Just watched the SS64 anime

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Just finished watching this. A solid anime and great for fans of the SS64 games. It apears to occur in between the two games. I don't wanna say to much to spoil it for anyone (like someone else on this forum did to me)

I will say that it is miles ahead of the SS movie.

As far as how I got it I'll admit that it is a HK dvd which I don't typically advocate but there really isn't another way to get ahold of this.

slerch666

updyke,
EvilMike said:
Just finished watching this. A solid anime and great for fans of the SS64 games. It apears to occur in between the two games. I don't wanna say to much to spoil it for anyone (like someone else on this forum did to me)

I will say that it is miles ahead of the SS movie.

As far as how I got it I'll admit that it is a HK dvd which I don't typically advocate but there really isn't another way to get ahold of this.

Hey now, you CAN find actual legit copies, assuming you don't mind no subs. You're learning Japanese, it's perfect practice material! :D

You've entered the hall of shame, purchasing bootlegs, young grasshopper! :D (though I admit to almost breaking down and buying the Mazinger Z boots since the Japanese release is super expensive with NO subs (I don't know anywhere near enough Japanese to warrant spending $1000+ on a series I won't understand), but my conscience saved me).

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
It was better than the Samurai Spirits movie but not by much.

I havent seen the AOF one but man I heard it is poo gas.

The Fatal Fury OVAs and Movie are still the best and still some of the best fighting anime there is.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
MilkManX said:
It was better than the Samurai Spirits movie but not by much.

I havent seen the AOF one but man I heard it is poo gas.

The Fatal Fury OVAs and Movie are still the best and still some of the best fighting anime there is.

I like the FF animes I think this is better than the OVAs though and on par with Fatal Fury the movie.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
The fatal fury animes are more complete than teh SS ova. The SS ova was only 2/4 parts. What happened with the rest of it? They simply dropped production. That's why it's so painful to watch.

That and the shitty use of the bust and slash nakoruru.

PICK ONE, AND GO WITH THAT.

Gawd, I hate the idea of 2 Naks. 1 is bad enough.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I want so badly to see the AOF ova, I've seen the SS one (bad in a funny way) the FF ones (not too bad, silver hair in part one pretty silly). But when I hear reviewers say that AOF's animation is "on par with speed racer"...

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
The AOF anime will actually make you dislike AOF. Save your image of AOF and save yourself the pain from watching it.

slerch666

updyke,
NeoEsZ said:
The AOF anime will actually make you dislike AOF. Save your image of AOF and save yourself the pain from watching it.

I especially love how they appear to run the Rainbow Coalition Dojo. Take a look at the sign for the Dojo and you'll see what I mean.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
NeoEsZ said:

They even changed Ryo's name to Ryu and the characters look all retarded. I think they gave Ryo brown hair, just looking at the box was enough for me to know I'd be better off watching my cat take a shit.