King of Fighters: Time For A New Method To The Madness?

KOF: Annual or Biennial?

• The KOF Tournament should still be yearly, even if it means recycled sprites, bad hit detection, etc

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Make it every other year, it will give them more time to work on it, and anticipation will make it t

Votes: 147 62.3%

• Total voters

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i could take it till kof98 and when 99 got released and they still hadnt redrawn the charas, improved the system or made a better game than its precesessor it really made me want to mis a kof for a year (yes i actually felt that way back in 99 too) and give them the time to make a new game. in 99 they added strikers wich was very un-kof and the feature really was garbage, so where the 2 modes, and so was robert, terry and mai among others. seeing frames of 94 in a game thats released in 2004 is just sad. if i only needed to wait 2 years for a completely new kof game to be released id be happy, they could heve done it like capcom did with the sf series. ya know like kof 94/98 2 year pause, kof 99/2002, 2 year pause, 2003 till end of that arc pause. every 3 or 4 episodes start over with something completely new for the new storyline. (like sf2, sf0, sf3.) i always wondered when i was gonna see a new (really new) kof game with new sprites and such but it never happened, will it ever happen?

games_sk

Mr. Big's Thug
SNK were doing fine with yearly releases but I would say Playmore should release one every two years for obvious reasons. :)

Tea

n00b
The games would definately benifit from waiting an extra year or so. I'm tired of seeing the same exact sprites from 4 years ago being re-used over and over, with minor, if any, changes, especially when the company has switched to using a much more powerful platform like the AW.

Now... if they take 2 years and still don't update anything.....

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
I wouldn't mind the King of Fighters series to be released annually but considering the fact that SNK Playmore is focusing on more things other then this It'll probably be another year till the next saga after KOFXI. Don't sweat though, I hear KOF-MI:2 is being released in Japan later this year so to some degree this will probably keep the tradition alive, though not in the same sense as was anticipated.

Well i chose this one....Make it every other year, it will give them more time to work on it, and anticipation will make it that much sweeter.

Because the game would benefit and im tired of viewing the same old sprites, while with having a year extra they could go for some new clothes, good background, some new players. (At least one or two).

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
Hakkai said:
I wouldn't mind the King of Fighters series to be released annually but considering the fact that SNK Playmore is focusing on more things other then this It'll probably be another year till the next saga after KOFXI.

Awww man, so KOF 12 probably won't come out till 2008?:crying:

Hakkai

Dodgeball Yakuza
15 Year Member
_Exiled_ said:
Awww man, so KOF 12 probably won't come out till 2008?:crying:

I was thinking more of the lines of next year but hey unless they start releasing some info, who knows at this point.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
I really hope it's next year, as I'm so anticipated to see how the story will end in 12. Also, there are lots of loopholes that need answering in my case ^_^

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
just one question for the always there ripoff/cut&paste complainers

how many fgt games feature new sprites between each chapter?

i mean, street fighter have the same sprites from CE to HSF (and those are at least 5-6 games)
alpha/zero serie have the same characters with same sprites
street fighter 3 serie have the same sprite between 3 chapters

guilty gear is a constant ripoff of itself with some tunings and/or one or 2 new character

and even in non fgt games sprites/systems/ideas are continuously rehashed

so why still ppl complain about kof?'cause it's only an easy prey?'cause it can have lacks that are more important than sprite cut&paste but no one knows about and prefer to fill up his mouth with the rehash topic?

Clessy

Banned
I'm the only person in the world who believe this but, I thought 2000 was a pos and really loved the absolute change that was 2k1. Also 2k3 and XI where amazing. I think SNKP has the quality to bring out a solid kof every year but, I think SNKP is neglecting almost all of its other ips and really need to bring some of its other series into the next gen.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
RVF400 said:
i loved KOF2002, it is my third fav next to KOF98 and KOF96.
shame it still costs to much on MVS otherwise i'd have it right now!

my faves are also 98 96 and 02 coming in third.

Toastyrokr

n00b
KOF 2002 is prob my favorite kof (BUT i was deprived and never had 98 which i am trying to get...see 98 combo's thread for more info) its a lot of fun and my favorite team is there

Shermie
Mature
Kula/Shingo

DanDead

n00b
Err, my favrouate is KOFXI followed by 98 due to me owning that one on the NeoGeo then 02 thanks to the PS2 version.

The reason why I perfer KOFXI more is because they have refreshed the roaster with some new characters (and bringing back some old favrouates, thanks for Duck King SNKp!) and gotten rid of some of the "dead weight" some might say as well as tweaked the gameplay so it's a bit faster paced.

I just wish now that they would age some of the long standing figthers. I mean how old is Yuri now? She still looks like she's just 17 still, trapped forever in the cruel clutches of pubitity poor dear... :lolz:

arifjin444

n00b
i would go for once every other year , the reason being the same that you need more time to settle with one game. the king of fighter may be a 2d game but it is the most complicated game among the 2d games , and if you are into combos it is a whole different scenario. so i would go for a gap in between the releases.