A QUICK vBulletin Crash Course.....

Q

qube

I PMed Shawn about uploading an avatar last night for those of you that are trying. He responded that avatars can no longer be larger than 25000 bytes, so as to cut down on the amount of animated avatars:( This sucks....

Q-

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Very glad to see the move to VBBulletin, since that's what all the other forums I visit use (including my own). :)

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
qube said:
I PMed Shawn about uploading an avatar last night for those of you that are trying. He responded that avatars can no longer be larger than 25000 bytes, so as to cut down on the amount of animated avatars:( This sucks....

Q-

Um, ok but my avatar is less than 2000 bytes...

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
qube said:

Q-
Oh no. NO NO NO. I made that avatar JUST for this forum, now it's GONE?! DIEDIEDIE MODS NOT GODS KTHXBAI OMGASL?!!!

LOL no biggie. Maybe I can crop out a pic of my useless talent and use that, lol. Pro tempore, I'm Avatarless Dan.

I feel naked... clothe me...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Phoenix Down said:
Um, ok but my avatar is less than 2000 bytes...

It doesn't work. I tried uploading avatars that are on the site and it wont load.

Re: Re: My questions for this new forum

Amano Jacu said:
The forum has gone back to the old rank system we had: every ¿25? posts, your rank changes automatically, there's a bunch of ranks preconfigured already. The blocks or stars or whatever below it is just a part of it. You can't change your rank yourself. Only the mods could give you a permanent custom rank.

By the way, I can't upload my own custom avatar, Magnaflux gets the same error as me, looks like that needs to be fixed.

/\-- I like how reply quote just prints the most recent reply, not a huge chain of them :)

THanks for letting me know of all this Amano. I just recenlty noticed my rank changed, and also those buttons below it have changed from 3 to 2 and changed to blue in color.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
qube said:

Q-

I pm'ed MM about it last night, he said they raised it. It's now 50000bytes. :)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
robert said:
I have quite never posted in the selling section or in the warroom so I don't understand. I have sent a PM to mouse master. I hope that he can do something.

Hi and welcome to the board :P
man that sucks

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I am starting to like the new look now with custom ranks and my new avatar is sweet too

once you can see the topic headers in each section it will be a bit easier to read as you not a clue what people have replied to unless you go into the forum section itself

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
New layout looks neat. Sucks though that the PM's didn't migrate over.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
What's the need for animated avatars really? They weren't allowed eight months ago. I remember quite a bit of controversy over M.A.D.'s rotating NES av.

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Ok, i still cant find where my pm's are

Someone please explain to me in detail where they are!!!

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
Ok my avatar is selectable to new people that sign up. But i cant seem to figure out how i can get it back? Some one help please :help:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Re: Re: Re: My questions for this new forum

Electroman said:
/\-- I like how reply quote just prints the most recent reply, not a huge chain of them :)

THanks for letting me know of all this Amano. I just recenlty noticed my rank changed, and also those buttons below it have changed from 3 to 2 and changed to blue in color.

Yeah, we've recovered some of the nice features we lost in the previous update, like the absence of quote repetition (thanks god) and custom ranks. With the feature of disabling sigs the forums are much more readable. Now the only thing I still miss is the flags.

I still can't upload my own avatar from my computer, I always get this error:

There has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully.

And by the way, I agree with Talen than 50kb for a 64x64 avatar is insane, there's absolutely no need for more than 25kb. Unless you want to animate it of course, but again I find that absolutely unnecessary.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Anyone else have a post count that is continuing to decrease?

Mine went down another 40 or so posts in the last couple of hours.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I just noticed the same thing happening. My dropped in half initially, if it drops much more i'll be back to noob central.

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
Yeah, VB is nice and speedy. A very welcomed change. Now let's see some hacks, the quick reply one is quite nice.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Maybe this was already brought up in this threads, but what happened to all the thread in the market place?

I just checked for my CPS-2 and Dreamcast thread in Everything Else and I can't find it, nor anyone from more than a day ago?

:spock:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Whoa what happend to the forums! I see major changes. Whats my posts at and where did all the smiley faces go? Also how do I log out as I cant find it? So many questions........ aaahhhhhh!