Which Neo 64 To Buy?, And How Much?

RVF400

Host for Orochi
i am looking at buying one in the new year with ss64 2, how do i know what revision it is?, which revision should i get?, (i have a minigun mk2, with a desktop psu), and how much to pay?

slerch666

updyke,
You could get the full set of fighters with a rev 2 board from Vektorlogic. Just do a search in the Hyper forum for them.

The guy can be a dick, but he seems to come through in the end.

As far as how much to pay, I paid $465 for all 4 fighters and an rev 2 board shipped from UK.

RVF400

Host for Orochi
thats quite alot, at the moment im only after sam2, i have been quoted about $130 for a neo 64 and fatal fury. i want the cheapest i can get really.$465 how much of that was shipping?

slerch666

updyke,
RVF400 said:
thats quite alot, at the moment im only after sam2, i have been quoted about $130 for a neo 64 and fatal fury. i want the cheapest i can get really.$465 how much of that was shipping?

Shit... like $80 or something. It was EMS from UK to US (east coast).

You can talk him down some, from what I understand.

If you were thinking of getting all the fighters eventually, it is, in all likelihood, the cheapest way to go (getting all from Vektorlogic).

Someone got Rev 2 board and 2 (or maybe 3?) games from him for $280 I think.

Check eBay for pricing on the games, both Sam Shos go for ~$100 +/- apiece. Buriki 1 and FF:WA run $75-$100 apiece. Those were the going prices when I bought my stuff from Vektor about 6 months ago anyway.

Rev 2 board... not sure the going price on those. The price you were quoted sounds like it may be a rev 1 board though. Rev 2 board was the same type of JAMMA support as going from an MVS (95% JAMMA). Rev was mostly JAMMA, but you had an extra power connector and another connection for Stereo sound if I remember correctly.

Check the Hyper forum, Chris1 posted picks of a Rev 1 board and many people commented on how to tell a Rev 1 from 2 in that thread.

Last edited:

RVF400

Host for Orochi
ok so i should go for a revision 2 board then, what was the address for vectorlogic?.

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
I wouldn't even consider getting a R1 board. Vektorlogics email address is jeff.ferrier@vektorlogic.com, be warned that he has something of a bad reputation here for taking his time with sending things. I've never had a problem with him though, and would not think twice about buying from him :)

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Vektorlogic.com I think, but last time I looked it was being redesigned and there was just a holding page in its place.