Candy cab Europe?

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
Im in the process of looking to buying a neo sitdown candy , I would prefer buying from Europe.
Any of you guys have any places
besides Arcade rick in Germany?

Also if someone has one for sale, Please send
pictures to my e -mail.

Has anyone of you imported a candy from the US.
Do you know what the shipping cost would be,
and is there any difficulties transforming the
Electricity output to European standards ?

Thank you.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, I think just the shipping from USA would be more expensive that the cab itself... About power problems, most arcade PSU's feature a 110V/220V selector so it shouldn't be a prob, but you might have to get a plug adaptor.

Personally, I think that for we Europeans a supergun is much better than a cab, as out TVs support RGB.

Fedor

New Challenger
Amano Jacu said:
Personally, I think that for we Europeans a supergun is much better than a cab, as out TVs support RGB.

But imo a cab still owns any super gun

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Fedor said:
But imo a cab still owns any super gun

Maybe, but it has many advantages... It should be much cheaper and easy to find, it takes much less room (and this is a serious problem in Europe), it is easier to modifiy to suit your needs, it is less likely to malfunction (cabs can be old, and the cab monitor is dangerous), a TV can output a RGB image even better than any arcade monitor, you can construct your own controller or modify your favourite console one... Etc.

Fedor

New Challenger
Amano Jacu said:
Maybe, but it has many advantages... It should be much cheaper and easy to find, it takes much less room (and this is a serious problem in Europe), it is easier to modifiy to suit your needs, it is less likely to malfunction (cabs can be old, and the cab monitor is dangerous), a TV can output a RGB image even better than any arcade monitor, you can construct your own controller or modify your favourite console one... Etc.

Sure ! But only a cab gives you the real arcade feeling. The feeling man. The spirit of the NEO :glee:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Well said, any original SNK cab cannot even be compared
to some measly supergun. :glee:

Fedor said:
Sure ! But only a cab gives you the real arcade feeling. The feeling man. The spirit of the NEO :glee:

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
About power problems, most arcade PSU's feature a 110V/220V selector so it shouldn't be a prob

I doubt it. That holds true for PSUs from China or Taiwan but Japanese PSU typically don't have such a selector. And even if they do the monitor may only work at 100V so that switching to 230V will result in damage to the monitor. Never take electricity issues light-heartedly...

candycab

Vice's Love Slave
Just to let you know , I checked a few places for another member here who is in Germany and the shipping dimensions for a 25' - 29' candy cab was averaging around $2300,00 from California.

So unless you dont mind paying it shipping from the US to Europe isnt a very good idea.

I should add that it doesnt get any cheaper for a 19' since they all fit in this space and they ship bye cubic volume instead of weight :(

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
MKL said:
I doubt it. That holds true for PSUs from China or Taiwan but Japanese PSU typically don't have such a selector. And even if they do the monitor may only work at 100V so that switching to 230V will result in damage to the monitor. Never take electricity issues light-heartedly...

Well, obviously you need to have a look at the specs of the system before doing anything, I'm not taking anything light-heartedly... Anyway, you can always use a step-down converter if needed.

And about the true feeling, I don't need to discuss it (been here, done that), but well... :rolleyes: I'm wondering what the AES is for then... :cool:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Nomax said:

Let me explain that... In US, it's quite usual for people to live in uni-familiar houses (with its door in the ground level) with something like a basement, garage or spare room, so having a cab is not that big of an issue.

However, in Europe (or at least in most places I've been to), people usually lives in flats (which are not at ground level) without all that room, so taking a cab there can be a problem. Of course, you may be luckier than me.

Finally, buying a cab in US seems much easier, as they have acade auctions and stuff like that. Here in Spain, a particular person cannot legally buy a cab: they are all registered and pay taxes (as you are supposed to use them to earn money), if you want to unregister one, then you must certify it's been DESTROYED. Again, this may not be the case in the rest of Europe.

@Harry: If you still want a cab, my suggestion is that, before having it shipped from another country, you contact the local arcade industry of your country, you may be lucky.

Mauski

n00b
Amano Jacu said:

How is a cab monitor dangerous?

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
Amano Jacu said:
Let me explain that... In US, it's quite usual for people to live in uni-familiar houses (with its door in the ground level) with something like a basement, garage or spare room, so having a cab is not that big of an issue.

However, in Europe (or at least in most places I've been to), people usually lives in flats (which are not at ground level) without all that room, so taking a cab there can be a problem. Of course, you may be luckier than me.

Finally, buying a cab in US seems much easier, as they have acade auctions and stuff like that. Here in Spain, a particular person cannot legally buy a cab: they are all registered and pay taxes (as you are supposed to use them to earn money), if you want to unregister one, then you must certify it's been DESTROYED. Again, this may not be the case in the rest of Europe.

@Harry: If you still want a cab, my suggestion is that, before having it shipped from another country, you contact the local arcade industry of your country, you may be lucky.

Amano thank you., yes that thought of the
size of the candy have crossed my mind.
And I live in a flat on the 12 th floor so
I dont live in a house, villa.
And hopefully the elevators are working
the day of arrival :D

I dont think that those rules used in Spain
About unregistering, and such
are the same as here i Sweden.
So I dont think theres a legal problem to it.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Mauski said:
How is a cab monitor dangerous?

Monitors hold somewhere near 20 thousand to 30 thousand volts! They can still hold thousands of volts even after being unplugged for a length of time. Moving, mounting and most especially discharing a monitor should be done carefully. Not doing so can get you killed. Not only can you shock yourself, you can get nasty collateral damage. The force of the shock could send your arm flying into sharp metal, glass, etc... Someone one posted that after shocking themselves on their monitor the force of the shock flung their arm out so hard their screwdriver imbedded itself into the wall across the room. Also, if you drop the monitor, it will probably implode - read that as a mini-bomb going off with you at ground zero. Glass shards can't be fun. Please be careful - the minute you don't take this seriously, it will get you.

http://www.arcadecontrols.com/arcade_monitors.shtml

BlindDrunk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Vektorlogic just imported a container load of candy cabs so It might be worth emailing them. And make sure you get a heavy duty step-down.

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
BlindDrunk said:
Vektorlogic just imported a container load of candy cabs so It might be worth emailing them. And make sure you get a heavy duty step-down.

Thanks

Do you have any e- mail or phonenr to
them?
Where are they located?

Denus

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Harry Hazard said:
Im in the process of looking to buying a neo sitdown candy , I would prefer buying from Europe.
Any of you guys have any places
besides Arcade rick in Germany?

Just wondering: what's wrong with arcaderick.de (TAC Arcade Solutions)?
I placed an order of 526 Euro there.... :spock:

BlindDrunk

Kuroko's Training Dummy
He will lie about the shipping dates, but you will get It in the end.

The only way to order from ArcadeRick is to pay with paypal via credit card, initiate a complaint after 5 days - this will make him actually send the item as he will have to provide a tracking number.

Spawn76

New Challenger
I have a really nice SEGA New Astro City Candy Cab...Location FRANCE near Paris...

PM if you are interested

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
Try to get the stuff localy Harry Hazzard, There are cabs to be bought for as little as $250 in the country your living in.

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
Pingu said:
Try to get the stuff localy Harry Hazzard, There are cabs to be bought for as little as $250 in the country your living in.

I already bought a candy mvs29
but the price where way over 250$

Now I wanna show it to you, is it
possible postin images not online?

Pingu. where can I find cabs for that price?:drool_2:

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
Candy cab

here it is below.

_splash_neogeo.jpg