A QUICK vBulletin Crash Course.....

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Where the hell did all my Pm's go?!!??

Please tell me these can be recovered................

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
neo-geo 2 said:
Where the hell did all my Pm's go?!!??

Please tell me these can be recovered................

Click on members on the side bar, then go into your profile from there. That still links to the old board where all that stuff sits... you may want to bookmark that for future use.

-Nick

X

Y,
I also lost many post, maybe around 200 or so. I have posted in

the war room maybe 3 times since I registered here. Oh well, all

is good in the world.:buttrock:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
best bbs EVAR.

Yeah, I just saw the post count damage... you made out like a bandit man... only lost 100 posts... Take a bow mister number 3 top poster!

-Nick

ray_7

nruva said:
Yeah, I just saw the post count damage... you made out like a bandit man... only lost 100 posts... Take a bow mister number 3 top poster!

-Nick

by saying best bbs ever, I don't mean that coz I'm the number 3 poster, rather coz we have now switch to vB and this neo forums is looking better than ever.:)

hey i didn't even know i'm on the top 3, rarely post here nowadays, and never posted in the war room...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
ray_7 said:
by saying best bbs ever, I don't mean that coz I'm the number 3 poster, rather coz we have now switch to vB and this neo forums is looking better than ever.:)

hey i didn't even know i'm on the top 3, rarely post here nowadays, and never posted in the war room...

:multi_co:

-Nick

Voorhees

Zero's Secretary
OK, I'm down by 100 posts myself, and I don't believe I've ever posted in the war room..........

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
please disable the colored text or the forums will soon enough look like a f*ckin comic book. thanks. :(

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Wonderful work!

I really like the new look:D

and i like the fact that posts in war room don't count anymore^__^!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Very nice update, Mouse, thanks for all the hard work. The user control panel is great, overall the whole thing looks much more polished and user-friendly.

Btw., does vbulletin or the underlying mail server offer any precautions against mail-(re)bounces caused by a lot of thread notification mails sent to a postbox that has an autoresponder set? If the neo-geo.com mailer answers the bounce again it could lead to a huge load of looped mails with exceeded hop counts that may clog up your MTA or even fill up your entire disk space. Just a thought.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Everything looks ok, except the post count thing is messed up, I had almost 1100 posts and now 500 something, I 've only posted maybe 5 or 6 times in the war room. Why the hell did I loose almost 500 posts??? It's like your post count was only counted once for each thread you posted to, so if you posted 30 times to one particular thread, it only counts as +1 to your post count. Any way of fixing this and bringing everyones post count to what it should be minus the war room?

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Some other quick tidbits....

'Editted By' is not added to a post til 5 minutes has passed, so you can dit your post without that message appearing just to fix simple mistakes. At least, that is how it is setup, I have not tried it myself.

If enabled, you most likely want ot disable this setting in the User CP. Mine was disabled when I started testing, so it is odd it is enabled on so many. And, no, I have not seen a way to glabally disable it (yet).

USER CP --> Edit Options -->
Use 'Email Notification' by default?
Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

Set to no.

As for post counts, I'm starting to think UBB must have counted PM's as posts whenever the the site needed re-indexing.

In the move, besides losing PM's and Everything Else, we only lost 5 threads from the War Room, and 1 thread in International.

Much better than the usual UBB upgrade (Except for the PMs and forum, but we have an archive of them so...) where we would lose, on average, 60 or 70 threads, mostly in the war room, or because the thread became too big for UBB to handle.

Need sleep......

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'm really really liking the new look :D

Most of the changes have got the bbs looking like it used to back in 2001 before the hack attack and upgrade.

Yep, it really looks top dog! :D

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
so you actually made the change

I remember this being talked about before

Ehh...Im gonna have to get used to it, but if you think its for the better.:)

edit:
I seem to have lost my avatar and 200 posts.

I never really cared about post counts, but Im just wondering whats the technical reason behind the post drops?

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Cool.

I wonder how many posts I lost....Over 500. Ouch, I didn't post that much in the warroom.

Must try to now get to 1000 again.

Skeeter

Kuroko's Training Dummy
twalden said:
Cool, you can see who's lurking on the forums now.
I believe you could see who was on before the switch. That is unless you hide your online status ;)

So far I like the change, looking good:buttrock:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Man its confusing to wake up to all of this :frown:

Pretty cool though!

Only thing is i can't get my avatar, i click Yes because it says theres a custom avatar in the data base for me and then i get an error, so i try to upload it and i get an error again :(

Whats going on? i need my Devil :)

And i lost about a 1000 Posts! :tickled:

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I clicked "no" to have the forums to stop emailing me every time someone replies to a thread I've posted in, but it still emails me everytime someone posts. How do I get it to stop doing this?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
robert said:
WTF?? I'm now a newbie with 2 posts. You deleted my account??

Thats weird & yet amusing, because it still says your reg date was Dec 2000. :smirk: