toilet a few hours after White Castle. Which I guess makes it a decent game at best. :spock:

SS5 > MotW

Yeah, all these people that talk big shit but haven't played it sicken me. SSV is fucking great, and it won't be leaving my machine for a while.... Better than MOTW? Hmmmm. Those are two mighty fine games, but I can say it's at least as good as MOTW for sure.

Spike

nemezisx

Cham Cham's Banana
Thats what i wanted to hear Spike ,someone who really plays their fighting games, thanks im getting mines Today.;)

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
nemezisx said:
Thats what i wanted to hear Spike ,someone who really plays their fighting games, thanks im getting mines Today.;)

Cool! Let's put it this way: I'd be very shocked if you didn't enjoy it. Have fun.

Spike

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
Jesus, when a sequel comes along, and is 95% recycled from the previous games in the series, it's a fucking problem.

Fucking Sam Sho fans are the biggest fanboys ever.

The fact of the matter is: Playmore should fucking quit. I can't even begin to imagine how bad a MOTW sequel would turn out. Or a Last blade sequel.

I seriously don't want them to try. They can't come close to being as good or better than the originals.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
dragonwillow said:

best.post.evar.

now get your useless spam the fuck out

anyway, I didn't know people thought that deeply about Jeff.

I merely suggested it would be nice to have a FF before all the other FF took place.

I know someone said this in an other thread, but I think most of these games adhere to comic book rules, so they exist at all times with no regard to continuity or strict story constituents.

btw, a younger Jubei could mean just 10 years younger, I mean if there were a story with Jeff, Jubei wouldn't be in his 30s or 40s I don't think.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
the roker said:
I merely suggested it would be nice to have a FF before all the other FF took place.

I know someone said this in an other thread, but I think most of these games adhere to comic book rules, so they exist at all times with no regard to continuity or strict story constituents.

btw, a younger Jubei could mean just 10 years younger, I mean if there were a story with Jeff, Jubei wouldn't be in his 30s or 40s I don't think.

I made a post about two years ago saying that a "kof 81" or something would be cool as hell. You could have a younger Takuma, Jeff Bogard, Geese Howard, Tung Fu Ru. Of course, add a shit load of new guys. I would DIE to play as Jeff Bogard....

Spike

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
I made a post about two years ago saying that a "kof 81" or something would be cool as hell. You could have a younger Takuma, Jeff Bogard, Geese Howard, Tung Fu Ru. Of course, add a shit load of new guys. I would DIE to play as Jeff Bogard....

Spike

Damn, that's an even better idea

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
jeff_mangum said:
Jesus, when a sequel comes along, and is 95% recycled from the previous games in the series, it's a fucking problem.

The fact of the matter is: Playmore should fucking quit. I can't even begin to imagine how bad a MOTW sequel would turn out. Or a Last blade sequel.

I seriously don't want them to try. They can't come close to being as good or better than the originals.

You're an idiot.

Considering the SS3/4 sprites are already fantastic, and that the Neo's limits have already been pushed, so they can't redraw the characters in high res, or add animation without losing characters, what the hell do you want them to do? Should they add a tattoo to Haoh's left arm and maybe change his hairstyle? OMFG new sprite. How about they make Jubei's pants a little baggier, that would be fucking awesome. I just hope they wouldn't make his face fat. :lol:

Yea, I'm a SS fanboy, but I'm not even close to as stupid as the people who must bitch about EVERYTHING.

And SS5 > The rest of them. Although it wasn't Playmore who made the game.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
buttasuperb said:
You're an idiot.

Considering the SS3/4 sprites are already fantastic, and that the Neo's limits have already been pushed, so they can't redraw the characters in high res, or add animation without losing characters, what the hell do you want them to do? Should they add a tattoo to Haoh's left arm and maybe change his hairstyle? OMFG new sprite. How about they make Jubei's pants a little baggier, that would be fucking awesome. I just hope they wouldn't make his face fat. :lol:

Yea, I'm a SS fanboy, but I'm not even close to as stupid as the people who must bitch about EVERYTHING.

And SS5 > The rest of them. Although it wasn't Playmore who made the game.

I don't think there's any need to get upset over it, but SS5 is a pretty obvious rehash job. Even if you do like the SS3/SS4 sprites, they were used, and reused, 6-7 years ago.

As for what SNKP could have done to improve it, there's plenty, like axing garbage characters (Gaira, Basara, Rimmy, Shizumaru), redrawing sprites with MOTW-quality animation, all-new redrawn backgrounds, and tweaking the gameplay/existing characters. Some of the slash/bust character differences were practically negligible, and in some cases, one version was just better than the other (like bust Ukyo over slash Ukyo in SS4). They could have combined the slash/bust moves into one character, so you'd have one good character with a bunch of moves, for instance. Instead, they turned alternate versions into "new" characters like with bust Nakoruru and bust Sogetsu. Sorry, that's just weak.

Like you, I also want to support SNKP (which is why I ordered an SS5 AES from NCS, even though I hated every Samurai Shodown game after 2), but they need to do better than this to get back on their feet and be a healthy company.

10 Year Member
No one's angry about anything.

Yea, it's a rehash, but it's miles better than 3/4 because of the gameplay tweaks. I'm not sure why a game needs all new sprites and backgrounds to be considered a great game. It's all in the gameplay.

As for axing some characters to make the rest of them better animated, I'm sure some people would disagree on the choice of characters to get rid of, but I certainly wouldn't care.

jeff_mangum

Geese's Thug
You're an idiot.

