Your highest scores for Metal slug 1 stage 1 only

Top ten scores at 09-14-2003 03:09 PM

1. 211, 860: Ilovejapangirls
2. 209, 860: Lithy
3. 196, 670: kernow
4. 196, 170: Lagduf
5. 193, 330: gozaimas

I've been wondering what the higest possible score for the first ever stage of metal slug is- I've steadily been increasing my score by just a few points each go recently-

Today I got up to 180160 and I was wondering if anyone can get any higher,

cheers

goz

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
hmm, rescuing 10 prisoners and keeping the slug of course,

what about delaying on the boss, I usually spam him to death with grenades, but I realise its not the best way if you're going for score.

I'd say around 150K, but I'll try later and find out the exact amount.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
3 lives, MVS difficulty

attempt 1

attempt 2

attempt 3

I think my main mistake is not stabbing enough people, gotta get those 300's instead of 100 for shooting else you don't have a chance, I hung around the boss for extra long too, but alas didn't beat your attempt in the 3 goes that I had.

I take it you are playing on MVS difficulty, as I think you get slightly more points on HARD.

good work though- It's taken me all week to break the 180k mark.

btw-= I am using the MVS (4) setting on my cabinet.

We should have a tournament/ hiugh scores section on ng.com you know

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Care to share any tactics in getting 180k+ ?

Its ridiculously simple to get through with 10 pow's and the tank, but it takes a bit more to get over 180k I feel.

and YES, we DO need a highscores thing, but I remember people complaining before about ROM user's (cheats etc), and also UNIBIOS users (same thing).

But we're all honest guys, right?

I'll try again later when I get home.

argh- I've upped mine a little to 181380 but your score is SICK!

The more I think about it as I play the more i reckon there must be a perfect score for this level- If you stab everyone instead of shooting it must be possible-

how dod you get your score so high?

And where the hell are some other competitors? Does no-one care about arcade high scores any more? This is by far my favourite aspect pof Neo-geo gaming (and why I own a cab and not an aes anymore). Gamin is about competition- rinsing a game until you can't get any furthur- perfecting techniques and comparing with your friends- not about mint consiiton snaplocks...kids these days...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yep, not many actually PLAY games anymore.

oh well, I too love the score aspect, after all its an arcade game right?

so many ignore the fact its all about score, and your name being on that damn hi score table. :shame:

Uhm, I don't exactly know how I got this score, stabbing everyone I could, apart from a few I miss (the two being crushed by stones, the few at the end where the boss is, I just shot these).

I hung around on the boss, with the tank, shooting my vulcans but NOT using grenades or cannon.

I was watching my score actually this time, if you work out, you get roughly 120,000 for the 10 pow's and the slug being intact, you should aim for definately over 60k by the time you've killed the boss, else you might as well start again, because you won't hit the hallowed 180k at all.

word- if people started playing games and trying to get into the score attack mentality again we might see more people coming into the neo scene for good reasons-

That score you've got will now eat away at me until I can beat it over the next few weeks...

anyays- whereabouts in england are you?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm in the south west, plymouth, but I come from cornwall. :)

I await the day you come back with 190K or something :loco:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

Any tips for any spots I can stand and kill some grunts? I kinda just run through the level knifing as many as I can and getting all 10 hostages.

one tip- when you get the slug make sure you lose no life on it as every gas canister you pick up when you've full life nets a ton of points

Gemant

Member,
in stage 1, max score possible is 280.000 (about)

my personal best is 252.170 (6 years ago) no miss (10 prisoners)

the secret is the metal slug thank

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
in stage 1, max score possibile is 280.000 (about)

my personal best is 252.170 (6 years ago) no miss (10 prisoners)

How is that possible?

Thats a whole 100,000 points that we're missing...

Gemant

Member,
in stage 1 there are 268 enemy and some tanks. To perform 280.000 pts you must kill at least 220 enemy and use the secret of metal slug vehicle.....

Gemant

Member,
in stage 1 there are many secrets....

this, is the more important:

slug.jpg

see the cannon bomb.....

28 cannon = 28.000 points :D

max possible 40 cannons

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I .. don't understand.. just save your cannons?

I've noticed if you hang around, where you get the slug, and the helicopter comes in AFTER blowing up the wooden shacks where the two guys are throwing grenades at you.

anyway, if you hang about here, a LOT of grunts come out, from the left and right, one at a time, depending on how much time you want to waste, you could stab em

HOW the fuck are there 268 enemies.. LOL

kernow said:
I .. don't understand.. just save your cannons?

I've noticed if you hang around, where you get the slug, and the helicopter comes in AFTER blowing up the wooden shacks where the two guys are throwing grenades at you.

anyway, if you hang about here, a LOT of grunts come out, from the left and right, one at a time, depending on how much time you want to waste, you could stab em

HOW the fuck are there 268 enemies.. LOL

yeah - i totally agree- Looking at the way the game scores you it is completely irrelevant how many cannons you have left over- you score 120, 000 for getting all the hostages and the slug and the rest of the score comes from items and enemies.

You'll have to be a HELL of a lot more specific about these 'secrets' if you want to be taken seriously

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
in stage 1 there are many secrets....

this, is the more important:

slug.jpg

see the cannon bomb.....

28 cannon = 28.000 points :D

max possible 40 cannons

I don't understand what you're getting at right here. Can someone elaborate?

And yes we really need a high score database. Something with high scores and perhaps high scores for the first levels of certain games.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
true dat, but gemant _is the man when it comes to Slug 1, I'm sure he'll fill us in.

Gemant

Member,
you do not know the secrets of the game

kill enemy using normal shot = 100 points
kill enemy using knife = 300 points
kill enemy using tank = 10 points...

but...

using cannon from a perfect distance from enemy, and 1000 points increase for each hit.

28 cannon = 1000 points x 28 enemy

in the photo appeare the exctly distance from enemy to perform 1000 points

Gemant

Member,
gozaimas said:
yeah - i totally agree- Looking at the way the game scores you it is completely irrelevant how many cannons you have left over- you score 120, 000 for getting all the hostages and the slug and the rest of the score comes from items and enemies.

You'll have to be a HELL of a lot more specific about these 'secrets' if you want to be taken seriously

to perform 3.000.000 pts +, all 105 hostages and 100.000 bonus for stage are not sufficient.

is necessary kill all enemy with knife or cannon (1000 points)

before of first helicopter there are: 6+6+1+2+3+8+8+18+5 enemies

if you kill all 57 enemies with knife the score increase quickly