Neo Geo Land

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Neo Bomber Man said:
Boooo, I never knew where to look around Umeda. Actually I think the only arcade around there I ever even found was in the basement of the..... um.... well the building with the Gamers in it. It's a short walk from the station. So I did most of my playing in Shinsaibashi, Namba & Esaka. Sucks to have missed something so nearby.

You just missed some of the finer points of Central Osaka.

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Neo Bomber Man said:
Boooo, I never knew where to look around Umeda. Actually I think the only arcade around there I ever even found was in the basement of the..... um.... well the building with the Gamers in it. It's a short walk from the station. So I did most of my playing in Shinsaibashi, Namba & Esaka. Sucks to have missed something so nearby.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
We should set up some kind of Neo-Geo.com trip to Neo-Geo Land. I'd kill to go to Japan to check out were my favorite videogames are made. The place looks awesome. I really hope I can go there.

id be happy to do tours :)

Monte Carlo has some good comp. I still perfer to play at Game Newton when I really wanna throw down(I'm a 3s whore).

well kof, svc and alpha 3 monte carlo is tight.. where is game newton?

Somewhat related, I saw this from a particular bridge:

ahhh "that" sign.. ive seen that many a time from ebisubashi... went looking for the arcade myself one time :) they used to have lots of neogeo lands back in the late 90's.. i remember going to one at higashi osaka near my house on friday nights after work to challenge about the time 97 and lb1 were out.. that was fun.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
The inside is even prettier

Japan%20163.jpg

Japan%20164.jpg

Japan%20166.jpg

All from my trip in May. (I'm the fat white kid in the third pic)

Shawn is hosting other pictures of Neo Geo land and the SNK building that I took here

and if you are interested in all the non-snk pictures I took you can find em here on my site.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
eight one said:

Apparently.......

eight one said:
ahhh "that" sign.. ive seen that many a time from ebisubashi... went looking for the arcade myself one time they used to have lots of neogeo lands back in the late 90's.. i remember going to one at higashi osaka near my house on friday nights after work to challenge about the time 97 and lb1 were out.. that was fun.

Yes indeed, THAT sign. Those pics were a nice little diversion after a lengthy lunch at Ryugutei.

Just how many NGL's used to exist though? I only knew of the Esaka one, and one or two in Aichi. I know another one closed down summer last year I think, which someone posted photos of for having been there. Having weekly '97 competition is quite something to envy you for though.

Mike: The inside is good and bad. It is never the same twice. When I first stopped by last Oct./Nov., they had 40+ MVS games, lots of 50" cabinets, the t-shirts on sale w/the free poster; the whole works. It was really Neo Geo Land. Since then, never more than about 15~20 MVS titles, more "other stuff", always shifting cabinets around, nothing for sale now, they had fewer 50" ones during my last visit and so forth.

I would have taken inside photos too although as I once said, that "no photography" sign combined with the staff's constant evil-eyeing of me made me think otherwise about doing so. By the way, nice pic of Sofmap :) Their Neo section is not quite so large anymore.

edit: So as a few of us have been around there, has anyone ever been inside the SNK building? Do they even allow it? I never made it there during business hours hence why all my NGL & SNK building photos are against the night sky.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Any Pics of where the Slot machines are or what they look like?

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Oh I do miss the times that I got to go to Neo Geo Land:crying: I guess that I at least got to visit heaven and came back out again:D

If anyone ever geta the oppertunity to visit here, don't be bothered about what anyone else thinks as it'll be a long time again before you get a 2nd chance I imagine.

Long live Neo Geo Land:buttrock: How's life beezlebubble?

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I think Neo Geo Land looks a lot better for arcade gamers than either Neo Geo World did. The NGW in Tokyo Bay was much more geared toward casual game fans and couples on dates. It had only 3 candy cabs AFAIR. The one in Tsukuba had about 4 candies and like 5 or 6 big screens like the ones pictured in mike's pics. It was more community oriented, with bowling alleys and other stuff I can't quite remember.

I don't know if I would fly all the way over to Osaka to see NGL though. I kind of lost that lovin' feelin' for the Japanese.

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
EvilWasabi said:

I don't know if I would fly all the way over to Osaka to see NGL though. I kind of lost that lovin' feelin' for the Japanese.

What happened???

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Neo Bomber Man said:
edit: So as a few of us have been around there, has anyone ever been inside the SNK building? Do they even allow it? I never made it there during business hours hence why all my NGL & SNK building photos are against the night sky.

I actually have more pictures that shawn didn't put online. The entrance to the building has no human presence and there is an electric card reader if I remember correctly. So there is nothing for the public as far as I could tell.

In the one pic of softmap that is up you can't even see all the Neo stuff. I should just put all the pics up on my site. There isn't anything major missing but a few interesting things.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
One other thing.

I actually thought H.E.Y. in Akihabara was the best overall arcade I visited while I was in Japan. Part of that could be there I was there on a weekend and it was full. While I was in Neo Geo land at 1 pm on a Tuesday.

vib_ribbon

n00b
Thanks for this thread.

I never got to visit Neo Geo Land in Esaka before it closed. Recently, I made this "souvenir fridge magnet" to commemorate this iconic game center. I hope you like it.

IMG_20190604_143321.jpg

IMG_20190604_143348.jpg

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I like it... especially the Zeppelin... good job!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I miss the OGs that posted in this thread. Nice bump, and your magnet game is strong!

I remember the 'Neo Geo Land' amusement park being featured in SNK Vs Capcom: Card Fighter's Clash which was pretty cool.