a new fatal fury in 2004

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Re: Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

EvilWasabi said:
LOL.

After seeing the way SNKP handled SS0

I would cry to hear they intend to continue making games.

funny,you are the playmore lover C...not moi

i think SVCC is without a doubt the most disgusting game i have ever seen

it's so fake,so useless,so ugly...i'm amazed people like it

it's an insult to the old SNK...and the mvs hardware

slug 4 left a better taste in my mouth

2003 will use the svcc engine,
you can bet i'm excited

ss0? at least its not from playmore ( galapagos team,remember? :) )

i saw and played sam for about 30 minutes a couple weeks ago,
i thought it was alright but nothing special

maybe they dont have the money

maybe the dont know how to make a good neo game anymore

maybe we're all fools

maybe the people who made motw and slug 3 and kof 99 are all dead

maybe this is a kafkian nightmare

who knows

aruze > playmore

Last edited:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Re: Re: Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

I love SvCC

I love Matrimelee

Everything else could be forgotten.

Fran said:
funny,you are the playmore lover C...not moi

i think SVCC is without a doubt the most disgusting game i have ever seen

it's so fake,so useless,so ugly...i'm amazed people like it

slug 4 left a better taste in my mouth

2003 will use the svcc engine,
you can bet i'm excited

ss0? at least its not from playmore ( galapagos team,remember? :) )

i saw and played sam for about 30 minutes a couple weeks ago,
i thought it was alright but nothing special

maybe they dont have the money

maybe the dont know how to make a good neo game anymore

maybe we're all fools

maybe the people who made motw and slug 3 and kof 99 are all dead

maybe this is a kafkian nightmare

who knows

just

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I met this guy at the loke test. He even gave me a card. He's a nice guy, but he doesn't know anything more than the rest of us. I was standing next to him for most of the test since he was standing near the SNK reps and I know what he's referring to.

What Tony said was that the "new" fighter was half a new series and half a continuation of an old storyline. Both me and this guy said we hoped for a new FF game. Tony said it looked like it might happen this year but not to post it yet. I thought this was a good idea anyway, since he didn't sound totally sure himself (this impression was borne out by the fact that he said PS2 KOF '00/'01 was unedited and conflicting comments over the course of the day about a SVC MVS cart release) and I'd rather not get everyone's hopes up and look like an idiot later.

No one is hoping for a new FF game more than me (and playable appearance of Jubei), but what was actually said was very vague and should be taken with a fistful of salt.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

the roker said:
There would have to be a return of Jubei Yamada, when he was younger and not senile.

You can't be serious. I know you might think something like a young Jubei sounds cool for, like, 2 seconds, and maybe a young Tung and a "skinny" Cheng, but if such a game were actually made, those 2 seconds would wear off real quick. Then you and everyone else would be mad that Kim, Mai, Terry, Andy, etc. weren't in the game.

k'_127 said:
I'm not interested in a new MotW.

Look at SS5. Even look at SVC and KOF 2003, both of which reuse sprites/animation/effects from MOTW. Playmore is clearly trying to recycle as much as possible from older games, and hopefully they're doing this to save time/production costs, even though it's bad news either way. If Playmore was willing to dredge up the SS4 sprites for a 2003 game, you can bet they'll be just fine with reusing the MOTW sprites, which are approximately 1,000,000x better than the SS4 ones.

Fran said:
well
i couldnt care less about a motw sequel

it cant even be done,
they cant improve the original game

I'd expect more from you, since I'm sure you actually played through the game and saw everybody's ending. Just about all of MOTW's endings are beg for closure. Marco's dojo gets trashed by "the crazy guy" (presumably Yamazaki) KOF '98-style, while "Master Ryo" is "training in the mountains." Hokutomaru is now considered Andy's "rival." Rock joins forces with the final evil boss! MOTW left plenty of openings for more story continuation and plenty of openings for more characters. As for improving the game itself, they could get rid of the idiotic Just Defended, and also kill the stupid fake cancel infinites, which have no business being in the game.

I understand why you'd be concerned about SNKP screwing up MOTW because it was such a great game, but of all the old SNK games, that one deserves a sequel the most for the most reasons.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member

i have played the game and i'm pretty good with jenet and tizoc,yes

what i was trying to say was:

motw is 708 megs or something like that
that means that they CANNOT add stuff

thats the max capacity of a neo cart

that means that to make a sequel their only option is to cut frames or remove a couple of the old guys and add 2 or 3 new,horrible,badly animated ones

no thanks

playmore isnt good enough to make a decent kof

let alone a motw sequel

IMO

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
a new motw game?
i dont know.
i could see them really screwing it up.
frans right x2
SNK peaked in 99.
there's really no going back.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Oh lordy, motw was great, playmore couldn't even compete with the intro's on that game, let alone produce a decent sequel.

