More lost game title translations please

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
I came across this is the lot of fliers I recieved. This is taken from the AOU SNK lineup brochure. I believe there are several lost game titles listed but was hoping someone could translate. I did what I could using what little skills I have (looking in the all about snk book ;) ) and was hoping someone could confirm and fill in what is missing sorry for the big pic but felt it was needed to see the characters. i figure the columns are game, size, ???, and manf. note I put in the numbers of course

protolisting.jpg

what i got so far

1 Savage Reign 190 Mega SNK
2 ???? 100 Mega Visco
3 ???? Data East
4 Warlocks of fate 200 Mega Aztec21
5 Magical Drop 3 Data east
6 ???? Face
7 Pulstar 232 Mega Aicom
8 Stake winners Saurus
9 Metal Slug 190 Mega Nazca
10 ????? Saurus
11 Q P Success
12 ???? 156 Mega Visco
13 ???? Saurus
14 ???? 186 Mega Nazca
15 ????????

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Good guesses on some, bad guess on one. I can read very little kanji, but katakana is as mother's milk:

1 is Savage Reign
2. Goal! Goal! Goal!
3. something bare- (a sports game, I'd guess volleyball)
4. no idea (action)
5. is Sonic Wings 3 not MD3
6. King of Athlete
7 is Pulstar
8 is Stakes Winner
9 is Metal Slug
10. Farm Guy (a shooter I've never heard of)
11. QP (?!)
12. Chicago (another action game I've never heard of)
13. something-something-Ken (wish I could trade the kanji I know for useful kanji)
14. World Tour Golf
15. All Star Bare- (I'm taking bare- to be short for volleyball)

Hopefully, that will hold you over until someone who can really read shows up. Not to sound (more) ignorant, but I haven't heard of half these games. Farm Guy?!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
10. Farm Guy, made by Zours
12. Chicago, made by Visco.
15. Orusta (Orooster) Ball, made by ?

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
15. Orusta (Orooster) Ball, made by ?
Not to contradict you, but "O-ru Suta-" is phonetic for "All Star". "Ball" is written in katakana as "Bo-ru". I'm taking "Bare-" to be phonetic for "Volley", short for volleyball.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
3. Tatakai baree (a fighting volleyball game. I would have though Super Volley '94, finally Power Spikes II, but that was already released by this point. Could have been PSIII; who knows) ???Megs Video system
4. Shinryuu Senki (you were right! Warlocks of Fate or whatever the accepted English interpretation is)
10. Farm Guy (can only guess it was a working title for Brikin'ger, unless Saurus scrapped this game to make Ironclad)
11. QP (puzzle game that does appear in old Neo Geo Freak issues)
12. Chicago (probably an old name for Breaker's, unless Visco was developing some other fighter first)
13. Chou Shin Ken (previous name for Shin Oh Ken aka Ragnagard aka a vastly underrated game;))
14. World Tour Golf (known to us all as Big Tournament Golf aka Neo Turf Masters)
15. All Star Volley ???Megs by Mahou (developer sounds familiar -I have some old pamphlets & flyers myself, but no clue on the game)

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
hey thanks,

Guess i missed up on the 3 and 5 I figured MD3 then guessed Data east and went from there. Should have looked a aero fighters 3 and video systemsso the third column was Genre, should have guessed.

interesting notes

3.another volleyball game from video systems. well it could be Power spikes II the brochure is from the AOU 95 and PSII was a 95 release.

4. Warlocks of Fate has a meg count. must have been done and ready to go. although the Meg counts appear to be a bit off on the games ;)

6. King of Athletes by Face??? must have died, also mentioned in EGM as a upcoming title

10. Farm guy (also reported as Firm Guy i am assuming in looking at old egm issue) as a shooter. Maybe Iron clad but the name does not seem to fit.

11. Chicago, Yet another working title for Breakers?

15. Another volleyball game I never heard of a company Mahou would be interesting to see what they have done.

thanks for the help. well nothing break through just some better clarfications i guess.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
hey

15 could that be Monolith and the lasy odyssey pinball game. Maybe it is a strech but I know there are different interpatations.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Do correct me if I'm wrong but Power Spikes II was released in late 1994. Checking the Neo CD even it bears _©1994.

About the meg counts, they changed throughout various stages of development as more stuff was added to & subtracted from the games. You can see this browsing old issues of Gamest and Neo Geo Freak. The missing titles would get up to about 95% complete generally with meg counts and even scheduled release dates in some cases, then would suddenly vanish never to be spoken of again.

