Differences between Guilty gear X+ and XX?

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Just to know the differences between the 2.
I played the XX and I found it really good.
I searched the web for information and by watching to GGX+ screenshots, It seems it's very close to the XX version.

So, could someone that really know both of them could explain to me what are the improvements from the X to the XX... or any other kind of difference between them?
I know there is a few difference according to the playable characters (such as the kof). I know there are the 'destroyed' mention when you beat your opponent by the 'one hit killing move' wink
but it seems that the backgrounds, the musics and many other things are so common in both version that the XX version looks more like an expension from the X+ version than anything else...

Also, I would like to know the differences between the PS2 version and the arcade version.. to know where the PS2 version was reduced to suit the format of the PS2.

And to finish, I would like to know the differences between the XX version, the 'reload', and the '1.5' version.

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
So??
Nobody knows the guilty gear serie and in particular the X+ and the XX version?
I thought this game was a famous one... Maybe I'm wrong...

Really nobody can help me?

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Hi, I played GGX+ and XX a couple of times but I really didn't get to grips with it very well. Don't know why, but I didn't like it a lot.
I'd assume that the difference lies in a couple of extra moves and more fluid animations as they usually do for updates since XX is noting more than that. Differences between the PS2 version and the arcade are always pretty much the same as any other home conversions; sprite size is decreased although with the latest consoles this doesn't need to be a problem anymore....
But to tell you the truth, I haven't played it enough to really know the differences....sorry

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Thanks a lot for your reply.
And, since you didn't noticed so many things so far, then it means the differences are probably very poor... so maybe I will buy the X+ instead of the XX :)

But of course, if someone else can add any details about these games, then it's welcome mr_t

For my part, I've only played the XX version for a couple of hours... and I really enjoyed this game drool

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Definitely get XX since it features 5 characters not in X+: I-no, Zappa, Slayer, Bridget, and Robo-Ky.

Not sure if Kilff and Justice make it (again).

As for 1.5, It's actually a port of X to Sammy's own Atomiswave hardware. It gives the GGX cast some of their moves from XX.

#(sharp)Reload is an expansion upon XX. Robo-Ky is a new addition (for those who never played the PS2 version).

I almost forgot to tell you that the biggest change as far as game play (from X to XX) is that in GGX you had four buttons (P, K, S, and HS), while in GGXX, you have five (the same four and the a D button). The D(ust) button is a macro of S+HS from GGX. Also in XX, you have a Psych-burst, which is your 'combo breaker' (done by pushing D+any button. Lastly, Air throwing is allowed in XX.

Hope that helps.

<small>[ March 31, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: eight one ]</small>

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Indeed that helps!
Thanks a lot for these precisions.

I think I will buy the XX version then...
Just any others few questions.

With these changes, do you think the XX version got a better game play?

**Do you think you can perform better combos?
**Do you think the game is better balanced?
**Do you think break combo command is really enjoyable by good player?
**Do you think the 'destroyed' option is too powerful so that the games become poorer between good players, each of them frightened to lose until the last second?

And, about the musics and the background:
are they all the same in the X+ and the XX version?

Thanks again wink

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Scalpeur:
Indeed that helps!
Thanks a lot for these precisions.

I think I will buy the XX version then...
Just any others few questions.

With these changes, do you think the XX version got a better game play?

**Do you think you can perform better combos?
**Do you think the game is better balanced?
**Do you think break combo command is really enjoyable by good player?
**Do you think the 'destroyed' option is too powerful so that the games become poorer between good players, each of them frightened to lose until the last second?

And, about the musics and the background:
are they all the same in the X+ and the XX version?

Thanks again wink
Better gameplay in XX? Definitely! with the extra (or revised) moves and the tweaks to balance this game, it is defintely better.

The Psych-burst is defintely helpful. It definitely helps matches from getting too lopsided when used right.

Who really uses the Destroy attack? Anyone who used it too much would defintely come off as a p****. They look cool and everything, but for the most part, they're really unnecessary-especially in a Vs. game.

As for the backgrounds? They're not quite as charmless this time around. For example there's a LOT more going on in Axl's stage in XX. You see all kinds of people walking by. Other stages have minor differences like the time of day in Baiken's stage, etc.

If you think Dizzy was a bitch to fight, then "EX" I-no will really piss you off.

Please select of a character... wink