why do people get so mad about conversions

buster_broon

The Rock,
xtoo_short20x said:
I don't think conversions are that bad, I myself have some,
right buster :

Breakeeeeeeeeeeeers revengeeeeeeeeeee

Tremendous

i am a cheap ass dig and definately a son of a pitch, i have conversions of items which you can buy :crying:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Electroman said:
Not only will I not flame you, but I will stand by your side with a firehose... I couldn't agree with you more. SNKP would make some good money rereleasing the old stuff once again. I can think of a half-dozen titles I'd want to buy if they did that.

But if SNKP were to re-release older games, would that devalue existing 1st run stuff? Would MS1, MOTW, etc drop in value?

Electroman,

Yes it would devalue the 1st run MS1,MS2, Kizuna, Ultimate 11, Ninja Masters. Remember what makes these games so expensive is the fact that they never come up for sale (not to mention the limited amount of Euro Kizuna and Ultimate 11...I'm not sure how many MS1 were produced) As long as they were released with the same ORIGINAL ARTWORK. Now if they were to package them differently (ie... Playstations Greatest Hits), that would be a different story. Although. I would not spend $300 + for a game with a Greatest Hits Banner or any other non original looking wordings/markings on them. Is it fair to the collector with the $11,000.00 Kizuna? Yes. He bought the game for what he felt it was worth to him and he admittedly said he had no intention on having the price guide reflect his sale in an attempt to solidify the carts resale value.

Well, that's enough from me. I am sure I have pissed some people off with this past statement. I truly feel this will be THE only way SNKP would be able to combat conversions. ELIMINATE the DEMAND for CONVERSIONS by making a SUPPLY of the titles mostly CONVERTED.

Phillip

buster_broon

The Rock,
i wonder if there are a couple of hundred Euro kizuna's sitting in a warehouse somewhere, just like the 200 super dodgeballs that have just surfaced

now that would be funny;)

bulletnyourass

noble trader
buster_broon said:
i wonder if there are a couple of hundred Euro kizuna's sitting in a warehouse somewhere, just like the 200 super dodgeballs that have just surfaced

now that would be funny;)

Buster,

That's the same thing I was thinking when I was typing that. The problem with that would be that whoever had them in their possession would never tell anyone and release one at a time because they know how much money could be gained in the bidding wars if there was only 1 for sale. If the one Wolfgang sold went for 11,000 Euros, how much would a NEW/SEALED one fetch?

Phillip

buster_broon

The Rock,
to be honest though if you had 200 of them how many cats here would pay 11,000usd for a game

i reckon i could list a handfull

yes we are all hardcore gamers/collectors alike but who has the spare ready's - personally i would even dream about paying more than 750usd for a game

i for one couldn't justify spending 10,000+ on 1 game no matter how rare it is

that means i am less hardcore than the rest of you :crying:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
buster_broon said:
to be honest though if you had 200 of them how many cats here would pay 11,000usd for a game

i reckon i could list a handfull

yes we are all hardcore gamers/collectors alike but who has the spare ready's - personally i would even dream about paying more than 750usd for a game

i for one couldn't justify spending 10,000+ on 1 game no matter how rare it is

that means i am less hardcore than the rest of you :crying:

Buster,

I am as Hardcore as you are. I would have to get a Euro Kizuna Conversion. 10,000 is for buying a HOUSE, CAR or LAND. There are probably 5-10 people who would be able to buy immediately. That's why they would release one at a time. After you get the money from those people, you can deal with only getting $500-$1000 per unit. At least 10 people here would pay $10,000. Hell that's $100,000 that's a hell of a down payment for a house. Well it's off to my storage unit to dust of those er......ummmmm......uhhhhh....... forget anything I just said.

Phillip:D

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
buster_broon said:
Breakeeeeeeeeeeeers revengeeeeeeeeeee

Tremendous

i am a cheap ass dig and definately a son of a pitch, i have conversions of items which you can buy :crying:

Yep, it looks great on the side of my Breakers, (Fapping at its
best). I still need a Fight Fever conversion, along with the MVS
kit, as crazy as that may sound... :loco: It's the only fighter
I'm missing.

