Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Candy cab Europe?

  1. #1
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261

    Candy cab Europe?

    Im in the process of looking to buying a neo sitdown candy , I would prefer buying from Europe.
    Any of you guys have any places
    besides Arcade rick in Germany?

    Also if someone has one for sale, Please send
    pictures to my e -mail.


    Has anyone of you imported a candy from the US.
    Do you know what the shipping cost would be,
    and is there any difficulties transforming the
    Electricity output to European standards ?

    Thank you.
    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

  2. #2
    Charles Barkley Amano Jacu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)

    Posts
    8,415
    Well, I think just the shipping from USA would be more expensive that the cab itself... About power problems, most arcade PSU's feature a 110V/220V selector so it shouldn't be a prob, but you might have to get a plug adaptor.

    Personally, I think that for we Europeans a supergun is much better than a cab, as out TVs support RGB.

  3. #3
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Fedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    under the bridge
    Posts
    63
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    Personally, I think that for we Europeans a supergun is much better than a cab, as out TVs support RGB.
    But imo a cab still owns any super gun

  4. #4
    Charles Barkley Amano Jacu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)

    Posts
    8,415
    Originally posted by Fedor
    But imo a cab still owns any super gun
    Maybe, but it has many advantages... It should be much cheaper and easy to find, it takes much less room (and this is a serious problem in Europe), it is easier to modifiy to suit your needs, it is less likely to malfunction (cabs can be old, and the cab monitor is dangerous), a TV can output a RGB image even better than any arcade monitor, you can construct your own controller or modify your favourite console one... Etc.

  5. #5
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    Fedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    under the bridge
    Posts
    63
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    Maybe, but it has many advantages... It should be much cheaper and easy to find, it takes much less room (and this is a serious problem in Europe), it is easier to modifiy to suit your needs, it is less likely to malfunction (cabs can be old, and the cab monitor is dangerous), a TV can output a RGB image even better than any arcade monitor, you can construct your own controller or modify your favourite console one... Etc.
    Sure ! But only a cab gives you the real arcade feeling. The feeling man. The spirit of the NEO

  6. #6
    Well said, any original SNK cab cannot even be compared
    to some measly supergun.

    Originally posted by Fedor
    Sure ! But only a cab gives you the real arcade feeling. The feeling man. The spirit of the NEO


    Biggest fan of Seņor Spelbergo

  7. #7

    MKL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Italy

    Posts
    3,608
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    About power problems, most arcade PSU's feature a 110V/220V selector so it shouldn't be a prob
    I doubt it. That holds true for PSUs from China or Taiwan but Japanese PSU typically don't have such a selector. And even if they do the monitor may only work at 100V so that switching to 230V will result in damage to the monitor. Never take electricity issues light-heartedly...

  8. #8
    Vice's Love Slave
    candycab's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    monterey bay
    Posts
    2,167
    Just to let you know , I checked a few places for another member here who is in Germany and the shipping dimensions for a 25' - 29' candy cab was averaging around $2300,00 from California.

    So unless you dont mind paying it shipping from the US to Europe isnt a very good idea.

    I should add that it doesnt get any cheaper for a 19' since they all fit in this space and they ship bye cubic volume instead of weight
    Last edited by candycab; 11-09-2003 at 02:54 PM.
    YOU CAN HAVE MY NEO TURF MASTERS WHEN YOU PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD LIFELESS HANDS !


    Still searching for intelligent life

    My Neo, PlayStation cab and other stuff

    Shoot me a PM for mini marquee scans

  9. #9
    Charles Barkley Amano Jacu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)

    Posts
    8,415
    Originally posted by MKL
    I doubt it. That holds true for PSUs from China or Taiwan but Japanese PSU typically don't have such a selector. And even if they do the monitor may only work at 100V so that switching to 230V will result in damage to the monitor. Never take electricity issues light-heartedly...
    Well, obviously you need to have a look at the specs of the system before doing anything, I'm not taking anything light-heartedly... Anyway, you can always use a step-down converter if needed.

    And about the true feeling, I don't need to discuss it (been here, done that), but well... I'm wondering what the AES is for then...

  10. #10
    Geese's Thug
    Nomax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Belgium

    Posts
    288
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    it takes much less room (and this is a serious problem in Europe)
    MV-2F MVS #527708 (Euro)

  11. #11
    Charles Barkley Amano Jacu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)

    Posts
    8,415
    Originally posted by Nomax
    Let me explain that... In US, it's quite usual for people to live in uni-familiar houses (with its door in the ground level) with something like a basement, garage or spare room, so having a cab is not that big of an issue.

    However, in Europe (or at least in most places I've been to), people usually lives in flats (which are not at ground level) without all that room, so taking a cab there can be a problem. Of course, you may be luckier than me.

    Finally, buying a cab in US seems much easier, as they have acade auctions and stuff like that. Here in Spain, a particular person cannot legally buy a cab: they are all registered and pay taxes (as you are supposed to use them to earn money), if you want to unregister one, then you must certify it's been DESTROYED. Again, this may not be the case in the rest of Europe.

    @Harry: If you still want a cab, my suggestion is that, before having it shipped from another country, you contact the local arcade industry of your country, you may be lucky.

  12. #12
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    21
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    Maybe, but it has many advantages... It should be much cheaper and easy to find, it takes much less room (and this is a serious problem in Europe), it is easier to modifiy to suit your needs, it is less likely to malfunction (cabs can be old, and the cab monitor is dangerous), a TV can output a RGB image even better than any arcade monitor, you can construct your own controller or modify your favourite console one... Etc.
    How is a cab monitor dangerous?

