Question about sound connector

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't have my Hyper 64 yet (it will be delivered next week, I hope) but I want to know if there's a sound connector like on the MVS boards. (floppy power connector - like, or jack)
Or should I use the Molex connector on the front of the Hyper PCB to direct the signal to the amplifier?

slerch666

updyke,
There is a connector, but it's some funky ass connector that is damn near impossible to find, if one exists. It looks like the power connector you connect to a floppy drive in a PC, but that isn't the correct size. It's NOT the same type of connection as the MVS connector, though they look similar.

If you have you JAMMA setup to do stereo from the harness with MVS, Hyper will work like that.

Otherwise you'll be stuck soldering wires directly onto the connector and having to go that way.

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Maybe a (standard) cd-rom audio cable?
The connector does fit perfectly on the MVS, even the wires are on the right place (left, right, ground).
(the floppy-power connector, or whatever the name is, does not fit very well)

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I found the solution to use the connector.
Just like I said, with a cdrom analog cable.

You have to swap the pins into another position in the connector:

pin 1 is left (white),
pin 2 is ground (black),
pin 3 is right (red).
pin 4 is empty (?)

It fits perfectly, and works 100%.
Only one problem: the output on this connector is also amplified.
I can use the volume control to mute the signal a little bit, but it's way too strong since it's plugged on a Creative amplified 2.1 speakerset.

Oh well: I will find a way to bypass the amplifier on the Hyper.