Hyper 64 games, how many are there?

trilian

n00b
Well, that's the question. I'm a newbie to the whole "owning arcade hardware" thing, so be nice :help:

slerch666

updyke,
4 fighters 4 racers and 1 light gun shooter (?).

Fighters:

Samurai Spirits 64 (known also as Samurai Tamashii (though we've already had a discussion about the Kanji in the name could also mean spirit, thus Samurai Spirits))
Samurai Spirits 2- Asura Zanmaden
Buriki One
Fatal Fury: Wild Ambition

Racers:

Road's Edge
Off Beat Racer!
Round Trip RV
Xtreme Rally

Shooter:

Beast Busters 2

One thing to keep in mind, there are 3 different motherboards for this one. Each game type requires a different board. Meaning you need a fighting board for fighters, racing board (with wheel and pedals) for racers and shooter board (with guns) for shooters.

I don't know about the others, but the figthing games are top tier games IMO. Definitely worth owning. I bought all my stuff from Vektorlogic, Ltd, though people have been having issues with them as of late.

This llist is as complete as I know. I was thinking there was another shooter, but I can't find any info on it. Anyone have any additions to make?

trilian

n00b
Thanks slerch666, I've got the fighter board apparently. I bought the Hyper 64 mother board from a friend just after he sold Samurai Shodown 64, so it must be for fighters.

The hunt begins, I suppose.

slerch666

updyke,
trilian said:
Thanks slerch666, I've got the fighter board apparently. I bought the Hyper 64 mother board from a friend just after he sold Samurai Shodown 64, so it must be for fighters.

The hunt begins, I suppose.

Be warned, there were some SamSpirit only boards, that ONLY run Samurai Spirits, and none of the other fighters. Hopefully you don't have that board...

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
slerch666 said:
Racers:

Road's Edge
Off Beat Racer!
Round Trip RV
Xtreme Rally

I could have sworn there were only two racing games. I'm pretty sure at least one of the racing games had two names. I could be wrong though there is so little info out there for HNG64 and what there is pertains to the fighters and the single shooter.

I did play one of the racing games when I was in Japan......It wasn't half bad.

EDIT: Spelling and wtf my 1000 post(well 1000th for the second time:make_fac: ) is somewhere no one will see it ahh well.

slerch666

updyke,
EvilMike said:
I could have sworn there were only two racing games. I'm pretty sure at least one of the racing games had two names. I could be wrong though there is so little info out there for HNG64 and what there is pertains to the fighters and the single shooter.

I did play one of the racing games when I was in Japan......It wasn't half bad.

EDIT: Spelling and wtf my 1000 post(well 1000th for the second time:make_fac: ) is somewhere no one will see it ahh well.

I was also thinking there were only 2, but when I started browsing the internet for info, one of the 3 sites I found had those 4 listed.

*sniff* I saw your 1000th post, aren't I somebody? *sniff*

Andy Geezer

Rugal's Thug
To clear up any possible confusion.

Road Edge and Round Trip RV are the same game (one is the world version, the other being the Japanese version).

Off Beat Racer and Extreme Rally are also the same game (one is world and the other being the Japanese version).