general hyper 64 info

i really know nothing about the hyper 64. what is it, how many games were made for it, how expensive is it, is it available in consolised form and a million other questions all spring to mind.

anyone care to help me? or link me to a hyper 64 fansite if you cant be bothered to type :D

also, id love to see some screens of the games.

slerch666

updyke,
HNG 64 is a 64bit 3D arcade system created, obviously, by SNK. It's a JAMMA board, similar to what you would expect from an MVS board, though it only came in a single slot variation.

Screen shots aren't too easy to come by, as the Hyper was never emulated, nor will it likely ever be.

How many games were made?

Here is a thread you should take a look at. Discussion of how many games and what they are.

There is no HNG console. The HNG suppoesdly can be CONSOLIZED like you've probably seen MVS consolized. Super Goose may be able to assist with that, though I'm not sure.

How expensive is it? I bought mine direct from Vektorlogic (just do a search in the Hyper forum or visit Vektorlogic's website). I bought the board and the 4 fighters. It cost me $465 shipped to the US via EMS. Evidently you can do a little bargaining, though I did not.

It may sound high priced, but dammit, it's worth it!

And don't be confused by the 3D SamSpi game on the PSX. THAT is NOT a port of an HNG 64 SamSpi game. The only game ported to a system from the HNG64 was Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hey, I've played beast busters and I never realized it was a Hyper 64 game.

Good game, but like all games in the genre, if you put enough quaters you can finish, then never play it again.

The only gun games that had me coming back for more was Time Crisis and Point Blank.

Kazuki

n00b
Beast Busters: Second Nightmare was a fun game and it was cool since its the only SNK arcade game I have seen with guns. The graphics where kinda dated compared to similar titles.

BIG

sony fanboy
Neo Geo Hyper 64 = Best failed hardware evah :D