A QUICK vBulletin Crash Course.....

R

robert

I had 3500 posts before the switch and now I have 3. Mouse Master DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
robert said:
I had 3500 posts before the switch and now I have 3. Mouse Master DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!

I think all the posts from SNK selling, wanted & everything else have all been deleted aswell but most of your posts were'nt in there right?

R

robert

I have quite never posted in the selling section or in the warroom so I don't understand. I have sent a PM to mouse master. I hope that he can do something.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Test test. Jusk checking. Blah blah. Test test.

Okay.:buttrock:

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
And I thought my post count loss was bad, losing all of your 3500 posts is ridiculous. The only posts that should have been lost should be the war room posts. Hopefully they can fix everyones count, along with the other problems since switching boards.

R

robert

I have made perhaps 100 or 150 posts in the war room, but cancelling my 3500 post is really weird, I wait for the answer of mouse_master or any other mods. Please change my post count.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I have an avatar I'd like to upload from my machine, however I get an error message each time I attempt it.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
It's definately not just War Room posts that went missing. I lost around 300 posts, and I have posted a total of ONE TIME in the War Room.

Violent Ken

Armored Scrum Object
I can't believe so many people are crying over post counts. It should not matter at all. Many sites dont have post counts like SRK and SNk-capcom.com, so what is the problem. I thought people here didnt care about it. I say we disable post counts to kill some of the elitisim that goes on.

Kudos to Mouse Master for your hard work!

Will be great to see these forums looking like they used to be back in 2001.

Btw: Some flags need to be rotated to their right position.

Allien133

Astra Superstar
Nice work it looks good, but i lost 1/2 my post count :(

I never really post in the war room either :spock:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
Man its confusing to wake up to all of this :frown:

Pretty cool though!

Only thing is i can't get my avatar, i click Yes because it says theres a custom avatar in the data base for me and then i get an error, so i try to upload it and i get an error again :(

Whats going on? i need my Devil :)

And i lost about a 1000 Posts! :tickled:

When you go into the options area, you wil be subscribed to this particular thread.What you wnat to do is "unsubscribe" and sense you have set the opytions to NO E-MAIL Notification,you will not be subscribed to another thread which will eliminate the annoyance.
This BBS is growing on me already because it appears that the goal is to have simplistic sophistication and I'm all for that.
I really hope the old BBS will be preserved in some form..There is a WEALTH of good stuff there!!
-BB

My questions for this new forum

1.) Somehow I got a custom rank of "Krauser's Henchman". How did I get this?
2.) How can I get a new custom rank?
3.) What do the 3 little green blocks mean below this custom rank?

Anyway I'm happy that the new system is up. I always liked this forum format, and also like the fact I can subscribe to forums, search ALL forums if I want, etc.

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Re: My questions for this new forum

Electroman said:
1.) Somehow I got a custom rank of "Krauser's Henchman". How did I get this?
2.) How can I get a new custom rank?
3.) What do the 3 little green blocks mean below this custom rank?

Anyway I'm happy that the new system is up. I always liked this forum format, and also like the fact I can subscribe to forums, search ALL forums if I want, etc.

Thanks to anyone that can answer.

The forum has gone back to the old rank system we had: every ¿25? posts, your rank changes automatically, there's a bunch of ranks preconfigured already. The blocks or stars or whatever below it is just a part of it. You can't change your rank yourself. Only the mods could give you a permanent custom rank.

By the way, I can't upload my own custom avatar, Magnaflux gets the same error as me, looks like that needs to be fixed.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
robert said:

Were most of your posts in the International forum? Maybe those don't have been counted, either. It also looks like that very old posts were lost, too, and you have been here for a long time.

And anyway, why do you care that much about post count? In any case please have a little patience, Mouse Master has around one gazillion of things to do in the board before caring for that.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Re: Re: My questions for this new forum

Amano Jacu said:
The forum has gone back to the old rank system we had: every ¿25? posts, your rank changes automatically, there's a bunch of ranks preconfigured already. The blocks or stars or whatever below it is just a part of it. You can't change your rank yourself. Only the mods could give you a permanent custom rank.

I always liked the old rank system and was sad to see it go.

I'm glad it's back. :)

R

robert

The most strange thing is that I see my old posts with a ROBERT account from a guy who come pakistan??? I will try to log in with ROBERT

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Re: Some other quick tidbits....

Mouse_Master said:
In the move, besides losing PM's and Everything Else, we only lost 5 threads from the War Room, and 1 thread in International.

Actually, you lost quite a bit of posts in the SNK Selling forum too. The main forum index shows it as having 6214 threads, and 43481 posts, but when I go to that forum, there is only 21 threads.

Is it like that for everyone else too?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
robert said:
The most strange thing is that I see my old posts with a ROBERT account from a guy who come pakistan??? I will try to log in with ROBERT

OK, it looks like the new board messed up with the "case sensitive" names... Most likely Mouse will fix this when he has the time.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Looks good so far. I hope my post count isn't too wounded....I can't seem to upload an avatar from my computer.

Last edited:
R

robert

No changes with the ROBERT account. I will wait for the mouse master's answer to my PM.

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
it looks like most of us lost our custom ranks, too. Goodbye Spanish Fly...tear*

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
4 things:

1) Nearly every time I click on a link to open a new window or change my profile settings the browser window crashes. This happens with both internal and external URLs and I must ctrl-alt-del to close the window. I had to do this about 5 times just to add my avatar...

2) Apparently uploading avatars directly from your computer is not working, as I receive an unknown error message.

3) I'm curious as to why posts counts were so drastically reduced. I lost about 500 posts and I can guarantee I haven't posted 500 times in the War Room since the last time post counts were re-enabled there. It's not a big deal, I'm just kind of curious.

4) Is there any good way to export whole PMs to a text file? I can copy the straight text, but is there a way to copy the headers and everything? I ask because with all the scamming that's gone on here I or someone else may need a verbatum PM as proof. If there's a way to do that then it would allow me to just remove the PMs from here, rather than having to worry about importing them into vBulletin. If all else fails I guess just saving each PM as a webspace would probably work.

With all that said though, I do like the new look but it will take a little getting used to. :)