  13. #13
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    Let me explain that... In US, it's quite usual for people to live in uni-familiar houses (with its door in the ground level) with something like a basement, garage or spare room, so having a cab is not that big of an issue.

    However, in Europe (or at least in most places I've been to), people usually lives in flats (which are not at ground level) without all that room, so taking a cab there can be a problem. Of course, you may be luckier than me.

    Finally, buying a cab in US seems much easier, as they have acade auctions and stuff like that. Here in Spain, a particular person cannot legally buy a cab: they are all registered and pay taxes (as you are supposed to use them to earn money), if you want to unregister one, then you must certify it's been DESTROYED. Again, this may not be the case in the rest of Europe.

    @Harry: If you still want a cab, my suggestion is that, before having it shipped from another country, you contact the local arcade industry of your country, you may be lucky.


    Amano thank you., yes that thought of the
    size of the candy have crossed my mind.
    And I live in a flat on the 12 th floor so
    I dont live in a house, villa.
    And hopefully the elevators are working
    the day of arrival


    I dont think that those rules used in Spain
    About unregistering, and such
    are the same as here i Sweden.
    So I dont think theres a legal problem to it.
    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

  14. #14
    Charles Barkley Amano Jacu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)

    Posts
    8,415
    Originally posted by Mauski
    How is a cab monitor dangerous?
    Monitors hold somewhere near 20 thousand to 30 thousand volts! They can still hold thousands of volts even after being unplugged for a length of time. Moving, mounting and most especially discharing a monitor should be done carefully. Not doing so can get you killed. Not only can you shock yourself, you can get nasty collateral damage. The force of the shock could send your arm flying into sharp metal, glass, etc... Someone one posted that after shocking themselves on their monitor the force of the shock flung their arm out so hard their screwdriver imbedded itself into the wall across the room. Also, if you drop the monitor, it will probably implode - read that as a mini-bomb going off with you at ground zero. Glass shards can't be fun. Please be careful - the minute you don't take this seriously, it will get you.
    http://www.arcadecontrols.com/arcade_monitors.shtml

  15. #15
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    70
    Vektorlogic just imported a container load of candy cabs so It might be worth emailing them. And make sure you get a heavy duty step-down.

  16. #16
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261
    Originally posted by BlindDrunk
    Vektorlogic just imported a container load of candy cabs so It might be worth emailing them. And make sure you get a heavy duty step-down.

    Thanks

    Do you have any e- mail or phonenr to
    them?
    Where are they located?
    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

  17. #17
    Charles Barkley Amano Jacu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Barcelona (Catalonia)

    Posts
    8,415
    Originally posted by Harry Hazard
    Thanks

    Do you have any e- mail or phonenr to
    them?
    Where are they located?
    http://www.vektorlogic.com/

    Vektorlogic Limited
    Unit 4 Nestfield Industrial Estate
    Darlington
    County Durham
    DL1 2NW
    United Kingdom

    Telephone: 01325 485698 Fax: 01325 488466

  18. #18
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261
    Originally posted by Amano Jacu
    http://www.vektorlogic.com/

    Vektorlogic Limited
    Unit 4 Nestfield Industrial Estate
    Darlington
    County Durham
    DL1 2NW
    United Kingdom

    Telephone: 01325 485698 Fax: 01325 488466
    Thanks
    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

  19. #19
    Kuroko's Training Dummy
    Denus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Six Feet Under
    Posts
    73

    Re: Candy cab Europe?

    Originally posted by Harry Hazard
    Im in the process of looking to buying a neo sitdown candy , I would prefer buying from Europe.
    Any of you guys have any places
    besides Arcade rick in Germany?
    Just wondering: what's wrong with arcaderick.de (TAC Arcade Solutions)?
    I placed an order of 526 Euro there....

  20. #20
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261
    Nothing wrong at all, as far as I heard.
    But it seems he only has one type of neocab
    for sale. ?
    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

  21. #21
    Kuroko's Training Dummy

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    70
    He will lie about the shipping dates, but you will get It in the end.

    The only way to order from ArcadeRick is to pay with paypal via credit card, initiate a complaint after 5 days - this will make him actually send the item as he will have to provide a tracking number.

  22. #22
    Lazy SNK Employee
    Spawn76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    FRANCE
    Posts
    53

    icon18.gif

    I have a really nice SEGA New Astro City Candy Cab...Location FRANCE near Paris...

    PM if you are interested

  23. #23
    Hardened Shock Trooper

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    443
    Try to get the stuff localy Harry Hazzard, There are cabs to be bought for as little as $250 in the country your living in.

  24. #24
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261
    Originally posted by Pingu
    Try to get the stuff localy Harry Hazzard, There are cabs to be bought for as little as $250 in the country your living in.

    I already bought a candy mvs29
    but the price where way over 250$

    Now I wanna show it to you, is it
    possible postin images not online?

    Pingu. where can I find cabs for that price?
    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

  25. #25
    Lurker

    Harry Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Stockholm

    Posts
    261

    Candy cab

    here it is below.

    Great people Ive dealt with on NG.com
    Seller/ Buyers/ Traders

    BigBear, Bahamut, Nash, Trieu, Pedu, Greatkiller, Bulletnyoass, Mad4snk,*Chucky*, Ray young, Laurent, Kyosnk, Anuwat, Deffty, Joemccabe, Djhov, Rugal2000, Frazer99, Kenny boy, Anti, Temjin, Suicidekiller, Gamemaster, Dralair, Son of bael, Tung fu rue, Samurai X ,Tomcat, Neoryu, Tylerdurden6282, Curt


    Looking for Euro AES carts. Mint / Near mint++

    Ninja Commando
    Double dragon
    King of fighters 97
    Last resort

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •