Not rocket science, but . . .

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
OK, I have had a Hyper 64 for probably a couple of years. Alas, I only have one cabinet (I know, poor me). What this means is that my 4 slot is in the cabinet and hooked up about 99% of the time. It's just too much of a pain to swap the boards out. For any of you that have the dedicated 4 slot cabs, you know how many cables actually attach to the mother board, so it's not a simple board switch out (provided you have your mem card board hooked up). Well, I have been wanting to play my H64 games for a while now, but I also play my MVS almost daily as well. What's a poor player to do? :spock:

Intall a shelf!!! Ha ha. Check out my major mod!

MVS_shelf.jpg

Ok, so it's not that big a deal, but it sure makes playing my H64, or any other board I have, a lot easier. I don't have to unhook all the cables from my MVS board. All I have to do is drop the JAMMA harness down to the next level.

Of course, connecting the JAMMA to the H64 is a royal pain in the ass. Here's why. For those of you that have the dedicated 4 slots, you know that the JAMMA harness is on a very short leash. As such, I needed to make the shelf really close to the main shelf that holds the 4 slot. Now the hard part. I need to attach the JAMMA to the H64 by accessing it thru the coin door. :oh_no: It's really tricky. I kind of have it figured out now, but it's still hard to do.

Anyway, long story short, it's a lot easier for me to play H64 games now, for which I am pleased.

Oh, and here's my other mega-cab-mod, ha ha.:glee:

MVS_wheels.jpg

Yes!!! It's Wheels! Unbelievable, I know. Seriously though, when switching stuff out, cleaning and just general ease of movement, you can't beat a nice set of wheels. Not plastic shit, either. If you try something like this, get the rubber wheels. Each wheel is rated at 200 lbs., so no worries about stress. Anyway, I like 'em.

PS . . . Anyone know if there are things like JAMMA harness extensions out there that are ready made?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
That is awesome, I have a fourslot just like that, those wheels would be soooooo handy, especially since I'm moving in another month or so.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
:D That's so awesome..

That was a great Idea putting a shelf in the cab..

I have a large fan in my cab so it takes up the room under the 4 slot shelf.
I may have a way around that though..
What Revision is your Hyper 64 board..?

So all your doing is plugging in the harness huh.?.(yes do I know that harness is short..,it's a pain..
That's why I'm on such a hunt for a second cab..

:p I have two sets of wheels I bought just incase I need to move my cab during a move without a dolly..
I have a small set and a set of industrial "big"wheels..
The big wheels are similar to the wheels seen on super market shopping carts.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
That's a nice little mod.

But what about building a jamma hub? You know, like those kind of AV selectors that let you plug several consoles and you choose which to display by pushing a button.

Just imagine that with three or four jamma inputs and a single output that plugs into the cab. Then you wouldn't need to mess arround pluging and unpluging all the time, just select which board you want to play by using a button. I don't know much about electronics, but I think that should be possible to build.

anyway, my situation is worse... I cannot find a cab anywhere (in my country) and I have to play with the controls and supergun on a chair, the motherboard in a second chair just beside and mount and unmount the whole thing everytime I want to play :(

I wish I had a cab!

[OCEAN]

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Ok,

If you go to www.therealbobroberts.com he sells a pre-made 3' Jamma Extension harness for $30.00.

As for a JAMMA hub, you can go a couple of routes. there are a few dual JAMMA selectors, but the one that I want is from www.multigame.com , look under MultiJAMMA kit. You can connect up to 8 motherboards from one JAMMA connector via IDE cables. This kit supports Neo Geo specifically, select button and all, all you have to do is wire up another select button for this kit and get another power supply for the motherboards as the kit uses the cabs power for itself. I think it says something that you have to ground all the PCB's on the kit. Other than that your in business. The amount of PCB's that I have already exceeds this kits capabilities, but I think I read somewhere you can link additional kits to raise the number of PCB's you can hook up. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to fit more than 2 motherboards into my Candy cab, so I'm going to build a box to put on the side of it for the PCB's & power supply. I hope this helps. :cool: