Metal Slug X level 1 high scores?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I will try again to get the maximum score in this game and I'll try to ask someone to take a camerashot.

I'll just need someone will have the kindness of hosting the pic later.;)

It's possible to get over 7,000,000+ . You might have some strategies! I have other ones too !

I've learned a lot from a lot of arcade gamers, than I performed that score at home. ( would you realize how many coins I would have lost :tickled: )

Gemant

Member,
Atrophyed said:
Hey, that depends on the dificulty level! not "ALL" of them take only 2 knife shots to die.

all my strategies are with LEVEL 4 default difficulty.

and 7.000.320 pts is with Level 4 difficulty. Hamu Hamu is a World recordman (from Japan) for metal slug x and 3.

with Level 8 is possible (probabilty) perform 7,400,000 pts + in metal sug x, but is considerate only Level 4

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I tried all the day to find out your secret in the 2nd stage boss... Ain't really easy to find out ! Can you tell what should I do there?

As for posting pics of high scores, I could easily post one if I use an emulator. Would be just a matter of taking a screenshot. Wouldn't have to borrow one justfor the matter.

The shield soldier trick you were talking about I got 6,500pts. but I can get around 4,500~5,000pts with the other shielded morden soldiers too. I'm also confused here.

As for stage 1 score, I did 977,320pts collecting apples and 986,710pts collecting the coins.

I think It's also possible to beat the 7,400,000 mark. one the last level, on the rolling bridge, there's a bug. It's very very hard to get it, but this it's how it works :

throw away all the iron lizards execpt one. walk up to the edge of the platform and throw it against the morden soldiers.one of them must stay alive ( those that throw rolling grenades ) then get back to the edge of the platform again. Morden soldiers will keep coming untill the timers stops. they will always come, and they're easy to knife up. to make this work you must stand on the platform over the 2 last possible pixels. If you don't make this correctly, either you not be able to kill the soldiers neither stand on the edge of the platform.

Gemant

Member,
I tried all the day to find out your secret in the 2nd stage boss... Ain't really easy to find out ! Can you tell what should I do there?

the boss is invulnerabile in some precise moments, during these moments you can shoot with Cannon or normal shoot and increase your score....

is possible wait these moments to obtain many points.

the boss energy not decrease during these attacks

this technique = + 20.000 pts

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
stage 1 point, hamu hamu + 15.000
stage 3, soldier with shield + 19.000
stage 2 boss + 20.000

HAMU HAMU have 54.000 pts + (to the comparison with your replay of 7,200,000). But Hamu Hamu score is 7,000,000.

and there are other many secrets.....

Hamu Hamu perform your strategy in rolling bridge (very similar but not identical)

I can believe to your record if I see it. Mame replay is good (no neorage x) maybe also with Kawaks but I'm not sure...

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
stage 1 point, hamu hamu + 15.000
stage 3, soldier with shield + 19.000
stage 2 boss + 20.000

HAMU HAMU have 54.000 pts + (to the comparison with your replay of 7,200,000). But Hamu Hamu score is 7,000,000.

and there are other many secrets.....

Hamu Hamu perform your strategy in rolling bridge (very similar but not identical)

I can believe to your record if I see it. Mame replay is good (no neorage x) maybe also with Kawaks but I'm not sure...

I beat the game again today. I haven't beat my record tough. I did 6,784,170. But I got +2 Hostages. I almost got no 30,000 Jewels.

Gemant, what are those those unvulnerable points the boss has ? If I perform that method + the shielded soldier trick, I think I'd be able to beat the 7,300,000pts mark. Can you just be a little more precise with those 2 tricks ? :)

Gemant

Member,
ok, this evening (for me, now is 15.00 p.m) I can help you....

but please, use mame replay for recording your record.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
ok, this evening (for me, now is 15.00 p.m) I can help you....

but please, use mame replay for recording your record.

Let me be clear at one point. :)

I must admit that I play well at this game, but for some reason I never play it with mame. It has to be In a MVS with the UNIBios ( to set it to AES mode ) , on a AES or on a Emulator that supports the AES bios.

Obviously Mame does not support it unfortunatelly.
Why do I chose AES mode ? because since I started to play Metal Slug 3, I used to try to play and get used of the "vulcan fix" option. There's no possibility to enable that option on the MS3 MVS Bios.