RocketLawnChair

Dyslexic Mods FWT!, , got me 2 scalps, ,
15 Year Member
I've always been conflicted about conversions. I'm not crazy about them, but I don't curse them or anything. I never liked the idea of sacrificing ANY original cart, but let's face it: Does anyone *really* want to drop an insane chunk of change to own a "real" Slug 1 homecart? :(

Once a proper conversion's performed, you essentially have the same thing (depending on how much of a hack n slash job you got :p) minus the original art. To people who say "You might as well play a boot.", I think that's a little extreme, since a conversion's simply original parts interchanged.

Main thing about conversions that's pretty bad is there's always that one person that ends up paying 2 grand for a Slug 1, which they don't know is a conversion. I generally think conversions are okay, as long as they're reasonably priced, because they help people complete their collections. (I don't care much for sacrificing carts though. :() I'm an MVS guy anyway, so take this as you will.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
So far I have made myself about 17 Conversions, all from real SNK chips, and not 1 game was sacrificed and tossed away! Every conversion got swapped completely and both AES and MVS carts still work fine. I have even gotten roms (chips) from people that have sacced carts and turned them into working MVS carts. If you convert them properly you wont need to toss or sacrifice anything, and there is nothing wrong with that IMO. I truely love conversions as much as my real SNK carts. Hell, I would never get to own Pochi and Nyaa on AES any other way. Conversions, if made from the real deal, and nothing was truely sacrificed, are rockin' to own.

Thats funny SNKJorge needs a conversion of Fight Fever, and thats the only conversion that I been trying to sell off for over a year and nobody is intrested in it! lol ironic.

crashx99

n00b
I know that companies are allowing smaller publishers/distributors to repress their games (REZ, Gitaroo Man, etc..), would it be a too far of a stretch to get the rights to reproduce a certain AES or MVS game yourself (as long as you had the facilities to do this). That could be something, someone with enough capital could do.

Would that cut down on conversions? Probably.

I'm all for conversions, only because some games are valued at waaaayyyy too much, pricing me out of the market (even for MVS games).

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Of course they're not bootlegs, but conversions aren't really necessary now that we have the Super MVS II Converter. And you're sacrificing parts from other games in order to make them.

Two games in one cart? That sounds pretty ghetto.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This entire thread is just the same old opinions that have been posted here again and again. Everybody has their own opinion and you are not going to argue someone else over to your side.

Easy solution--- If you can't afford an original AES cart, buy an MVS, if you don't want a supergun get one that's consolized. Hell I'll consolize an MVS for you that will be a whole lot cheaper than most modded AES systems. Original MVS carts of PB, MS1, and all those others are always cheaper than original AES carts or conversion carts.

Keep on truckin'

-DT

Last edited:

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
m_bish0p said:
yeah, that's why I was 'crying' in the other thread where we were talking about this. (I forgot they were two separate threads)I know you're into conversions, but the problem is still there. If MVS Metal Slugs weren't being converted, I might be able to get one for less than 70$.

Yeah but that logic is flawed. If the people that conveted them had a phantom-1 instead they would still own said Slug 1 MVS and the market would not change.

EDIT: .,.....wow I just relized how old the post was I responded to. Stupid new sub forum :P.

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
Bulletnyourass said:
Buster,

I am as Hardcore as you are. I would have to get a Euro Kizuna Conversion. 10,000 is for buying a HOUSE, CAR or LAND. There are probably 5-10 people who would be able to buy immediately. That's why they would release one at a time. After you get the money from those people, you can deal with only getting $500-$1000 per unit. At least 10 people here would pay $10,000. Hell that's $100,000 that's a hell of a down payment for a house. Well it's off to my storage unit to dust of those er......ummmmm......uhhhhh....... forget anything I just said.

Phillip:D
Hell, where I live 100k can buy you a nice 2000sq ft house on 5 acres of land.