I suppose you could translate the katakana for "farm" as "firm" actually, but yes, that name is too strange.

About 15, I doubt it would be Last Odyssey, unless the Japanese consider pinball to be a sports game and would disguise it under the name of a volleyball game. But is Last Odyssey's developer Monolith the same Monolith of Minasan no Okagesamadesu fame(/infamy)?

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
Do correct me if I'm wrong but Power Spikes II was released in late 1994. Checking the Neo CD even it bears _©1994.

About 15, I doubt it would be Last Odyssey, unless the Japanese consider pinball to be a sports game and would disguise it under the name of a volleyball game. But is Last Odyssey's developer Monolith the same Monolith of Minasan no Okagesamadesu fame(/infamy)?

The power spikes release date I just grabbed from the Master list.

as I said I was reaching on 15. Just would fit the timeline, I never knew about another Volleyball game that was planned for the Neo around 95 so that is why I was trying to fit it in with a known game. Again I grabed monolith from the master list. But it appears to be wrong for King of Atheletes being made by SNK so I am sure it is not the end all source on things.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Big Bruno said:
The power spikes release date I just grabbed from the Master list.

That thing needs a solid revision :)

I'm going to dig through all my NGF issues once exams are over in under a week and see if I can find anything else useful myself. I would just guess that 15 isn't Last Odyssey because it's at the end of the list by which time we are into 1996 releases, when the screen shots on Billy's page show it to be from 1995. http://members.tripod.com/fresa/proto/games/last_odyssey.htm

Oh well, perhaps one day we'll eventually uncover everything.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
well here is more food for thought. These are from the Neo Geo CD catalog of 95. as you can see those games are listed in here as well. i am assuming the number correspond to the month it is coming out.

protolisting2.jpg

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
talking about kakutou, last one on the second list is a
taisengata kakutou ge-mu (fighting style grapple game) from atlus
(and before it is another action game by atlus)

btw: ƒnƒ￾￾`ƒrƒ]ƒ‹￾` o(￾Ü￾]￾Ü)ƒm￾J ‚à‚Á‚©‚è‚Ü‚Á‚©￾H‚Ú‚¿‚Ú‚¿‚â‚ñ‚©￾H

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
‚Ö‚Ö￾@‚¤‚ñ‚Ú‚¿‚Ú‚¿‚Ë‚ñ￾F￾j￾@barf‚Í￾H

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
Œ³‹C‚Å‚ñ‚È￾` :)
‚Å‚à‚³￾`ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒX‚©‚瓦‚°‚½‚¢ ^^

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Œ³‹C‚Å‚ñ‚È￾`
‚Å‚à‚³￾`ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒX‚©‚瓦‚°‚½‚¢ ^^

‚È‚ñ‚Å￾H‚¢‚¢‚Æ‚±‚È‚ñ‚Ì‚É‚È￾`

ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒXŒêŠw‚ñ‚Å‚é?

ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒX‚̃Q￾[ƒZƒ“‚Í‚µ‚å‚à‚È‚¢‚ÆŽv‚¤‚¯‚Ç￾B￾B￾B￾B

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒXŒêŠw‚ñ‚Å‚È‚¢...ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒX￾l‚¾
ƒQ￾[ƒZƒ“ƒXƒNƒiƒC‚µ￾Aƒg￾[ƒNƒ“‚ª‚½‚¯￾[‚¼
‚±‚Ì￾‘‚ªˆê”Ô–Ê“|ƒNƒTƒC￾B￾B￾B‚Ù‚ñ‚Ü
ƒRƒ“ƒrƒj‚ª‚È‚¢‚µ￾A‘S“X‚ÌŠJ“XŽž￾￾‚ª10:00￾`19:00￾AŒŽ￾`“y￾B‹â￾s‚Æ‚©—X•Ö‹Ç‚Æ‚©‚»‚Ì‘¼‚ÌŽž￾￾‚ª10:00~17:00 ŒŽ￾`‹à￾B￾B￾B
Šð‚µ‚¢‚±‚ƂɃK￾[ƒ‹ƒtƒŒƒ“ƒh‚¢‚邯‚Ç‚É‚Ù‚ñ‚ɖ߂肽‚¢￾B

edit:‚±‚ÌBBS‚Å‚É‚Ù‚ñŒê‚Ì“ü—Í‚ªˆ«ƒNƒiƒ‹‚æ￾B

Last edited:

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
beelzebubble said:
kakutou baree (kakutou means "fight")

bah! indeed you are correct sir.

