MS5 Loke Test

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-Bishop/5514/diary/mslug5.html

Looks like they've added the ability to slide, which is done by pressing down+B, which for obvious reasons could be very slippery when trying to jump and shoot enemies below. You can shoot mid-slide, and jump out of it as well. The report indicates that the game is rather easy, but this could simply be for the location test. The game has almost all new backgrounds, and the usual green soldier guy doesn't make an appearance, at least not un-masked. All bosses are new, and very 'cool'. Only four missions, but mission 2 is pretty long. Mission one is in the amazon, and you start off riding a canoe. Mission two starts in a canyon. Mission 3 is urban. Mission 4 starts on the ground, but heads under water. Not sure if this is the final number of stages, but that's the report in a nutshell!

Thank insertcredit.com for the tip off.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Sounds like they've made an effort! Great news.

Though it is looking the great bankruptcy of '03 may streach into '04.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
4 wanky stages?

oh man, playmore can't do anything good.

OMG a down+b slide would have taken YEARS to conceptualize and implement.

dont'cha think

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Great to hear they have put effort in to this one.The whole game sounds quite fresh to me.Dunno about the slide button though but sounds interesting.Doubt it would top Metal Slug 3 [insert slug fav slug here] but then again what can?

Poor wallet though,no money :(

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
"The game has almost all new backgrounds"

Well, it is a new game, the sheer thought of making new art for a new slug must be beyond playmore, they can't see why you can't be happy with nacza's efforts for the next 16 years.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
kernow said:
4 wanky stages?

dont'cha think

You need to do more with your days than perfect your bitter put downs.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah, I guess it was pretty perfect. Thanks for noticing.

Slug one is king, always will be.

BlackSpy said:
You need to do more with your days than perfect your bitter put downs.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
Somebody can translate it?

BTW... the loke test was this saturday... and that's all we have? I wasn't specting as much pics as SVC's loke test but... come on! That's the only guy who went there with a cam??

kernow said:
4 wanky stages?

dont'cha think

OUCH! In support for what you said, that's my only complaint for MS3...

Level 5 of MS3 should have been divided into 2 stages, where Level 6 should start off after they launch. It would have been perfectly dramatic....

That's what kinda stunk about Last Resort... only 5 stages. At least they offered a 2nd quest.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Electroman said:

Level 5 of MS3 should have been divided into 2 stages, where Level 6 should start off after they launch. It would have been perfectly dramatic....

I agree 100%, stage 5 is far too long.

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I must say that this sounds more promising then anything about slug 4 did..

And for the stages: of course this game has more then 4 stages.. right, playmore ... ? :rolleyes:

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Kern is just bitter I forgot him in my recent war room post.
Everyone should be smilin' a new slug is on its wayyyyy

Robert

20 Year Member
At leat it's not a copy-paste from the other ones. Let see if the game will worth the attention. Down+B sound fresh even if I still don't see the point.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Robert said:
Down+B sound fresh even if I still don't see the point.
Slide under enemy bullets, get up close, slash with knife. Look flashy and get more points.

Now if only you could lock the position of the Slugs main gun....

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Shapermc said:
Slide under enemy bullets, get up close, slash with knife. Look flashy and get more points.

Now if only you could lock the position of the Slugs main gun....

Vulcan fix?

Freelancer

Banned
I like what I'm hearing from the loke test so far! Keep in mind that this is an early version and in the case of SVC, details and game elements were slowly trickled out over time.

It's gonna be one hell of an expensive year for me! :D

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think they should have stick to 6 missions for every Metal Slugs...
But then again, those are beta testing reports, the finished game may have more missions... Hopefully.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ahhh I want pics :p

Anyway, the new gameplay element seems interesting, hopefully there won't be any problems like in Slug 2 with the Slugnoid, seems every other time I jump out of the damn thing because I hit AB. 5 Missions...eh, I wish they would've kept to 6, Slug 3's Mission 5 is seemingly endless. New enemies I like, new backgrounds will stop people from trashing the game for reused content, and I hope the difficulty is either being judged by a Metal Slug master, or will be turned up by the final product.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finally some news on Metal Slug 5. The new sliding thing sounds interesting but i wonder how well it will work in practice.

bearing in mind that this IS a test- the point being that feedback can be taken into consideration and the final package edited for release...

Sounds great- good on playmore. they are caught between a rock and a hard place: dramatically change the format and you'll alienate most fans- recycle the past and you'll be accused of not moving with the times...