Now that I'm used to play with the vulcan fix, I die a lot while playing without it. :)

Gemant

Member,
load metal slug x with mame32, press TAB and select home version.

you can select home version during recording!

and set vulcan fix "on"....

now vulcan fix is already!

now, I want see your INP (6.800.000 pts +)

Gemant

Member,
msluggo.png

in this moment, the boss is invulnerable and you can use the CANNON.

Mauski

n00b
Odysseus said:
I saw him playing several times MSlugX , is really good fucking player!
He reaches easily,the 7.000.000 mark. without losing a single life in MVS mode!!Unbelievable

My brother beats this game each time with about 8000.000, and usually without losing lifes. Try to keep a tank or a plane with you when beating bosses, it gives nice extra.

Last edited:

Gemant

Member,
:shame: :lol:

7.200.000 is fake.

8.000.000 is double fake.

if someone can arrive to this record it would have to make a mame replay.... :rolleyes:

finish the game without losing a life = not great score. Because for obtain a maximum score is necessary sacrifice lives

Try to keep a tank or a plane with you when beating bosses, it gives nice extra.

this is the essential. It was not necessary to specify it, know all.

Gemant

Member,
i've read of all the things about metal slug x on this thread. To exceed the 7 milions on metal slug x it demands explanations, because it deals of records indeed absurd. But who says to exceed the record, don't has give the necessary explanations about the incredible techniques to obtain this record.

i've bring some questions that hid a trap. it deals of some secrets of the game that if known, allow to reach the seven milions to metal slug x. but the answers that i've had, have made to understand me that nothing of the following techniques is known by the gamers. so, without know such secrets, it's not possible to reach the 7 milions and it's more improbable reaching the 8 milions. the strategies that bring at the absolute result are always the same for any gamer (independently from the nationality), there aren't infinite techniques in order to succeed to us.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Hey Gemant, I have a problem with the last three POW's
that come out of the first mission's boss. Whenever I try
catching the third one to the right it always walks away,
any tips to catch him easier?

Last edited:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Jorge,

I have noticed that when I am on the Camel Slug or the Metal Slug I can easily catch the third POW before he exits the screen. It's only when I am on foot that I miss him. Seeing as I don't have as much experience with this game as most of you...I am not sure if being on foot is what makes the difference.

Phillip

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Bulletnyourass said:
Jorge,

I have noticed that when I am on the Camel Slug or the Metal Slug I can easily catch the third POW before he exits the screen. It's only when I am on foot that I miss him. Seeing as I don't have as much experience with this game as most of you...I am not sure if being on foot is what makes the difference.

Phillip

I guess is only possible with the tank then?
Because I sometimes get out of the tank and I have never
gotten that damn POW...:annoyed:

Gemant

Member,
xtoo_short20x said:
Hey Gemant, I have a problem with the last three POW's
that come out of the first mission's boss. Whenever I try
catching the third one to the right it always walks away,
any tips to catch him easier?

yes, there is a technique.

This evening I write the strategy.

Gemant

Member,
x1.jpg

shot always low... see your score: 196500 about.... after 10500/10800 pts (105/108 shoot) the low zone of the boss explodes.... and is possibile capture 3 prisoners...

x2.jpg

with camel slug you can capture 3 prisnoers, without risk

x3.jpg

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I have some pics of some of my performance now.

I'm quite far my 7,2million mark , but it's still an amazing score :) .

Don't worry Gemant, you'll see a better score than your buddy Hamu. :)

Can someone host the pics ?

My score : 6,777,290pts.
Reason for not reaching 7 Million+ : Lost my slug in the 4th Boss. ( damn that fucking canon :angry: )

PS: I still don't know how you do the trick in the second boss and the shielded soldier thingy in the train stage. Could skyrocket a lot more the score.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
Atro send me a pic when you get a score you like, I'll host it

send it to

jviale@utk.edu

Thank you Lithy !

I'll be emailing you right away.

@Gemant : A friend of mine have a USB camera, I'll try to make him record a movie for you to see an huge score ! Please tell me those two tricks ! I'll try to make an even bigger record.:cool:

Gemant

Member,
I see the photo.....

recaptured prisoners: 106.......

:oh_no:

total prisoners in slug x are 100, not 106.....

you have used cheat :shame: