Hyper 64 adaptor?

I could be wrong, but I believe that this adaptor might be used for the rev. 1 boards. Since the rev. 1 boards require extra connectors for the power supply and for the speakers. This adapter would make the jamma cabinet conversion a lot easier.

Furthermore looking at this converter closely, I believe that it could be also used for the Driving and/or Shooter board versions of the Hyper 64 (which I believe they were only available as rev. 1 boards). Although both the Driving and shooter boards used the same Hyper 64 hardware they differ with the fighter version of the board and against each other. And if you look at this adaptor, you can tell that it has wires for extra connectors that are not found on the rev. 1 fighter version of the board. (Well at least compared with my rev. 1 boards, I only need 1 extra connector for power supply, and one extra connector for the speakers, making a total of 2 mux connectors. And this board has like 4 wires for 4 mux connectors). So this could prove my point.
Then again, I could be wrong.

You could also ask the seller from what game he took that adaptor.

Charles

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
I could be wrong, but I believe that this adaptor might be used for the rev. 1 boards. Since the rev. 1 boards require extra connectors for the power supply and for the speakers. This adapter would make the jamma cabinet conversion a lot easier.

Furthermore looking at this converter closely, I believe that it could be also used for the Driving and/or Shooter board versions of the Hyper 64 (which I believe they were only available as rev. 1 boards). Although both the Driving and shooter boards used the same Hyper 64 hardware they differ with the fighter version of the board and against each other. And if you look at this adaptor, you can tell that it has wires for extra connectors that are not found on the rev. 1 fighter version of the board. (Well at least compared with my rev. 1 boards, I only need 1 extra connector for power supply, and one extra connector for the speakers, making a total of 2 mux connectors. And this board has like 4 wires for 4 mux connectors). So this could prove my point.
Then again, I could be wrong.

You could also ask the seller from what game he took that adaptor.

Charles

LOL,...I'm the High Bidder..I was hoping it would work on my Rev 1 board....
This is Bill Burger's auction,I asked him and he doesn't have clue..
Hey,but maybe you will have good luck asking him..
Good luck trying to get a reply from Bill Burger..

If someone really wants it let me know....I won't bid any higher.

EDIT..
I found the Email he did Reply to..
Hi Bill can you tell me what this is for..?
sorry no i dont know maybe for hyper 64 gun or driving games?

...................................................................................................
I like buying various Neo Geo stuff so I bid on it..Maybe someday I'll use it for something...

Last edited:

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
I think I am just going to say that it is used for a shooting or driving mother board. I too have a rev. 1 board and it has nothing on it that requires that. One thing that I did think of is could it be used partly for the LCD marquee on the Japanese sit down cabs.? Just a thought.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
CheapNeoGeo said:
I think I am just going to say that it is used for a shooting or driving mother board. I too have a rev. 1 board and it has nothing on it that requires that. One thing that I did think of is could it be used partly for the LCD marquee on the Japanese sit down cabs.? Just a thought.

I've been out bid,and I'm not bidding on it any higher..
Someone must need this and know what it's for..

RVF400

Host for Orochi
so the revision 2 is 100% jamma compatible?, i have a minigun which is 100% MVS compatible with stereo for the 2-slot, do i need something else to run the neo 64?

CheapNeoGeo

Kula's Can,
A rev. 1 board is 100% JAMMA, but it also needs an additional +5v and it also uses a seperate harness for stereo. A rev. 2 board is 100% JAMMA and 100% MVS compatible. There is a switch on the motherboard to change between the two of them. The stereo runs through the JAMMA harness.