So yeah, Sam Sho V is like 95% recycled from 3/4. I'm glad the Sam Sho fanboy contingent can enjoy shit like this, but for everyone else it's simply not enough.

Seeing as I'm not a Sam Sho fanboy, I'm not really that upset that V is a total rehash. But if those worthless fucks over at Playmore decided to release a Last Blade or MOTW sequel that was 95% recycled shit, then I'd fucking cry.

I'm glad you(and anyone else) enjoy the new Sam Sho. For me, it's nothing to get excited about. Simple as that.

10 Year Member
meh, I shouldn't have called ya an idiot for stating your opinion.

Thing is, I am a Sam Sho fanboy, and I'm not upset in the least that it's a rehash. It's not a total rehash at all. Maybe 95% when it comes to sprites and backgrounds, but not even close to that when it comes to gameplay. It combines the good elements from past Sam Sho's, gets rid of the stupid ones, and adds some great new techniques that immensely add to the gameplay.

If they released a new Last Blade on MVS using existing sprites and backgrounds, and added a few new characters and backgrounds, and made the gameplay tops once again with some sort of new gameplay elements, I'd think it would be fantastic.

When SNK moves on to new hardware, that's when we'll see all new sprites, backgrounds, and better animation.

MotW I don't care so much about, as SS and LB shit all over that game. :D

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
MY idea:

"REAL BOUT FATAL FURY 1/2: CHIBI FIGHTERS"

It would be the closest thing the big NG has to Pocket Fighter. The characters would be SD and there'd be a really out-there storyline ala PF (like maybe Joe wants revenge on Geese because while he was at school Geese beat him up and stole his lunch money). There would be cameos galore (like Temjin from AOF2 can be the principal in the school stage, getting mad at kids laughin at him, ala his ending). I dunno how the engine would be, exactly. But c'mon, you could have all sorts of characters from FF games, Hwai Jai to Kevin Rian, in this fantasy "we're little kids" setting (well not exactly that).

Who likes it?

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
I dont like recycled sprites in sequels. In a perfect world I would like to see everything redrawn for every installment of every 2d fighter. No company does that of course. Combine this fact with declining (doubt it will get much lower though) interest in 2d fighters... Its pretty easy to see why Capcom and SNK have been reaching so far back into their archives to make "new" games.

SNK has done alot of this, and its getting a tad ridiculous. Still nothing can top what Capcom is doing with Street Fighter 2... :rolleyes:

SNK may have peaked a few years ago. But KoF 2002 showed to me that they still know how to make an entertaining fighter. I dont want to see Garou draged through the mud. I dont want to see a crap sequel to Last Blade. But I am at least willing to give SNK a chance. I understand it might end up being like those last few seasons of the X-Files when it got so painful to watch you just wished the smoking man would come back and waste Scully and the T1000 dude.

All I know is the classics will still be there to play. And some of the new games look good to me. If it starts reminding me of the last season of the X-Files ill just change the channel.

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
YAY~ This is so exciting. After playing Garou: MOTW, I really look forward to playing a new game of this. It is said that this tournament takes place in a future time than that of KOF. Hotaru Futaba was my favortie character in this game, It would really cool to see her again and maybe with some new moves too!! :D :smirk:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,

Fran said:
maybe this is a kafkian nightmare

who knows

Heh, Fran-

I really love that quote for some reason

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member

Fran said:

i think SVCC is without a doubt the most disgusting game i have ever seen

it's so fake,so useless,so ugly...i'm amazed people like it

it's an insult to the old SNK...and the mvs hardware

slug 4 left a better taste in my mouth

2003 will use the svcc engine,
you can bet i'm excited

101% what he said P E R I O D !

Damn, it's nice to have you back, buddy.

The truth is with ya.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
FACT 1- MotW was meant to have a sequel: every single story ending in that game is pointing to a sequel.

FACT 2 - snkp can't program even a decent fighter: every single fighting game they realize is going worse and worse.

1 + 2 ... you do the maths.

And choose which god to pray what.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
CraigPilecky said:
I understand it might end up being like those last few seasons of the X-Files when it got so painful to watch you just wished the smoking man would come back and waste Scully and the T1000 dude.

That's gotta be the best comparison EVAR! :buttrock:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
jeff_mangum said:

SNKP<SNK
The Neo Geo is obsolete only because it's a machine that will expose coders who are UNCARUING and LAZY and this be SNKP.
CONCEPT/PASSION>CONSOLE POWER This has been proven time and time again where NEWGEN systems have fallen by the wayside while SNK cruised along all because they cared.They cared enough to solicit fan input from time to time.
The 90's are over,if only SNKP would redraw/update all sprites it would'nt be so easy to compare them to their predecessors.
Since SNKP took over,I have enjoyed two titles that try their damndest to follow in the SNK tradition.These two games are not appreciated by the mainstream and this is understandable but these two games were a START..They are/were a good guideline that SNKP should have tried to rebuild off of.What were those two games?? 2001 and MS4.I have yet to play SSV but I am going to tell you that it SUCKS that all the attention to little details that made SNK legendary are being chopped out and their sprites archive is constantly being raped with a few new additions here and there.All this cheerleading is nausiating because all I see is LESS is BEST and it's this type of attitude that will have SNKP continue disrespecting SNK's fanbase.
Giving praise is good,no doubt but it appears that the fans constantly promoting these releases are trying damn hard to convince themselves or work for SNK USA.
-BB