a new fatal fury in 2004

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
remember the Trieu announcement about a new game for mvs in 2004, now read this.

"Word is that a new Fatal Fury game will be coming out in summer of 2004, so keep your eyes open."

by the way, KOF' 2003 will be availble for US MVS on the december 15

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
!! :tickled:

(I'm pretty sure this Todd Cutler character wasn't supposed to mention that before the start of KOF'03 sales...)

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Bad ass... I guess this comfirms garou 2. After all it is a fatal fury

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I want the series to return back to it's roots ..... a remake of FF1 would be so cool. add more characters from the series, few more BGs and a new fighting system (even the RBS engine would be sweet) :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
I want the series to return back to it's roots ..... a remake of FF1 would be so cool. add more characters from the series, few more BGs and a new fighting system (even the RBS engine would be sweet) :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Am I the only one to notice that I wouldn't be a remake of FF1 if they changed everything about it? :p

*EDIT - They already 'remade' FF1 to an extent, with FF3.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:

I'll one up you on this and say it'd be nice to see a Fatal Fury Zero, with the focus of the game on Jeff Bogard vs Geese.

After Jeff beats Geese, Geese murders him with his back turned right in front of his two kids (Terry and Andy).

Jeff of course has moves which combine that of Terry and Andy.

There would have to be a return of Jubei Yamada, when he was younger and not senile.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
the roker said:
I'll one up you on this and say it'd be nice to see a Fatal Fury Zero, with the focus of the game on Jeff Bogard vs Geese.

After Jeff beats Geese, Geese murders him with his back turned right in front of his two kids (Terry and Andy).

Jeff of course has moves which combine that of Terry and Andy.

There would have to be a return of Jubei Yamada, when he was younger and not senile.

This is a pretty interesting idea. It could be a younger Geese, kind of like AOF2. Perhaps there could be a character or two from AOF in it, as their time line is supposed to happen around AOF2, if I remember correctly from the ending with Geese in the airplane.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SonGohan said:
Am I the only one to notice that I wouldn't be a remake of FF1 if they changed everything about it? :p

*EDIT - They already 'remade' FF1 to an extent, with FF3.

yup, that was their attempt with FF3, RBS and Wild Ambition. however they never could capture it. I mean they should have kept everthing as it is .... street punks, south town, beach .... etc. easpecially the story. everything should has been kept as it was. just redrawn graphics and new music, plus the things I mentioned earlier. otherwise, I don't think they can capture the same dark atmosphere.

out of the three, I think Wild Ambition was the closest to the original, in terms of story and atmospere.

I bet all FF fans will be satisfied

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm not interested in a new MotW. come on, we all know KOF will eventually be MotW one day.

the roker, this is definetly a brilliant idea

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...Please don't let them fuck up MOTW 2...

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
k'_127 said:
I'm not interested in a new MotW. come on, we all know KOF will eventually be MotW one day.

the roker, this is definetly a brilliant idea

I completely agree with you, I was about to state the same thing. I just can wait for "KOF 08 - Maximum Mayhem!" :cool: :cool: :cool:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I see garou more likely to be the ff they are talking about, but I like roker's idea better. It never crossed my mind.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
The evolution from Fatal Fury to Real Bout was interesting: the setting was the same, but the roster, and the gameplay radically changed.

The evolution from Real Bout to MOTW was disappointing... the roster and gameplay were also radically different, but by setting things 20 years in the future they effectively ended the Fatal Fury timeline, as well as any hopes for a Real Bout 3.

A good fighting game should be like a Marvel Comic book, essentially timeless, with no real references to dates or time, no permanent deaths, and no taking itself seriously.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
well
i couldnt care less about a motw sequel

it cant even be done,
they cant improve the original game

they'd only end up cutting animations,specials and so on

maybe take out freeman and tizoc and add 2 new lame characters and a new lame mode

no,thanks

now,what i would really LOVE to see is a FFS remake

Jubei Yamada = best old geezer ever

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Interesting.

Will they go with Garou?

Or will they make another Fatal Fury to fill in the gap from Real Bout 2 to Garou.

In any case please have Duck King and Rick Strewd. Thanks. ;)

NO STYLE DM

NEST Puppet
i think they shouldnt make MOTW 2 now , they are good , but they still need some more experince , but i would love to see FF4 (or RBFF3, whatever) and it would be a good way to explain why geese is alive in our beloved 2k3

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
As long as Andy's back, I'm square.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
WOOHOO! More Terry, I am all about this!

I hope that it is RBFF3 because if it is anything like their revival of SS (I am speaking of SS5 here folks) then I will be impressed!

-Regards

(P.S. Fatal Fury has always been about Garou... MOTW was just the first one to keep it in english.)

Setsuna1982

World Her,
LoM1.JPG

well... if the game ends like something like that it means that pic could be from a real proto after all :p

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
My head is spinning from all the excitement! I can't get over the amount of titles we're seeing for this year and next. We're getting SSV (which I still need to order), KOF2K3, MS5, Garou 2 (?), and that untitled Neo-Geo fighter slated for a 2004 release. Don't forget that we may also see SVC 2 and LB3 for the Neo-Geo some time in late 2004 (as popular rumor would have it).

It sounds like SNK-P really loves us. :drool_2: :drool: Thank you, Playmore! :tickled: :drool_2: :drool: :glee:

Last edited:

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
NeoLord said:
My head is spinning from all the excitement! I can't get over the amount of titles we're seeing for this year and next. We're getting SSV (which I still need to order), KOF2K3, MS5, Garou 2 (?), and that untitled Neo-Geo fighter slated for a 2004 release. Don't forget that we may also see SVC 2 and LB3 for the Neo-Geo some time in late 2004 (as popular rumor would have it).

It sounds like SNK-P really loves us. :drool_2: :drool: Thank you, Playmore! :tickled: :drool_2: :drool: :glee:
Dont forget the music game and Poochi! :mad:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
dream match.. every character from ff (not including motw9 that is my wish.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Re: Re: a new fatal fury in 2004

Fran said:
well
i couldnt care less about a motw sequel

it cant even be done,
they cant improve the original game

they'd only end up cutting animations,specials and so on

maybe take out freeman and tizoc and add 2 new lame characters and a new lame mode

no,thanks

now,what i would really LOVE to see is a FFS remake

Jubei Yamada = best old geezer ever

LOL.

After seeing the way SNKP handled SS0

I would cry to hear they intend to continue making games.