Is NINJA COMBAT possible to finish on one credit??

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
impossible. Just fry using less that three credits on the final boss. Not gonna happen.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
yeah, I'd be very doubtful of it being actually possible... but you never know with Japanese maniacs

I did a little messing around with it a long time ago for one-credit play, and couldn't get past... Stage 6, I think? It was severe bullshit. I hated that old man boss. Hell, I hated the fact that pretty much everyone could wipe out your character with one attack. Why even bother with a lifebar?

Gemant

Member,
ninja combat impossible??

no.... is difficult, but not impossible...

I have a mame replay (all clear) and I see some easy strategies...

is necessary know all enemy attacks, and the movements of the last boss...

Freelancer

Banned
The old man final boss is one thing, but the cheap shots that are given out by the most basic of enemies (like the pikemen and fat boxing guys) are enough to kill you with one hit. Collision detection is kind of off and the fact that there are swarms of these enemies on later levels doesn't help matters either.

Robert

20 Year Member
I remember having spent tons of credits with the last boss. I have given up, it was too difficult but perhaps that japanese neo masters can do this kind of impossible missions.

Ninja Combat is only fun for me if I play with Debug BIOS set on easiest. At least then, the damage is reasonably realistic.

Conversely, Playing Ninja Combat 2 (Sengoku 3), I always play on level 8.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
ninja combat impossible??

no.... is difficult, but not impossible...

I have a mame replay (all clear) and I see some easy strategies...

is necessary know all enemy attacks, and the movements of the last boss...

Ooh, I wanna see it :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I always rated Ninja Combat as one of those games that weren't meant to be finished, at least not with normal human reaction, but I could imagine that someone with masochistic tendencies could actually one-credit it...

Gemant, I would be interested in that mame replay too, but because of my slow PC, the only roms that really work with my (DOS) version of mame are arcade games from the early/mid 80s... I guess creating an mpeg off of this replay would be too much to ask for?

Gemant

Member,
DOWNLOAD

zip includes:

ninja combat rom+neogeo bios, correct mame32 version, ncombat inp file

sound default 44100
delete nvram

make a avi file is not problem Takumaji, but are necessary many days, because I'm not have many time free...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Yeah, thanks Gemant, but as I predicted, it does not run on my ole' PC and Win95.

Will try it on my friend's PC with WinXP, I just HAVE to see a one-credit finish of this game!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Even Pulstar Is possible... Everything is depending in the gamers mania !;)

theoretically speaking of course.
;)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
BBH said:
yeah, I'd be very doubtful of it being actually possible... but you never know with Japanese maniacs

I did a little messing around with it a long time ago for one-credit play, and couldn't get past... Stage 6, I think? It was severe bullshit. I hated that old man boss. Hell, I hated the fact that pretty much everyone could wipe out your character with one attack. Why even bother with a lifebar?

if you are going to post a pic of some very hot asian.you need to make sure it will load.now all i have seen is a leg below the knee,half a head.and 1/10 of some boob action.

i am very,very dissapointed

i will be checking in the future to see if it loads

make me proud

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Actually last boss is very easy to beat if you use female ninja (forgot her name).

If you use Ryu Hayabusa and other male fighters then you're fucked.....

Just my opinion :)

bump!

four years later, I played this game again, this time I didn´t went straight to the end. I stalled and milked points for a better score.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Turns out, milking makes this game a lot easier since every 1500 points you get a new live. So by finishing with 7333 points I had access to four extra lives instead of only two when I finished it with less than 4500.

The world record is above 20000 btw, now I know how it was done.

Last edited: