New Neo Fighter this March/April

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
How would that be... An RPG like Secret of Mana on the Neo... with an special memory card too :D

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Pantarou said:
How would that be... An RPG like Secret of Mana on the Neo... with an special memory card too :D

Nah, it's a new fantasy based fighter that Eolith is putting out.

Dark Awake is a fantasy style 2D fighter game developed by a Korean company, Eolith, and published by Taito. The graphics are distinctly different from traditional fighters, as the characters seem to be somewhat influenced by The Lord of the Rings and the art style that complements it.

The selection of characters includes an archer, a warrior, and a mage. Races include elves, trolls, and orcs. The game system adopts the striker system from SNK's King of Fighters 2000 but with a bit of a new arrangement. At the beginning of each stage in Dark Awake, the player can select a character to be his playable character. The player can replace them with an item, such as a healing potion or an invisible cloak. Items have many uses and can be used multiple times in a round. If the characters are not replaced by items, they can be called out to assist the player.

Also unique to Dark Awake is that characters on both the winner and loser's side rotate to the next fighter when a round ends.

Taito will also be publishing a puzzle game from developer Aiky named "Pocchitto Nyaa" which features falling pieces of blocks in the shape of cats and dogs that must be erased. The method of erasing the block pieces is to set them into a row and simply wait for a shining piece of the same color to come falling, but in order to receive a high score, the player must make branches extending out of each row. A higher score can be achieved when there are more branches extending out from a single row of blocks.

http://www.gamespot.com/arcade/driving/clubkart/news_6074978.html

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi: I had already heard about that game something like 1 month ago, are you sure that's the "secret" game we're talking about here ?
It could just be ANOTHER fighting game...

Below The Radar

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Gamefan said:
I could be way off here, but would it not be awesome if it were some fighter that contained characters from Magaician Lord, Robo Army, and say LOSJ?

GAMEFAN:buttrock:

Magician Lord? Impossible. ML is Alpha Denshi property.

Man now that we're talking about dream games, I made this thread in the Creative Forums about Ikari 4.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65997

Check it out.

Oh yeah, a Crystalis 2 would look tight on the Neo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Pantarou said:
I already replied after you said that, but yeah, I'd definitely love that too. I was hoping they'd make a similar game for NGPC before it died...

Also, it's supposed to be a new FIGHTER, so that kills all hopes for an RPG game. :p
Plus, RPG and NeoGeo/arcade don't fit together.
There might have been a similar game on Neo CD, but not on NeoGeo...

Anywaaaaay... Seiken Densetsu forever ! :buttrock:

Pantarou

Zero's Secretary
Well elts see then how this new fantasy fighter will be.I always liked the weapon throw at Kabuki Klash btw ^_^

Anywaaaaay... Seiken Densetsu forever !
Yeah!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Inazuma said:
tsukaesugi: I had already heard about that game something like 1 month ago, are you sure that's the "secret" game we're talking about here ?
It could just be ANOTHER fighting game...

It's just a guess... I did read somewhere that Dark Awake was going to be on MVS, but a) I can't remember where I read it, and b) it might have just been a rumor anyway.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
tsukaesugi said:
It's just a guess... I did read somewhere that Dark Awake was going to be on MVS, but a) I can't remember where I read it, and b) it might have just been a rumor anyway.

Isn't Dark Awake coming out in Nov or Dec?