King of Fighters: Time For A New Method To The Madness?

KOF: Annual or Biennial?

• The KOF Tournament should still be yearly, even if it means recycled sprites, bad hit detection, etc

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Make it every other year, it will give them more time to work on it, and anticipation will make it t

Votes: 147 62.3%

• Total voters

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
i voted for annually, why?

because, KOF is like christmas for me... its somthing i always look forward to each year, i know i t may sound stupid, but i guess i just love the series..., ever since kof96, i was waitng eagerly for the yearly releases... also like christmas, some are bad years, some are good years, few are great years (98 anyone?)....

so as some people said, kof is like.. tradition (for snk fans i guess)

Overkill Geyser

Ninja Combat Warrior
With all of the gripes and complaints... not to mention the feeling of playing something "re-hashed", I agree that it should be bi-yearly.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I voted yearly, why ?
Because you can't make everyone happy. There's no way to make a KoF that everyone is gonna love. Everytime they add a new feature, some love it and others hate it. Then when they decide to drop that feature, same effect. Some get pissed that it's gone, while others are thankful.
Now, I'll admit I only own one (96'), but from reading reviews, watching vids and reading what others say, I feel that yearly has worked great so far. Each year they seem to change it up enough to give the game a new "feel" to it from the previous year( add fighters, drop some, add features, remove them..etc.). IMO that's what counts. I wouldn't wanna buy a game that plays 100% identical to the year before. Same game with just different BG's and music isn't really a new game.

Robert

20 Year Member
Abasuto said:
I voted yearly, why ?
Because you can't make everyone happy. There's no way to make a KoF that everyone is gonna love. Everytime they add a new feature, some love it and others hate it. Then when they decide to drop that feature, same effect. Some get pissed that it's gone, while others are thankful.
Now, I'll admit I only own one (96'), but from reading reviews, watching vids and reading what others say, I feel that yearly has worked great so far. Each year they seem to change it up enough to give the game a new "feel" to it from the previous year( add fighters, drop some, add features, remove them..etc.). IMO that's what counts. I wouldn't wanna buy a game that plays 100% identical to the year before. Same game with just different BG's and music isn't really a new game.

This comment makes sense.

igniz'

n00b
2003 was a huge improvement from 2k2... for me anyways... duo lon made me kick ass ^_^

Terry#1

n00b
Yearly

I voted that it should stay as is.The KOFs are awesome fighters with a massive following and one of the main reasons (besides the great characters and different fighting styles) is that people know they will graced by the presence of a new KOF every year.I dont want the game itself to suffer because it has been rushed either but as others have said they are getting better (KOF 2k3 rocks) and this is without skipping a year.I say we should leave it going the way it has been all these years and give SNKP the chance to keep bettering themselves.

(I will also be happy if they keep Terry Bogard in until the series finally runs its course.He is the man and always will be!!!)

Movie Quote: "Feel the storm.....its comming"

Terry Bogard,Fatal Fury The Motion Picture.

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
Annual but they should change their mind about the game.

I would vote for ANNUAL. But you see sometimes they are goin all the way to top and sometimes they are falling straight away from the sky to the gutter. 96(OK)->97(still an all time fav)->98(REVOLUTIONARY)->99(peak)->2K(NICE if the pirated ROMs are not encrypted :tickled: )->2K1(peak, if there is a pirated ROMs CD of the second edition too ;) )->2K2(OK)-2K3(SURE AND PURE BULLSHIT)
Well you see, the best kofs to my opinion (97 99 2K1) can come annually if they do work hard then why not now. But I propose that they should have a poll about the features that should be kept and features that should be removes and fighters that should be kept and those who should be removes then you will see that they wont just beat the bush (as they are doing now) but will make rocking games.

yagami_boy

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hmm....IMO, makin the year biennial breaks the KOF tradition. THey must do well like what they did in '96!

lone_REBEL

Armored Scrum Object
YEARLY its an addiction to me man ...!

Man they should make it yearly (its like a heroine dose to a gaming addict like me), making it biennial would straight away kill many like me of starvation but you see they just don't know what changes they should make and what to throw away, thats the basic reason. Now you see that Terry Bogard was in his peak in 98 except just for his fireball. Same with Robert but in 99 they shit them all they way. Now knowing what to do is the basic thing. There is such a hell difference between 2K1 Robert and 2K Robert that it was a surprising shock for me. Changing a character from commands (e.g. hcf, dp, qcf) to charge (charge b, f and charge d, u) is really a COMPLETE change in the strategy of the character. Now what they have done is merely changing him from commands to charge in 99 and back to commands in 2K1 with all the same basic moves and DMs. :blow_top: Its not what I call change. Change is something that comes gradually not like totally ragging someone in one jerk. I vote for a poll where all fanatics should vote for features that should be removed and features that should be kept and yet keeping the game yearly. :drool_2:

Sonic Blast

NEST Puppet
I would gladly wait every other year for a better KOF. New sprites, different costumes, new moves and maybe a new fight engine plus the added anticipation of waiting for the release would be like waiting for the 1st time to screw your new girlfriend! :buttrock:

I voted bi-annual. Not because I think there's anything particularly wrong with the KOF series (The aesthetics notwithstanding, but that's been a problem almost a decade), but because I'd like to see SNK expand on some of its other properties a bit more, perhaps use the things they try out in future KOFs. Also, time could be spent, oh I don't know, porting the previous KOF and other SNK products to the PS2/Xbox so that people like me who can't spend $300+ on a game can buy them as well. Nothing wrong with larger availablility.

CoolMoe

n00b
I voted bi-annual, but it doesn't really matter much to me. I think that regardless of time spent on the new KOF, it's best days (or years I should say) are in the past. Back in the old years (the '94-'98 years) IMO, were by far the best ones they could've made, I think, because they were so basic, yet so deep at the same time. IMO, I think it would be best if KOF finally ended in 2004 on the 10th anniversary.

Terry#1

n00b
?

Well with the way things are going now doesn't this mean that KoF has been changed from yearly? If so then that could be the end of this poll.

G-Product

Benimaru's Hairdresser
there is a possibility that KOF 02 will be at Evo this year. But I'd rather have 98 or 03

M

MasterKiller

voted every other year as well.

It would be awesome if SNK worked really hard to change the whole series; such as changing the sprite animations for example. I do love the way KOF always looked, but I would love to see some of my favorite characters in better animation. Maybe something like the Guilty Gear series.

yeah ... :help: I Waiting for a new Version of KoF 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 ... cozz itz to play jerk at my home ... w/ my Stupidness Friendz here !!! ...

i hope i dont miss the topic!!! ... :oh_no:

neo>all

Super nO0b
Dark Krizalid said:
yeah ... :help: I Waiting for a new Version of KoF 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 ... cozz itz to play jerk at my home ... w/ my Stupidness Friendz here !!! ...

i hope i dont miss the topic!!! ... :oh_no:

engrish?

Valentini

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I voted for an annual KOF,who more is,I think sincerely that an effort has been carried out between the
2001,the 2002 and the 2003,in now than the series passes under Atomiswave,I think that graphically it can only be an evolution. ;)

Capt. Takehiko

Crossed Swords Squire
It seems like Playmore is now doing it whenever its ready but it doesn't seem to have stopped recycled sprites etc and I will be astounded if there are 3 or more after XI.