By the way, the 2nd from the bottom of the last list is Neo BomberMan. The rest, bar the entry below it and Crossed Swords II further up, have all been covered.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒXŒêŠw‚ñ‚Å‚È‚¢...ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒX￾l‚¾

ƒtƒ‰ƒ“ƒX￾l‚©￾H￾‰‚ß‚Ä’m‚Á‚½￾F￾j
ƒjƒzƒ“‚Æ”ä‚ׂ½‚炨‚à‚È‚¢‚©‚à’m‚ç‚ñ‚¯‚Ç“ú–{‚É–ß‚Á‚½‚çƒAƒ`‚ÌŽ©‘R‚ðŽâ‚µƒNŽv‚¤‚©‚à￾B￾B￾Bƒjƒzƒ“‚ÍŽ©‘RƒXƒN‚È‚¢￾F￾i

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I came across this is the lot of fliers I recieved. This is taken from the AOU SNK lineup brochure. I believe there are several lost game titles listed but was hoping someone could translate. I did what I could using what little skills I have (looking in the all about snk book ;) ) and was hoping someone could confirm and fill in what is missing sorry for the big pic but felt it was needed to see the characters. i figure the columns are game, size, ???, and manf. note I put in the numbers of course

protolisting.jpg

what i got so far

1 Savage Reign 190 Mega SNK
2 ???? 100 Mega Visco
3 ???? Data East
4 Warlocks of fate 200 Mega Aztec21
5 Magical Drop 3 Data east
6 ???? Face
7 Pulstar 232 Mega Aicom
8 Stake winners Saurus
9 Metal Slug 190 Mega Nazca
10 ????? Saurus
11 Q P Success
12 ???? 156 Mega Visco
13 ???? Saurus
14 ???? 186 Mega Nazca
15 ????????

Almost 15years bump!

Anyone still having the scan/pic of the said flyer?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Shito I don't have the flyer but hey man good to see you, you never post, how's life recently?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Hi all! :-)

Life's kinda good, gettin' older, the usual stuff and loving the NG as usual!

Well, just to let you know I managed to decipher the whole, but taking a good look at the real thing would be always nice.

BTW:

SNK AOU '95 BROCHURE

01 Fuu'un Mokushiroku / 190M SNK
02 Goal! Goal! Goal! / 100M Visco
03 Kakutou Volley / Video System
04 Shinryuu Senki / 200M Aztec21
05 Sonic Wings 3 / Data East
06 King of Athlete / Face
07 Pulstar / 232M Aicom
08 Stake Winners / Saurus
09 Metal Slug / 190M Nazca
10 Kurogane-naru Mono / Saurus [Choutetsu Brikin'ger]
11 QP / Success
12 Shikago / 156M Visco [Breakers]
13 Choushinken / Saurus [Shin'ouken]
14 World Tour Golf / 186M Nazca [Big Tournament Golf]
15 All Star Volley / Mahou

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Hi all! :-)

Life's kinda good, gettin' older, the usual stuff and loving the NG as usual!

Well, just to let you know I managed to decipher the whole, but taking a good look at the real thing would be always nice.

BTW:

SNK AOU '95 BROCHURE

01 Fuu'un Mokushiroku / 190M SNK
02 Goal! Goal! Goal! / 100M Visco
03 Kakutou Volley / Video System
04 Shinryuu Senki / 200M Aztec21
05 Sonic Wings 3 / Data East
06 King of Athlete / Face
07 Pulstar / 232M Aicom
08 Stake Winners / Saurus
09 Metal Slug / 190M Nazca
10 Kurogane-naru Mono / Saurus [Choutetsu Brikin'ger]
11 QP / Success
12 Shikago / 156M Visco [Breakers]
13 Choushinken / Saurus [Shin'ouken]
14 World Tour Golf / 186M Nazca [Big Tournament Golf]
15 All Star Volley / Mahou

I know the flyer photo/scan is still missing, but thank you for reposting the listing.

I spent a while going through neogeocentral via the waybackmachine and searching for any remnants of the referenced photo url: neogeocentral.com/images/Protos/protolisting.jpg

Of course, no dice, but I still wanted to give it a shot. I'm sure the listing you posted is correct, but I'm with you on wanting to double-check and make sure by verifying against an image of the original flyer.

Last edited: