Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
snk.jpg

ngl2.jpg

ngl1.jpg

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Damn I'd love to go there..

I would love to see more of what the inside looks like..

What's in there Candies etc..?

Where would I find a Slot Machine like the one I have in my sig being played at..?
I comes from Japan and Says SNK 2000..
Would they have my Slot machine in Neo Geo Land?

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
"And lo before me I see the gates to paradise."

idiot

n00b
I was there in August. It is truely a sight to behold.

There wasn't very much comp when I was there tho.:(

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
chris1 said:
What's in there Candies etc..?

Where would I find a Slot Machine like the one I have in my sig being played at..?
I comes from Japan and Says SNK 2000..
Would they have my Slot machine in Neo Geo Land?

Plenty of sit-down cabinets on the 2nd floor. 19" up to 50" cabinets at that. Same applies to the slot machines, kindly tucked away in the sizable back corner, although they of course are of uniform size.

The 1st NGL photo is actually located on the ground floor of the SNK building. They began converting the street level into another NGL back in March/April when I was last there, and this time I got to see it complete.

The only surviving full Neo Geo Land is that larger one across the road.

I also have larger images if anyone wants them for use as desktop backgrounds or anything.

Idiot: I found that late Saturday & Sunday nights seemed to draw the most players. In fact when I first began going there, around the time of the KOF 2002 release, they were holding weekly tournaments of the game every Sunday. This time I saw no such notices, though perhaps I failed to look thoroughly enough, who knows.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
great for loke tests.. if you want to get some good comp go to monte carlo in umeda... there are some kof players there who are absolute gods... the level of play is incredible and at least 2 points beyond anywhere else ive played in osaka..

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
beelzebubble said:
great for loke tests.. if you want to get some good comp go to monte carlo in umeda... there are some kof players there who are absolute gods... the level of play is incredible and at least 2 points beyond anywhere else ive played in osaka..

Boooo, I never knew where to look around Umeda. Actually I think the only arcade around there I ever even found was in the basement of the..... um.... well the building with the Gamers in it. It's a short walk from the station. So I did most of my playing in Shinsaibashi, Namba & Esaka. Sucks to have missed something so nearby.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
We should set up some kind of Neo-Geo.com trip to Neo-Geo Land. I'd kill to go to Japan to check out were my favorite videogames are made. The place looks awesome. I really hope I can go there.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Neo Bomber Man said:
Plenty of sit-down cabinets on the 2nd floor. 19" up to 50" cabinets at that. Same applies to the slot machines, kindly tucked away in the sizable back corner, although they of course are of uniform size.

The 1st NGL photo is actually located on the ground floor of the SNK building. They began converting the street level into another NGL back in March/April when I was last there, and this time I got to see it complete.

The only surviving full Neo Geo Land is that larger one across the road.

I also have larger images if anyone wants them for use as desktop backgrounds or anything.

Idiot: I found that late Saturday & Sunday nights seemed to draw the most players. In fact when I first began going there, around the time of the KOF 2002 release, they were holding weekly tournaments of the game every Sunday. This time I saw no such notices, though perhaps I failed to look thoroughly enough, who knows.

Oh,man that's sweet..

idiot

n00b
beelzebubble said:

Monte Carlo has some good comp. I still perfer to play at Game Newton when I really wanna throw down(I'm a 3s whore).

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Somewhat related, I saw this from a particular bridge:

snk-1.jpg

Although when I got to the other side, sadly, it was just a ghost town building:

snk-2.jpg

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
It'd fucking steal that sign, no joke. That would make an awesome addition to my house.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
Shinji said:
It'd fucking steal that sign, no joke. That would make an awesome addition to my house.
I think your pretty cool, but if you are even remotely serious, well dude that is totally lame. But I will give you the benifit of the doubt that it was a joke.;)

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
a quick off topic remark: They actually auctioned off the large disneyland marquee for like $4,500 from one of the resorts a bit ago on ebay. Each letter was about 4 ft long by 9 ft high, spelling out Disneyland. The real kicker was that if you bought it, you could not publicly display it. LOL, where you going to put 40 ft by 9 ft of letters?

bts: I sure hope they can keep NGL going for years to come. It looks like it would be high maintnence, and although SNK is still up and running via playmore, I don't know how much longer they will advertise as neo geo.