Panasonic Q: Reads no games but DVDs

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
A normal Gamecube will make a click noise when you turn it on, so that's probably normal. I haven't seen a Q before though.

Hi everyone, I recently acquired a Panasonic Q that was working perfectly before shipping. It's a JAP/USA modeyl with the all zone dvd.
It appears it reads DVDs flawlessly and the JAP/USA 3 seconds switch also works.

BUT, for some reasons, it wont reads games (JAP/USA). The miniDVD won't even turn and the console will show "Please insert a NINTENDO GAMECUBE DISC" when I go to the game menu. So far, I've found that such behavior on common Gamecube appears when the closed door sensor is gone/broken.

There is no such piece on the PANASONIC Q but I can imagine there is something else like a ground wire or something like that.

Any idea ? Thanks :)

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
ive torn one apart before there is a switch on the drive carriage. are you using an original game?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Hi everyone, I recently acquired a Panasonic Q that was working perfectly before shipping. It's a JAP/USA modeyl with the all zone dvd.
It appears it reads DVDs flawlessly and the JAP/USA 3 seconds switch also works.

BUT, for some reasons, it wont reads games (JAP/USA). The miniDVD won't even turn and the console will show "Please insert a NINTENDO GAMECUBE DISC" when I go to the game menu. So far, I've found that such behavior on common Gamecube appears when the closed door sensor is gone/broken.

There is no such piece on the PANASONIC Q but I can imagine there is something else like a ground wire or something like that.

Any idea ? Thanks :)

wow, a 12 year old thread resurrected just like that.. damn.

Wow, France no less...

Stupid bitch...

What the... are you serious ? Well, the console is still beeing used/dealed worldwide and it's well known for beeing a fragile machine with few experts. This topic still looks perfectly appropriate.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What the... are you serious ? Well, the console is still beeing used/dealed worldwide and it's well known for beeing a fragile machine with few experts. This topic still looks perfectly appropriate.

Relax. You would also be flamed for starting a new thread.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
this is the rare Panasonic Q that reads Neogeo cd games too right?

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well at first sight it looked well accepted on 2003.

I am guessing the forum was reorganized since then with neo-geo tech support split off from general. appears this did not get moved to the general tech support. I know there are some Q repair threads on Assembergames, but its down right now.