Oh jesus

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Well, it's good to hear that another Fatal Fury is going to be coming out. A MOTW sequel would be cool, but anything else Fatal Fury would be just as awesome.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Could another sequel ever equal or surpass Garou's total goodness?

I doubt it, but we'll see. :cool:

TriShield said:
Could another sequel ever equal or surpass Garou's total goodness?

I doubt it, but we'll see. :cool:

No probably not, and this is why I want SNKP to focus on something other than sequel after sequel. Because all of them are going to be held up to a ridiculous(I don't mean that in a bad way, kudos to them) standard set by the old SNK veteran programmers. New fighting game sequels hardly have a chance, even when they are good they get ripped just because its SNKP....that 'P' makes all the difference to some.

It would be cool if 708 wasn't the max...but that seems to be the limit, so instead of trying to surpass an old series by bringing out a sequel that doesn't stand a chance of being better...they should focus on something new...like a 708 meg beat-em-up/hack-n-slash, something to surpass and be the definitive game in the whole genre. Wishful thinking.

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
yeah, i m pretty sure they can, they already did update the carts hardware when implementing the custom bank switching (kof99 if i remember). They could use that to get more than 8 C roms, but i bet they just don t want to go into chip design again...bouh T_T

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
man i just cant wait for a new MOTW. if there really is a game that reserves a secuel its this game for sure. better than any kof to date or any samsho, AOF or even another fatal fury. not even the last blade series dousnt come to this level. the real bouts where cool but really cant be compared with MOTW. they dont even come close.

now for the problem. if its really a new MOTW how will playmore make this game. like some people here said 708 megs is the max for a neo cart. now how the hell can you improve if thats the case?????????

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
More like 708 meg is the max size they are allowed to use, the more megs the more expensive the cart will be.

Lumberjack

Bon Voyage! , I earned a Time Out!
Just because its playmore then it will be motw 2. If another team is making it which I hope is the case it could be something to raw to handle like FF 0.
Jeff Bogard in a martial arts tournament is too much for most of us to handle without wetting our pants.:crying:

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member

EvilWasabi said:
LOL.

After seeing the way SNKP handled SS0

I would cry to hear they intend to continue making games.

LOLOLOLOL indeed.

SS5 is the absolute best game in 4 years. This is fact.

OMFG NO STORY MODE WAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

With games like SS5 being released, I would hope they continue to release games of that quality, and improve on it.

SvC = my toilet a few hours after White Castle. Which I guess makes it a decent game at best. :spock:

SS5 > MotW

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member

EX_Andy said:
the MOTW sprites, which are approximately 1,000,000x better than the SS4 ones.

No.

The SS3/4 Sprites are the most beautiful sprites ever created. This is fact also. :cool:

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Re: Re: Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

Lumberjack said:
Jeff Bogard in a martial arts tournament is too much for most of us to handle without wetting our pants.:crying:

I don't know why people seem to think that Jeff was some kind of amazing fighter or character, BUT HE WASN'T. He was a guy who got murdered by Geese. Geese, Terry, and Andy are still around. If Jeff were some kind of amazing fighter, so would he. The intro sequence on the Playstation version of Wild Ambition makes Jeff look like a first-class sissy. Geese pulls up in a car and slaps Jeff around with his bare hands (no guns, no Billy, just his own two fists) and beats him down.

buttasuperb said:
No.

The SS3/4 Sprites are the most beautiful sprites ever created. This is fact also. :cool:

This would be true if it weren't wrong.

BlackReppuKen

Zero's Secretary
The that one guy

who said that if jeff

was back,he would have a

mixture of Terry/Andys's Movelist

How is that?

Didn't tung each jeff how to fight anyhow?

And andy was two young,Mai's people trained him during FF2 right?

unless your talking about if jeff didn't die?:help:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

EX_Andy said:
I don't know why people seem to think that Jeff was some kind of amazing fighter or character, BUT HE WASN'T. He was a guy who got murdered by Geese. Geese, Terry, and Andy are still around. If Jeff were some kind of amazing fighter, so would he. The intro sequence on the Playstation version of Wild Ambition makes Jeff look like a first-class sissy. Geese pulls up in a car and slaps Jeff around with his bare hands (no guns, no Billy, just his own two fists) and beats him down.

lol
interesting point.

Of course, the young AoF2 Geese was pretty bad ass too you know...

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I don't care if MotW is improved - as long as it doesn't get crappier.

The game was great as it was, and if the stories are continued but the characters changed here and there, that would work for me.

Different backgrounds, a few different characters.

like the narnia books. Each one is roughly the same size. No one complains when they find out that the next in the series isn't bigger than the last. :p

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

EX_Andy said:
I don't know why people seem to think that Jeff was some kind of amazing fighter or character, BUT HE WASN'T.

People are excited of the possibilities that can be had with him, that's all. Just because he was killed doesn't automatically mean he was terrible either. Charlie was killed in the SF series, but he was still a smokin' character.